Today's game - 4pm - at Philly

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since this is a late game - the Judge downstairs, will be working over time - they've had all day to drink it up.....

Here's the read - and I've taken the Pack on this game.... I-NFL

Green Bay Packers (2-8) at Philadelphia Eagles (4-6)

Sunday, 4:15 p.m. ET, Fox

Surface: Grass. Sheridan's line: Eagles by 4½.

Keys to the game: It doesn't matter who, but Packers QB Brett Favre needs someone to lead the running game after Green Bay mustered 21 yards on the ground Monday. Favre wants to attack Eagles CB Rod Hood, who replaces injured Lito Sheppard, but he needs an effective running game to prevent Philadelphia from blitzing his shaky offensive line. Offensively, the Eagles want to get RB Brian Westbrook untracked early to ease the pressure on QB Mike McMahon in his second start.

Fast facts: Packers: Hope to avoid clinching their first losing season in 13 years. Eagles: RB Brian Westbrook averages 5 yards a carry at home.

TV announcers: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver.

Injuries: Packers: Out: CB Jason Horton (shoulder). Doubtful: DT Corey Williams (calf). Questionable: CB Michael Hawkins (ankle), LB Robert Thomas (quadriceps). Eagles: Doubtful: G Artis Hicks (knee), T Tra Thomas (back). Questionable: G Shawn Andrews (shoulder), WR Greg Lewis (elbow). Probable: K David Akers (right hamstring), RB Lamar Gordon (ankle), CB Roderick Hood (heel), DE Ndukwe Kalu (shoulder), TE Chad Lewis (foot), TE Stephen Spach (foot), LB Jeremiah Trotter (knee).

The only real stinker for this game - is we get Joe Buck over Bill Maas to do the play calls.... I seriously don't know which is worse..... Joe Buck shoulda never been allowed outta the baseball park, ..ever....

Opinions?

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Aikman has made the transition to anouncer very well. He is very un-bias when calling a game. As far as the combo goes, there are worse, especially on CBS where AFC teams only matter to them. Summerall was the worst(his disdain for the Packers really showed).

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said this before and it may be slightly off topic; however, I'm gonna say it again - NOBODY IS WORSE THAN BILL WALTON CALLING AN NBA GAME - NOBODY!!!!

Could you imagine listening to a game called by John Madden and Bill Walton together??? It would drive fans right out of the sport forever!

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An incredibly disappointing game. Bonamego should be fired.
Special Teams let the whole team down. It should have been William Henderson running the ball back..... 20/20 hindsight all damn day long.

Once again - the Packers had this game - and threw it away.
Did any of you see Brett's face? My god, I thought he was gonna tear some player's fool head off. Especially number 81. 81 is fired at season's end - count on it. The Packers made some fool mistakes, but so did the Eagles. Hard to believe the Packers made Mike McMahon look like a veteran out there today - real sad.

Geeesh - I thought Jim Bates was gonna come right outta his socks.. and Sherman (of all people) was trying to calm him down --- as if. He shoulda been chest-buttin' him. In total agreement. I woulda tore that Defensive players head off, myself. Total stupidity out there.... a tremendous lack of focus for the ball and the game. Especially Samkon Gado. New motto for all sign carriers at Lambeau Field -----

Gado hang onto da ball!
Gado have a a prayer....?
Gado hang onto da ball!
Gado have faith.............?
Gado hang onto da ball!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
vikefan said:
Who's Gado? Did he play last Monday?

Doh - never mind --- you got enuf to worry about - lettin' da Bears win the Division...

Yikes... on that one, der...eh?
Hee Hee! Ya, da Bears have it, barring a miracle. At least we're competitive again.

I just don't want Tice here next year.

Tough luck at Philly, but I'm cheering you guys on next week!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I've said this before and it may be slightly off topic; however, I'm gonna say it again - NOBODY IS WORSE THAN BILL WALTON CALLING AN NBA GAME - NOBODY!!!!

Agreed. I have never seen a person change his stance on a topic so often or so quickly. One minute he'll be bragging how good one team is after they score, the next minute he'll say how bad they are if they miss a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts