Tom Brady receives 49 of 50 votes for MVP...

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But Favre received the lone 50th vote! Yay!

Brady deserved the MVP, hands down. But it's cool to know that Favre came in... erm... second. But hey, only two guys in the NFL can say they received a vote for MVP. Brady (with 49) and Favre (with 1).

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more reason to dislike the Patriots. I hope the Colts smoke them and they never make the superbowl.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy.

It's going to be funny as hell when the Colts whip their ***** and they don't make it to the SB..!! :lol: :wink:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Tom Brady was a good choice for MVP because he did have a great season. I'm just going to throw this out there as a point of argument, could Tom Brady have done with the Green Bay Packers what he did with the Pats? I don't think so. On the other hand I think Brett Favre could have done with the Pats what Brady did. My choice for MVP is Favre based on that bit of logic.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Madden has toned his act down quite a bit the last couple of years. I think he heard the criticism and he didn't like the act by Caliendo. He's tolerable now, 2 years ago I'd have said I was tired of Madden just like I'm tired of Brady/Pats now. Cheaters.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...just like I'm tired of Brady/Pats now. Cheaters.

It's funny. I remember back when Favre admitted to abusing painkillers, everyone at school use to tell me he was a cheater, and that he should give back the MVP, and that if they got to the Super Bowl and won it would be because he cheated and was all doped up. I heard it everywhere I went.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Hammer said:

It's funny. I remember back when Favre admitted to abusing painkillers, everyone at school use to tell me he was a cheater, and that he should give back the MVP, and that if they got to the Super Bowl and won it would be because he cheated and was all doped up. I heard it everywhere I went.

Wow... never knew people took that view, that's just asinine. First of all, Brett was using a legal drug, a lot of people take drugs to kill pain... Brett just abused them. Second of all, how would they help his play? It's not like they're steroids that pump you up and make you stronger. But whatever. I just see NE as guys who got caught red handed, using a device to steal the other teams plays to their advantage.

I'm going to steal a quote from Lewis Black (not word for word, but I try and do my best to reiterate)

"There is one thing that we as people have to learn, and that is to look at something and agree on what obviously happened. We don't look at a video of a car running over a cat and someone saying 'The cat was trying to commit suicide' I'll give you 3 days to find the letter they left and then we'll talk" :p :p :p :p

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
Hammer said:

Wow... never knew people took that view, that's just asinine. First of all, Brett was using a legal drug, a lot of people take drugs to kill pain... Brett just abused them. Second of all, how would they help his play? It's not like they're steroids that pump you up and make you stronger. But whatever. I just see NE as guys who got caught red handed, using a device to steal the other teams plays to their advantage.

I'm going to steal a quote from Lewis Black (not word for word, but I try and do my best to reiterate)

"There is one thing that we as people have to learn, and that is to look at something and agree on what obviously happened. We don't look at a video of a car running over a cat and someone saying 'The cat was trying to commit suicide' I'll give you 3 days to find the letter they left and then we'll talk" :p :p :p :p

Yeah, I heard it constantly. Every little bit of info people could use to make fun of me because of the Packers, they'd use. I got punched in the stomach and thrown into a locker the week after they won the Super Bowl, because I wore my Favre jersey and my Packer Starter jacket to school. I was one of maybe two or three Packers fans at my school, and I was the only one who wore Packers stuff and was proud of my team. So the whole Favre/painkiller thing was the subject of many insults.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my god man! I live in Bear country and I wear my gear everywhere I go, but I've never been subject to any sort of abuse like that!

Maybe its because I'm a girl, but I know a lot of guys in my school who are Pack fans too and are proud of it, show their colors. We get a lot of lip, but that's about it.

To go through that much pain for your team, hats off to you! That's what I call dedication!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was usually the same group of people, so I knew when and how to avoid them most of the time, Haha! It was just the usual amount of crap most teenagers have to endure, it's just that they based most of it off the fact that I was a Packers fan. It's not like I went to war for the Pack or something! Haha! More Packer fans came out of the woodwork after the Super Bowl, and especially when they went back to the SB the next season. Of course, when they lost it was like a mass exodus.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was usually the same group of people, so I knew when and how to avoid them most of the time, Haha! It was just the usual amount of crap most teenagers have to endure, it's just that they based most of it off the fact that I was a Packers fan. It's not like I went to war for the Pack or something! Haha! More Packer fans came out of the woodwork after the Super Bowl, and especially when they went back to the SB the next season. Of course, when they lost it was like a mass exodus.

Of course, that's how it works with every team, how many people jumped off the bandwagon over the last 3 years and WOAH suddenly all back in the saddle again :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:

Of course, that's how it works with every team, how many people jumped off the bandwagon over the last 3 years and WOAH suddenly all back in the saddle again :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Some teams more than others. I'm in the San Francisco area right now and I'm seeing just as many Packers jerseys as Niner jerseys. When the Niners were good in the 80s and up to the mid-90s, Niner jerseys were everywhere.

Packer fans are extremely loyal. Sure we have our fairweather fans, but percentage wise, much less than most teams.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
nathaniel said:

Some teams more than others. I'm in the San Francisco area right now and I'm seeing just as many Packers jerseys as Niner jerseys. When the Niners were good in the 80s and up to the mid-90s, Niner jerseys were everywhere.

Packer fans are extremely loyal. Sure we have our fairweather fans, but percentage wise, much less than most teams.

Oh definitely, Packer fans are a special group, we have many many many loyal fans, hell we've sold out every game at Lambeau practically since the place has been called "Lambeau Field"! But, of course, just like every other team, we have a great number of fair weather fans jumping on our bandwagon

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get discriminated even if I often wear my Favre and Barnett jerseys. Actually many people ask me what teams clothes, and of what sports they are.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
How unfair is that? Brady has the best reciver in the league if Favre had moss would we be 16-0 and would Favre be MVP?

So did Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter, and Dante Culpepper-but none of those guys won an MVP.

It doesn't matter who ya throw 'em to, when you break the record for TD passes by hitting the half a century mark, you're guaranteed the MVP. :)

Holzberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree by far that Brady is an MVP.

How many of the offensive players are on the pro bowl team for the Patriots?! Take note of the number of offensive linemen.

If they had announces the entire Patriots offense as MVP then fine, but no way can you single out just one person.

Look what Brett did with the Packers. Until I have seen proof, I don't think Brady, P. Manning or any other QB could come in and do what Brett has done. Now, if you reverse it, I believe that Favre or P. Manning could do the same with the Patriots offense as Tom Brady has.

I look at an MVP as the one person that makes the biggest difference for their team over all teams. Tom Brady is not this player to me. I believe even P. Manning means more to his team than Tom Brady.

MVP should have been Brett Favre.

Members online

Latest posts