Tony Mandarich

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy **** 12000-15000 Calories a day!

2000-3000 Is what most people are suppose to have in a day. That is insane.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy **** 12000-15000 Calories a day!

2000-3000 Is what most people are suppose to have in a day. That is insane.

Yeah, there was some other craziness in there too, like him and his buddy lifting weights so hard for so long that afterwards they couldn't walk for ten minutes. Um, is that healthy?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Vikesrule, you know you want to reply to this. :p (he said he was on a hiatus and would not be posting for a while) Surely a Mandarich thread could lure him out. :lol:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, Guns and Roses is NOT a Heavy Metal band. A good band, but not Heavy Metal. Just wanted to correct that article.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mandarich was a steroid jerk, it's really amazing how he failed miserably after being proclaimed the best OL prospect ever.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mandarich was a steroid jerk, it's really amazing how he failed miserably after being proclaimed the best OL prospect ever.

One thing Mandarich was good at was he manipulated the media. The media went crazy about his story, and was plastered with how Mandarich would be a one man wrecking crew in the NFL. I remember watching the draft and hoping we'd draft the guy. It was really sad that right after him, we had 3 Hall of Famers (Barry - perhaps the best RB EVER, Deion - perhaps the best coverage CB ever, and that guy on the Chiefs that was really good for all those years).

What a bust. Could you imagine if we had any of those other 3 players? We would have won more than one SB in the 90s. Very, very sad.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:

One thing Mandarich was good at was he manipulated the media. The media went crazy about his story, and was plastered with how Mandarich would be a one man wrecking crew in the NFL. I remember watching the draft and hoping we'd draft the guy. It was really sad that right after him, we had 3 Hall of Famers (Barry - perhaps the best RB EVER, Deion - perhaps the best coverage CB ever, and that guy on the Chiefs that was really good for all those years).

What a bust. Could you imagine if we had any of those other 3 players? We would have won more than one SB in the 90s. Very, very sad.

Mandarich was a bust. There is know doubt about that. As much as I would like to dog Packer Nation for that draft, I really cannot do it. He was a supposedly can't miss, the best ever.

I would say that the Vikings drafting Troy Williamson was a bigger mistake than the Packers drafting Mandarich. For this reason only. If the Vikings don't take Williamson nothing is said. If the Packer wouldn't have drafted Mandarich they would have been destroyed by all the so called experts. But, they would have been proven right in the end.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mandarich was a bust. There is know doubt about that. As much as I would like to dog Packer Nation for that draft, I really cannot do it. He was a supposedly can't miss, the best ever.

I would say that the Vikings drafting Troy Williamson was a bigger mistake than the Packers drafting Mandarich. For this reason only. If the Vikings don't take Williamson nothing is said. If the Packer wouldn't have drafted Mandarich they would have been destroyed by all the so called experts. But, they would have been proven right in the end.

Well, the reason Mandarich is such a huge bust was because of expectations. Everyone had expectations that he'd just be knocking DL men over all day long and the QB could light up a smoke, drink some coffee, then start looking for an open receiver when he's behind Mandarich.

He was the biggest OL hype ever at the time. Williamson didn't have a fraction of the hype Mandarich did.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the Mandarich pick was not a bad one at all. It was the same thing when the Detroit Pistons drafted Darko Milicic in 2004 instead of Carmelo Anthony or Dwayne Wade. Most GM's, including Denver's, would have picked Milicic as well if they were picking second. Sometimes good prospects just don't pan out.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mandarich brought most of the stuff on himself with the bad attitude. Had he been able to back it up with stellar play, it would have been allowed. But when you roar like a lion, and play like a ***** cat, you open yourself for all kinds of smackdown.
I'm glad he finally got his life straightened out.

Oh......i can't help but wonder if the "roids" caused his bad attitude.

Members online

Latest posts