Top 5 Packer moments of the last 10 years

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My list:

5) Favre MNF game vs. Raiders (after his father's death)
Let me start this off by saying: I can't stand the primadonna now. But at the time -- this was something to behold. And it wasn't just Favre's performance that was inspiring -- it was his receivers. Walker, Ferguson, Wesley Walls, guys who never really amounted to much, made some unbelievable plays. They took their game to a level that they seemingly weren't even capable of. They refused to let their QB down that night.

4) Al Harris pick 6 vs Hasslebeck
"We want the ball and we're going to score." This came from the same year as the one above. The 2003 season actually had some quite a few memorable moments, so it was beyond disappointing that 4th and 26 ended it all, because that team might have been able to go all the way.

3) McCown to Poole - Miracle in Arizona
The only moment that didn't actually involve a Packer game, the 2003 season should have been over without even a playoff berth. The Vikings were on their way to the division crown, up 17-6 with 2 minutes left against the worst team in the NFL at the time, the Cardinals. Inexplicably, the Cardinals first converted a 4th and 1 followed by recovering an onside kick, and on the last play of the game on 4th and 24, as time expired, McCown fired a pass to Poole in the endzone who came down and was ruled forced out to send the shocked Vikings home with an 18-17 Cardinals win.

2) Shields ends Bears' hopes and sends Packers to the Super Bowl
The ending was great enough as it was, but the fact that it occurred against the Bears made it all the more gratifying. It was the perfect way to get back to the Super Bowl.

1) Tramon ends Super Bowl 45
I still remember it well -- with Troy and Buck first shocked at first that no PI was called, then upon seeing the play again, realizing that it was simply a great defensive play. Any Super Bowl win is wonderful, but the injuries, both in this game and throughout the season, made this an unforgettable Super Bowl win.

Honorable mentions:
* Packers offense explodes against Falcons to send them to NFC Championship Game
* Tramon intercepts Vick to win Wild Card game vs. Philly
* Packers defeat eventual NFC Champion Bears 26-7 in final game of 2006 season
* Flynn and Rodgers 6 TD performance games

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3) McCown to Poole - Miracle in Arizona
The only moment that didn't actually involve a Packer game, the 2003 season should have been over without even a playoff berth. The Vikings were on their way to the division crown, up 17-6 with 2 minutes left against the worst team in the NFL at the time, the Cardinals. Inexplicably, the Cardinals first converted a 4th and 1 followed by recovering an onside kick, and on the last play of the game on 4th and 24, as time expired, McCown fired a pass to Poole in the endzone who came down and was ruled forced out to send the shocked Vikings home with an 18-17 Cardinals win.

while i agree with this one you can make a strong case for Miracle in the Meadowlands II. This was really a pivotal play in the 2010 season considering The Packers lose the SNF game against the Pats that night. W/o D-Jax running back that punt for TD in the closing seconds, our playoff hopes were on a lifeline that day

H

HardRightEdge

I gotta go with Collins' pick 6 in the SB, caused by the Green hit on Roethlisburger. That was the pivotal play in the game in my mind.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta go with Collins' pick 6 in the SB, caused by the Green hit on Roethlisburger. That was the pivotal play in the game in my mind.

Collins was not pivotal imo, it happened early when we already had all of the momentum, The bigger play in that game was the bishop fumble recovery.

Miracle at the Meadowlands II was bigger than the Cardinals Vikings game, both were equally shocking, the punt return and the comeback in that game were amazing. The Meadowlands II lead to us getting into the playoffs and WINNING the Superbowl.

Cool list though, very interesting topic.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The comeback by Philly in the Meadowlands was amazing, but I don't know how it ever got started that we wouldn't have made the playoffs without it. It's a misconception. Without that win, Philly goes 9-7 that year. They would have missed the playoffs entirely with the Giants winning the division and the Packers still would have had the tiebreaker over the Bucs for the #6 seed.

Packers would have gone to New York to face the Giants in the first round instead of going to Philly...everything else would've been the same.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd add BJ Raji's pick-six to the list. It was the defining play of that NFC Championship in my opinion. So much to it that makes it my favorite play of the 2010 season:

1. Pick-Six sealed the game and SB berth
2. BJ Raji dropped into coverage perfectly and picked off Hanie, b/c Cutler turned into Quitler.
3. Raji's hula dance
4. Raji's triumphant Championship Belt at the very end.

Reaction score
Big Boys Scoring TDs (Raji/Mike Daniels/Tauscher)
The Superbowl Run (Wk 15 - SB45)
Favre tops Marino's Career TD record
Driver/KGB/Ahman Green set new franchise records
Drafting Aaron Rodgers
^ my top 5.

12theTruth

Hiring Ted Thompson
Drafting Aaron Rodgers
Favre Breaks All Time Wins for QB
BJ Raji Pick 6 NFC Championship Game
Ahman Green Goes for 200 yards Dec 28, 2003

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins was not pivotal imo, it happened early when we already had all of the momentum, The bigger play in that game was the bishop fumble recovery.

Miracle at the Meadowlands II was bigger than the Cardinals Vikings game, both were equally shocking, the punt return and the comeback in that game were amazing. The Meadowlands II lead to us getting into the playoffs and WINNING the Superbowl.

Cool list though, very interesting topic.
I don't think that's correct.
I think that just flip-flopped who got in between Philly & the NY Giants.
It was Tampa Bay that we needed to lose to a terrible Detroit Lions team, to edge Tampa Bay for the 6th seed.
Detroit hadn't won a road game in like 2 years, and Tampa Bay was 10-5 that year.

And David Akers deserves a mention for missing not one but TWO kicks in that Wildcard game we squeeked by the Eagles. He was a Pro Bowler that year, and him having a Mason Crosby game perhaps, just perhaps, was the gift that we needed to catapult ourselves towards Atlanta and then the Super Bowl....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The comeback by Philly in the Meadowlands was amazing, but I don't know how it ever got started that we wouldn't have made the playoffs without it. It's a misconception. Without that win, Philly goes 9-7 that year. They would have missed the playoffs entirely with the Giants winning the division and the Packers still would have had the tiebreaker over the Bucs for the #6 seed.

Packers would have gone to New York to face the Giants in the first round instead of going to Philly...everything else would've been the same.
True.... and those ****ing Giants would probably have ended our season again, as they did last year and in 2007.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Giants would have beaten us that year. We were operating on all cylinders in the playoffs, the Giants never really peaked at the end that year. We had absolutely crushed them two weeks earlier at Lambeau.

But, they've had our number, so who really knows. Fortunately we'll never have to know.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Giants would have beaten us that year. We were operating on all cylinders in the playoffs, the Giants never really peaked at the end that year. We had absolutely crushed them two weeks earlier at Lambeau.

But, they've had our number, so who really knows. Fortunately we'll never have to know.
Exactly.
We didn't roll that first playoff game though, at Philly. We got lucky that Akers missed 2 chippies.

Anyway, yes we'll never know, and I won't mind at all if we don't have to beat the Giants again yet win a Super Bowl.
I don't care who we beat, just want to get back to the pinnacle in the Super Bowl.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Al Harris OT Pick-6 was all-time epic.
I just wish it could have come against a QB like Eli or Culpepper and not Hasselbeck whom I like.
But oh well LOL

Too bad the gunslinger threw it all away the following week though when we had destiny on our side.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts