Tony Gonzalez

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a free agent and I know he is old, 38 and it would go completely against TT MO but then again he did try and trade a draft pick for him a few years back. But he was very productive last season catching 83 balls for 859 yards a 10.3 yard average and 8 touchdowns. I would rather have jermichael Finley but since he's poised to sign with Seattle, gonzalzez seems like a decent backup plan plus he will be much cheaper likely to accept a 1 year 3 million dollar offer to win the championship he so desperately covets.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not a free agent. He's a retired football player and analyst for CBS sports.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope he hasn't filed retirement papers yet and he was just released by the Falcons today.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So yeah sounds like if the Packers or another serious contender came calling he might be willing to play. That job at CBS will be there next year a chance at a Super Bowl will not.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So yeah sounds like if the Packers or another serious contender came calling he might be willing to play. That job at CBS will be there next year a chance at a Super Bowl will not.
Agree--I live in the ATL--I would suggest that he could be lured. Problem is that TT just doesn't think that way.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Really, do you think TT would pay an HOF tightend more than CBS? Personally, I think it would great--Remember Wolf/Jackson? He would help the team as a player and a leader for a year or two.

However, TT wouldn't consider it. Draft/Develop 24/7.

I actually think TT would go for Tony, he tried trading for him when he was with the Chiefs still..

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think TT would go for Tony, he tried trading for him when he was with the Chiefs still..
TT would consider Gonzo, if he could convince him that TT is passionate about taking advantage of his HOF QB and winning a championship with help from seasoned veterans that want a ring. Unfortunately, TT, unlike Ron Wolf, has no interest in this type of discussion and can not get player like Reggie White, Sean Jones, Santana Dotson, etc, to motivate older yet productive players to offset the $$$ with a chance for ring. FA's know what motivates Ted.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is the next thread going to be about jeff saturday?
No TT got painted into a box because he wouldn't sign Wells. Same if he doesn't sign EDS. It's about having productive players that can still contribute if they are motivated because they don't have a ring. Take a look at the Gonzalez statistics from last year. You are ill informed.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No TT got painted into a box because he wouldn't sign Wells. Same if he doesn't sign EDS. It's about having productive players that can still contribute if they are motivated because they don't have a ring. Take a look at the Gonzalez statistics from last year. You are ill informed.

And you live in dream land where you believe the solution for the team is to sign every name you have ever heard of.

God forbid the team already has a center they like.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you live in dream land where you believe the solution for the team is to sign every name you have ever heard of.

God forbid the team already has a center they like.
Really ivo610. Tony Gonzalez had a season last year that likely no TE in Packer history has had. Note:

Receptions--83
Yards--859
TD's--8

Apology accepted. Stick to the facts and steer clear of personal attacks.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really ivo610. Tony Gonzalez had a season last year that likely no TE in Packer history has had. Note:

Receptions--83
Yards--859
TD's--8

Apology accepted. Stick to the facts and steer clear of personal attacks.

You are arguing with yourself, I know youre brand new here but I have frequently said hes the best TE of all time.

Where did I say something negative about his performance? I didnt. youre just angry bc I laugh at all the posts of every name FA that popped up today. Sorry, been around long enough to know how the 1st day of FA goes.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how every fan base has a reason why players want to play there. For jets fans its the city. For giants fans its the coach. For dolphin fans its the weather. For the Panthers fans its the young up n coming team. For Seattle, denver, NO, SF, GB, ect its the chance to win a title. Every fan base has a reason in their heads.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are arguing with yourself, I know youre brand new here but I have frequently said hes the best TE of all time.

Where did I say something negative about his performance? I didnt. youre just angry bc I laugh at all the posts of every name FA that popped up today. Sorry, been around long enough to know how the 1st day of FA goes.
Got what motivates you. Opinion, no facts. Have another brewski!

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how every fan base has a reason why players want to play there. For jets fans its the city. For giants fans its the coach. For dolphin fans its the weather. For the Panthers fans its the young up n coming team. For Seattle, denver, NO, SF, GB, ect its the chance to win a title. Every fan base has a reason in their heads.
Burp.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ring...... ring...... ring.......

Hello.

Hey Brett, this is Tony

Hey man, how ya doing?

Good, I have a question for you.

Yeah man, shoot...

How do you do this whole retire, un-retire game thing?

F -U Tony

Click..........

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice kills two birds with one stone we cut Jarrett Bush finally and get a TE

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How's that deal working out for STL?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Really, do you think TT would pay an HOF tightend more than CBS? Personally, I think it would great--Remember Wolf/Jackson? He would help the team as a player and a leader for a year or two.

However, TT wouldn't consider it. Draft/Develop 24/7.

How much is Tony getting at CBS?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You miss the point. Is TT going to take Rodgers guidance and sign EDS?

No I get what you meant I'm just saying just an example of TT not overpaying for a guy that another team will and it not working out.

Aaron has been a huge supporter of EDS and I hope he is back to be perfectly honest. Depends on the price though. It would be nice to have the entire line back because I think with Bulaga replacing Barclay this could be a really good unit. We'll see

Members online

Latest posts