Tony Gonzalez

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he could just be saying that to use it as a bargaining chip with KC so he gets more jaaaaaaaack.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that he wanted to go elsewhere back in October. I think if KC franchises him he's going to be an interesting story to watch. Probably won't attend any off season programs for KC.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i keep hearing that KC will slap the Franchise Tag on him, keeping him a Chief...
They might do that......but he might not give 100% if they do so. Or maybe he'd play a game, and get "hurt". There are ways around it if he wants to play dirty. I'm not condoning that, but you never know what a guy might do.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Chiefs | Gonzalez signs extension
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:42:57 -0800

The Kansas City Chiefs announced Friday, Jan. 12, they have agreed in principle with TE Tony Gonzalez on a five-year contract extension. Financial terms of the deal were not announced.

Chiefs | Gonzalez contract update
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:59:04 -0800

Updating a previous item, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez's new contract is expected to include $16 million in bonus money and average more than $6 million per year. The lone sticking point left is the structure of the deal and how much of the money is back-loaded and how much is put into the first three years of the contract. Gonzalez has until 4 p.m. EST Friday, Jan. 12, to send in a letter to the league voiding his contract in order to become an unrestricted free agent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts