Tony Romo is working on some special things for next season.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just won't say what they are.

"I don't want to tell you just because they're important to me and I want to continue to improve in certain areas," Romo said. "But I'm pretty excited about a couple areas that are taking shape. I think it's going to allow me to take the next step this year, hopefully."
Counting on Glenn

Dallas WR Terry Glenn missed all but two games last season with a knee injury, but the Cowboys expect the 12-year veteran to be an effective compliment to Terrell Owens much like he was in 2006. "I think Terry Glenn is going to surprise a lot of you guys," Tony Romo said Thursday. More.

"It's a little deeper than (fundamentals)," Romo said, smiling. "It's good. I'll tell you guys about it later, once it comes to full fruition."

Maybe this secret project shows that Romo isn't letting his rising social status get in the way of his day job. Then again, that's a public-relations battle he's likely to face as long as he's an eligible bachelor and the starting quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Just because they see you when you go out of town on the weekends, (they) don't realize how much time and effort you have to put in here," Romo said. "I have always felt like if I slipped in my effort one year to the next I feel like I wouldn't improve or take the next step. We're up here five days a week. We come up here at night."

Coach Wade Phillips backed him up on that.

"It's amazing, I think, to be in his position," Phillips said. "He doesn't miss anything. He hasn't missed any of our offseason the two years I've been here. I think that's special. When your top players are there all the time, I think it helps get all the other players there."

Romo even skipped a pro-am golf tournament for organized team activities. Phillips joked that was because Romo didn't want a repeat of his performance at a recent U.S. Open qualifying event.

"I think he shot a 40 on the front nine of that other tournament so that kind of turned him toward football more," Phillips said, laughing.

So football really is hurting Romo's golf game?

"Definitely," Romo said. "But it's been like that for a full decade."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I plan on being able to handle pressure instead of collapsing like a house of cards whenever someone gets remotely close to me. I won't have one of the best offensive lines forever and I realize without these guys I pretty much suck. I know I need to work on this and I am taking the initiative. Plus it gives me an excuse to get away from Jessica's crazy *** molester father." - Tony Romo

OP
OP
H

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Tony Romo is working on some special things for next sea

"I plan on being able to handle pressure instead of collapsing like a house of cards whenever someone gets remotely close to me. I won't have one of the best offensive lines forever and I realize without these guys I pretty much suck. I know I need to work on this and I am taking the initiative. Plus it gives me an excuse to get away from Jessica's crazy *** molester father." - Tony Romo

LOL...I am still laughing Tromadz!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tony Romo: "I've been practicing how to hold for fieldgoals.........I do it right 7 out of 10 times now!"

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now thats funny i dont care who you are :D

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really can't stand Romo. I hope he is practicing golf so we won't have to see him much more in football.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All i know is........I hope we kick the Cowboys senseless this season!!!
They have to come here, and i hope we thrash them!!!
(Can you tell I have a strong dislike of the Cowboys???)

OP
OP
H

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always disliked the Cowboys myself, but now they have Romo, he does remind me a little of Favre and also he is from WI so that is so cool. Do I still want them to win, HEC NO!! GO PACK!!

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score

wow! THat is actually pretty funny :D

i agree, the only reason romo was so good last season was because of Flozell adams and the rest of the Oline.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Classic.

Let's see...

You have the best OL in the game. Don't argue with me. Argue with the people who voted for the Pro Bowl, including NFL coaches.

You have the 2nd best WR in the game.

You have a good running game.

You have Terry Glenn on the other side, who's no slouch.

And you still can't pull it off.

I would love to see Tony Romo with a bad OL and mediocre WRs and pedestrian RBs. Let's just see how good he really is.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

All i know is........I hope we kick the Cowboys senseless this season!!!
They have to come here, and i hope we thrash them!!!
(Can you tell I have a strong dislike of the Cowboys???)

You're not the only one, my friend.

My 2nd favorite team is whoever is playing the Cows.

Members online

Latest posts