Top 100 players of 2011

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's in the interpretation of MVP. IMO an MVP would be the one to lead their team to a championship, and thus making them most "valuable". Just another way of looking at it.

Well I think that argument would quickly fall apart if you look back. 2007, Brady sets an NFL record for TDs, yet loses the SB. Eli won the MVP. I cant imagine anyone arguing that Eli is a better QB, but then again I never thought I would be arguing about Brady being mvp either.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
the patriots had an inexperienced defense and an average receiving corps but brady and co. still won enough games to clinch a first round bye so yeah i can easily see him being number 1

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are lies, **mn lies, and statistics. You can find any stat you want to support any conclusion you want. And intangibles is not a cop out. If it is why do we ask about Jolly, Underwood, and others who have talent, but whose attitude creates division and distraction. I stand by the TO example -- great receiver, great talent, great numbers -- but so divisive no one really wants him -- intangibles.
I don't care what you say, if you are honest you will admit that all of this is a matter of opinion anyway -- that's why they have to have a nation-wide panel to make the decision -- if it were just statistics why would we need a panel to vote? TB is #1 in your opinion; and I respect that. The truth is I never even said Brady shouldn't be #1, just that I would barf if he was -- that's my opinion -- perhaps you could respect the opinions of others.
To me, an MVP doesn't have to be the guy with the best statistics. IMO the MVP may well be the guy who did the most with the least, hence my OPINION that MM was more deserving than Belichek.
You ask me to defend a position I never took. I could understand your comments if I had asserted that ***** were better or more deserving, but I didn't. I never said who was more deserving, if anyone, I am not sure anyone else is, I am simply sick and tired of hearing about Brady, Belichek, and the NE Patriots. If you don't think there is a media bias toward the larger markets and the marquee players maybe you could have the room next to me in the asylum.
It's my opinion and I'll barf if I want to.

lol at your attempt to diminish TDs and INTs in football. Yeah someone can just find any other those stats to make a point (rolls eyes). People just say that when they are proven wrong and have nothing else.

Media bias? maybe but not by much. Are you one of those people that complains the packers dont get enough media coverage? Tom Brady gets the media coverage because he dominates. It wouldnt matter if he played for the rams. Keep in mind he has the TD reco... wait thats a stat so you will argue its meaningless... and he has 3 title... wait thats another stat...

you can barf if you want to or cry if you want to but saying your going barf if TB is #1 is suggesting you strongly disagree with the selection and it makes you sick.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Patriots and can't stand Brady.
But he was head & shoulders the best in the league last year.

Now if we're forecasting 2011, then anybody can guess whatever they want.

As for the numbers I posted back a page, that was my rankings.

LOL at anybody mentioning James Jones or Jordy Nelson in the NFL's Best 100 players!

Jordy could be in the 90-100 range just based on being the packers #2 next year.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Also, here are the Packers that I think will be on the list:

Rodgers
Matthews
Woodson
Tramon
Jennings
Collins

I think Finley is left off of the list because of a lack of production. We all know he has the most talent of any TE in the league but injuries have hampered him. I think Sitton should probably be on the list but guard is one of those positions where you make these lists based on your reputation. Sitton is getting there, as I heard numerous FOX announcers mention how good Sitton is. Raji is sort of in the same boat, 3-4 NT is very much a reputation position and Raji just isn't there yet.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jordy is on this list, it loses all credibility.
Exactly!
Think about this:
TOP 100 IN THE NFL.

QB, RB, TE, WR, OT, OG, C, DE, DT/NT, LB, CB, S

That's 12 positions and I don't count the foot people.
So you can have about 8 guys at each position on average. Of course, QBs get way overrated so they'll have at least 12 QBs.

Anyway, so 8-10 WRs can make the list. Now some would say WR is an overrated position when you consider that Randy Moss and Terrell Owens were by far the most dominant WRs of the 00's, and neither got a ring. Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson are the best today.... no rings.

Anyway, regardless of the importance of WRs (that's for another thread), for someone can tell us with a straight face that Jordy is one of the NFL's best 8 or 10 WR's..... they have a bright future in politics as a spokesperson or press secretary.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, here are the Packers that I think will be on the list:

Rodgers
Matthews
Woodson
Tramon
Jennings
Collins

I think Finley is left off of the list because of a lack of production. We all know he has the most talent of any TE in the league but injuries have hampered him. I think Sitton should probably be on the list but guard is one of those positions where you make these lists based on your reputation. Sitton is getting there, as I heard numerous FOX announcers mention how good Sitton is. Raji is sort of in the same boat, 3-4 NT is very much a reputation position and Raji just isn't there yet.

Kinda what I originally thought. Ranking depends somewhat on when the votes were taken. Post season success ups a players reported value. Assuming about week 17 or so: A-rod top 5 behind maybe Brady Suh and Troy. CM3 top 25, Jennings and Woodson next 25, Tramon, Collins and maybe Raji, Sitton or AJ make the list. I expect "stat" guys and scorers to populate the list.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly!
Think about this:
TOP 100 IN THE NFL.

QB, RB, TE, WR, OT, OG, C, DE, DT/NT, LB, CB, S

That's 12 positions and I don't count the foot people.
So you can have about 8 guys at each position on average. Of course, QBs get way overrated so they'll have at least 12 QBs.

Anyway, so 8-10 WRs can make the list. Now some would say WR is an overrated position when you consider that Randy Moss and Terrell Owens were by far the most dominant WRs of the 00's, and neither got a ring. Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson are the best today.... no rings.

Anyway, regardless of the importance of WRs (that's for another thread), for someone can tell us with a straight face that Jordy is one of the NFL's best 8 or 10 WR's..... they have a bright future in politics as a spokesperson or press secretary.

Oh I am a regular Jordy hater (mostly based on his inability to return anything) but wouldnt be surprised if he got a bunch of hype off the SB.

Joe Namath is in the HOF, nothing comes as a shock after that happened.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shoo-in:

Rodgers
Matthews
Woodson
Jennings
Driver

Very Possible:

Collins
Williams
Raji
Jenkins

50/50 Chance:

Starks (Sorry, Kitten)
Bishop
Flynn (Sorry, Matty Flynn)
Shields

Happens if I See Pigs In The Sky, A Snowball Survive in Hell, Satan Skating to Work, and the Vikings Winning the Super Bowl:

Nelson
Jones
Bush
Zombo
Walden
Harrell (both of them)
Bulaga
Crabtree
Quarless

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shoo-in:

Rodgers
Matthews
Woodson
Jennings
Driver

Very Possible:

Collins
Williams
Raji
Jenkins

God knows I love Donald, but he won't be on the NFL's Best 100.
Not a chance. Certainly he's no shoo-in. He might be a long shot, but he won't make it...

Reaction score
Matthews/Rodgers/Jennings/BJRaji?/Woodson/Tramon....

then again, they'll probably just snub all of our players from the list and vote in a bunch of AFC players that were great(the last decade) for the list cuz of recognition....so i'm guessing LTomlinson gets ranked higher than everyone from the nfc....probably not michael vick, but still.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im going to go with 4 players from the packers make the list.

Rodgers, Jennings, Williams, and Matthews.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
via peter king

• Quarterbacks will be the third-most common players on the show, which is sort of surprising.

• No kickers or punters in the top 100.

• It's a 5-5 defense-offense split in the top 10.

• There are two 2010 rookies, including Ndamukong Suh, among the top 100.

• And unlike the historical show, on which people from all walks of life introduced the players, this will have only current players and coaches introducing their own players, teammates and foes. You'll see Rex Ryan on Darrelle Revis, for instance, and Terrell Owens on Champ Bailey, and Bill Belichick on Jerod Mayo.

• Each show will be followed by an NFL Network post-show discussion, complete with social-media fan reaction from Facebook and Twitter, in effect arguing about where the players landed.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Brady. He is the epitome of a system QB. Manning has to at least carry his team and they really dont have alot of talent. Brady has Belecheat.

Superior Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There should be a number of packers fir sure in the top 100. One questionable person I was thinking of was Larry fitzgerald. He would've made it for sure last year because of his powerful post season, but this year I didn't see too much spark out of him. Amy comments?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Brady. He is the epitome of a system QB. Manning has to at least carry his team and they really dont have alot of talent. Brady has Belecheat.

I hope someday we have a system QB that throws 50 TDs

Members online

Latest posts