too many mental mistakes in 1st half

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what the heck are we doing out there .... i see the reciving core making mistake after mistake ... Rodgers is getting too excited ,,, trying to forice a ball that turns into a pick ...i hope MM is on this ,,, we need a big time adjustment ... i dont believe we are in real trouble YET ,,, but if the mistakes continue ,, we will be ...

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's called "no running game" man. Without one, we're one dimensional and predictable. Can't win games just throwing the ball around.

whatdyisit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we adapted to the game. Rodgers was completing passes we couldn’t run the ball. That means pass more! Granted you can't always win a game with a one dimensional offense but I think we could have one this one of Rodgers would have been able to throw more.
Look at Griese last week. 67 passes, and they one that game.

whatdyisit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it was Grant's head. I think he hung around in the backfield maybe more that he should have but there was still no blocking for him.

In years past I would have expected this game to turn into a bunch passes coming from Favre. Very efficient, moving the ball. I was expecting the same from Rodgers. Why did we keep running the ball? It just didn't make sense.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whatdyisit said:
Why did we keep running the ball? It just didn't make sense.

We only ran the ball 16 times.. thats not that much, plus its not like our passing game was doin that much better.. 2TD and 3INT ...so what are you gonna do?

I do think they shoulda given jackson more carries, if grants clearly not working then why not? Jacksons avg is around 5 yards a carry this year

whatdyisit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't check the numbers. It just seemed like we were running the ball when we knew that Tampa would shut us down. 2 of those INT's were not at all A-Rods fault. If you look at that last one, Driver would have been TD bound if Rodgers wouldn't have been hit from behind.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whatdyisit said:
I didn't check the numbers. It just seemed like we were running the ball when we knew that Tampa would shut us down. 2 of those INT's were not at all A-Rods fault. If you look at that last one, Driver would have been TD bound if Rodgers wouldn't have been hit from behind.

Yes...and if you hold the ball forever because you wont get hit, somebody will be open on EVERY play. Unfortunately, it doesnt work that way. The defensive players get paid to cover, rush the qb, etc.

OP
OP
mike bat

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan4 said:
it's called "no running game" man. Without one, we're one dimensional and predictable. Can't win games just throwing the ball around.
we havent had a running game in a while ,,, nothing new here .... the last years we were able to bust a few runs was due to the fact ,, we havent had a running game .... we had Brett ,, who needs a running game when you can toss tds ...
we lost a game we should have won ... im not convinced the play calling was bad ,, but it was shotty ... what ever changes we need to make better be made now ,, while we still have a shot at a season ...

Members online

Latest posts