Tom Brady is no Brett Favre

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we know without a doubt, the Giants are for real. They're the best team in the NFL. Sure, they had a 11-5 record in the regular season, but what really matters is that they're 4-0 in the post-season. Congratulations Giants, and hats off to Coughlin, who is the proven master at minimizing top tier Os.

Tom Brady has proven that he's no Brett Favre. The Favre bashers who came and went now look silly. At the end of the day, the only thing that really matters is Points For, and Points Against. Favre threw for 2 TDs and helped get us 20 points on a day when the running game did absolutely nothing, getting only 28 yards, and under really tough conditions for passing. I don't blame our WRs for any drops, I know what it's like to catch balls in that weather and I'm sure most of you do too.

Favre had the same pressure Brady had. He dealt with it better though. Brady can't handle pressure like Favre can, and the SB proved that. You beat Brady by hitting him. No QB likes to take hits, but Favre handles pressure much better than Brady does.

Brady lost his cool. The yelling at Wes Welker was completely uncalled for. No, you jerk, Welker ran the right route and he was wide open. It's your fault you overthrew him. If anything, you should yell at yourself, not the player of the game for the Patriots.

If anything, it wasn't an offensive failure that kept us from representing the NFC in the SB, it was our D allowed 23 points. Let's not forget their Kicker missed 2 field goals too.

So congratulations again to the Giants. In the offseason, expect TT to add depth to our D. Don't be surprised if he picks up a Defensive playmaker. TT knows we're right at that door to win the Super Bowl. We're the 3rd best team in the NFL. The time is now. 2007 was a fun year to be a Packer fan. 2008 will be even better. I can't wait! :cool:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z

Very cool.

Giants did win and they proved what you and I have known. Packers are better than the Patriots and Favre is better than Brady.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post. I think Brady was semi-exposed. Favre def. handled the pressure better than Romo or Brady IMO.

Though I think Favre shares in the blame as well because the cold did seem to bother him. 25% Favre, 25% Running Game, 50% Defense giving up big drives and not being able to get off the field.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post. I think Brady was semi-exposed. Favre def. handled the pressure better than Romo or Brady IMO.

Though I think Favre shares in the blame as well because the cold did seem to bother him. 25% Favre, 25% Running Game, 50% Defense giving up big drives and not being able to get off the field.

Oh, no doubt. Favre wasn't perfect and did a few crucial mistakes. My point is that he proved he was better than Brady against the Giants. he produced better results. In the end, it's all about the PF vs PA.

Favre handled the pressure better and didn't yell at his best player (Driver). It's a shame we lost, but I'm glad the Giants went on and ruined the Pats' perfect season. Now, I think we're one player or one scheme adjustment away from winning the SB in '08. I think '07 Packers = '95 Packers.

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think brady is better than favre ever was. brett was great, but I think brady, peyton, elway, steve young, joe montana were all much better

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think brady is better than favre ever was. brett was great, but I think brady, peyton, elway, steve young, joe montana were all much better

Interesting. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I'm just wondering why you would say each of those guys is better than Favre?

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know people would want my head for that comment on this board, but that is just what I think. If favre would of retired sooner maybe I would of thought different

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know people would want my head for that comment on this board, but that is just what I think. If favre would of retired sooner maybe I would of thought different

I don't really want your head for that comment, haha. A lot of people feel the way you do. I was just curious as to why. But I can see how hte last two season before this one might have soured you in terms of Favre's place in history. Fair enough.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I honestly think the Giants put more pressure on Brady then they did on Favre.

As weird as it sounds, I think our offensive line pass blocked better then the Patriots.

Maybe that was because they lost their starting guard in the SB, the cold at Lambeau, or they just blitzed more, but either way, I think our line played better against the giants.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Favre is greater then Peyton manning and Tom Brady, Favre stands right there with the best of them meaning Elway, Young, Montana and others.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JoshTheChild said:

I think Favre is greater then Peyton manning and Tom Brady, Favre stands right there with the best of them meaning Elway, Young, Montana and others.

I'd take Favre over P Manning or Brady or Elway. I don't see why people say Favre chokes in big games then go on to say they think Elway is better. Elway is one of the worst SB QBs EVER. That's right - EVER. I think people have short memories.

Now Montana and Young, one can argue are better than Favre. I'll accept that. It's their opinion. They just happen to be wrong, but everyone's entitled to their opinion.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO WAY is Elway better than Favre. Look at Elway's stats in the super bowl we played against him. HORRIBLE. It took him how many tries just to win one?

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow.... what the hell? Are you insane? Did you not just see Super Tom crumble under the bright green kryptonite known as a good defense? Joe Montana, sure. Steve Young... eh, maybe. Elway? Pushin' it... Brady has time to prove himself, but he's not on the same level as Favre... and Peyton?! Get the hell outta here... Peyton is THE choke artist. The Colts have the 2nd best record out of any team over the past 5 years (63-7 incase you were wondering). Right behind the Patriots (66-4) and they've only seen the big show once?! COME ON. This is a ridiculous claim.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of choke artists, someone please look up the stats for Elway in SBs. Even when we lost, we lost because of their running game. Favre smoked Elway in that game.

In the Playoffs, I wouldn't want Elway on my team. I like to win. I don't like losing. Give me Brett Favre, Joe Montana, or Steve Young. Terry Bradshaw had too much help.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Great post Zombie! I agree with everything you said, and you know what? All hats off to the Giants! To do what they did in the post season, go on the road in all 3 playoff games as underdogs and win each game including at Lambeau Field (which is unheard of), to then go to the Super Bowl and beat the most media pampered team in all of football history in the "Perfect" New England Patriots deserves massive amounts of respect from my part. No one ever thought that they'd be upsetting the once potential "Greatest team to ever play the game". You guys deserve to be the Champs, congratulations!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost always agree with Zombie, but that initial post lost me with the assertion that Favre had the same pressure Brady had. No, the Packers' pass blocking was actually pretty good in that game. The problem was the receivers were not getting open, and the wind and cold made it harder to throw the ball accurately. The Giants had nowhere near as big a pass rush against the Packers as they did against the Patriots.

Neither Favre nor Brady is much to blame for the losses to the Giants. They are both fantastic QB's, among the best ever. Why is it so hard for people to accept that? You could make a case for at least 8 or 10 QB's as the best ever. But to pretend that any one of them is head and shoulders above the rest is not realistic, in my opinion.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not the same games and they are not on the same team so it is silly to compare like this. Yes you can compare an entire body of work, but individual games are not equal.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. The Patriots O line was supposed to be the best in the NFL. I actually think we contained the pass rush better than the Pats did. Sure, the conditions helped, but only a little.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I almost always agree with Zombie, but that initial post lost me with the assertion that Favre had the same pressure Brady had. No, the Packers' pass blocking was actually pretty good in that game. The problem was the receivers were not getting open, and the wind and cold made it harder to throw the ball accurately. The Giants had nowhere near as big a pass rush against the Packers as they did against the Patriots.

Neither Favre nor Brady is much to blame for the losses to the Giants. They are both fantastic QB's, among the best ever. Why is it so hard for people to accept that? You could make a case for at least 8 or 10 QB's as the best ever. But to pretend that any one of them is head and shoulders above the rest is not realistic, in my opinion.

Thank you. Some of the fans on this site (after bad games by Brady and Manning) are no better than the fans of other teams who rip on Brett and say he's washed up after he throws a bunch of picks. One game doesn't take away from a career, and IMO Brady will still finish his career as one of the best ever.

The only similarity Brett and Tom saw from the Giants was the names on the back of the white jerseys. We didn't see anywhere near the amount of heat the Patriots saw last night. Brady was hit almost every time he dropped back. To say Favre faced the same thing as him is silly. The Giant defensive line played one of great games of all time last night, and you can't fault Brady for that. No quarterback in the world can perform under that kind of pressure.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Greg C. said:

Thank you. Some of the fans on this site (after bad games by Brady and Manning) are no better than the fans of other teams who rip on Brett and say he's washed up after he throws a bunch of picks. One game doesn't take away from a career, and IMO Brady will still finish his career as one of the best ever.

The only similarity Brett and Tom saw from the Giants was the names on the back of the white jerseys. We didn't see anywhere near the amount of heat the Patriots saw last night. Brady was hit almost every time he dropped back. To say Favre faced the same thing as him is silly. The Giant defensive line played one of great games of all time last night, and you can't fault Brady for that. No quarterback in the world can perform under that kind of pressure.

So our Oline is pretty good?

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Greg C. said:

So our Oline is pretty good?

On that particular day they played pretty decently, since Tuck and co. weren't living in our backfield and hitting Favre every other dropback.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say Favre and Brady are the two best QBs in the history of the game, but Brady is better, no question about that.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Payton is better than Brady. I also think Palmer and Favre are better than Brady. As much as I dislike Romo I believe he is even better than Brady. JMO though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts