Tolzien named starter vs Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Original
if you were head coach, you'd you rather prefer starting to the next several games? Right now I perfer Tolzien over Wallace, even though he mad a few mistakes, he unlike Wallace did energize the offense I don't know who much reps he may have had during the week, but coming in and going 24/39, 280 yrds is pretty good, with a weeks worth of practice I'd have more confidence in him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9956206/scott-tolzien-green-bay-packers-qb-injured-seneca-wallace

Tolzien completed 24 of 39 passes for 280 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions in Green Bay's loss. After the game, coach Mike McCarthy said Tolzien would start at quarterback next Sunday against the New York Giants.

Last edited:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tolzien showed me more being thrown into a bad situation than Wallace. He has a strong arm. I think he has upside whereas Wallace has none.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to Tebow at this point. Nobody in/out of the league is Rodgers. At least he's led a team to the playoffs. Wallace is bad. Tolzien isn't going to go 2-1 against the Giants, Vikings and Lions.

As to the QB questions, Tolzien. No doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Lets hope Tolzien doesnt get hurt on the damn opening drive next week. A gust of Wind could render his services inoperable.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tolzien settled the backup QB question. He belongs. He ran the offense pretty effectively with almost zero preparation. He should play very well next week with full prep.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Tolzien settled the backup QB question. He belongs. He ran the offense very effectively with almost zero preparation. He should play well next week with full prep.
We`ve just got to hope the defense decide to try and prepare too ! Those that are fit of course.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
McCarthy just referred to a "recurring issue" that needs to be addressed ....

OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tolzien reminded me of a younger Aaron Rodgers (even tho Rodgers is only 30;)) but with more work he'd be just fine, he'll learn not to force the ball, the second int was all on him the first not so much. Accuracy something to work one, three passes were a bit off. But we need the D to actually take a stand and do something.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He had 3 passes batted which indicates that he's doing what young QBs do .... eyeballing their target. Common mistake of a young QB with little to no playing time

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How can this be a discussion based solely on 3 passes by Wallace?

We have no clue how he wold have done, but he did appear to throw good balls..

I am pretty confident in saying he wouldnt have been so careless with the ball as Scott was

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You are looking at it the wrong way, it has more to do with the defense is not going to go 2-1 vs. those teams. The defense is and has been the problem for the past 3 years. The defense is horrible and has been since the 2010. Our defensive backs are just flat out horrible. The Eagles scored 14 points on passes that should never have been completed.

As to the QB questions, Tolzien. No doubt.

Lets leave this about the q.b

Start another thread on the defense

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tolzien is getting a pass because he's a Wisconsin guy. Not being a Badger fan, I don't have any bias toward Wisconsin players, so I don't see what's so great about him. The fact of the matter is, he led the team to only 13 points (though you could argue about missed FGs). He threw 2 picks and nearly threw a few more. And most of his completions were just great catches by the receivers.

That being said, Wallace didn't inspire any confidence in me either. His reaction to a blitz is always run backwards 10 yards, then hope to scramble away. That only works in the Madden games, not in the actual NFL. His 5-for-5 was misleading because every pass was extremely short. He refuses to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield.

I would prefer the Packers try to sign some sort of free agent with some real experience. I guess Wallace counts, but he's done nothing but lose his whole career. The Packers won't do it, either because they're too stubborn or they have a good hunch that Rodgers' injury is going to be season-ending (in which case they figure the season is over anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts