To us Steelers Fans

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember what it is like when idiots from Cleveland and Cinci come into our sites and start stirring up crap?

We're guests on someone else's home forums. This is Steelers nation we represent... and to what is probably the only other other fanbase that can really understand the intensity, how entwined the team and the city are, and the pride of winning.

These guys have shown quite a bit of grace (outside of one or two).

Let's represent well.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Nice post Preacher, appreciated! I think emotions are running high on both sides right now. Yeah, lets remember we (Packers and Steelers) have the classiest franchises in the NFL. We can communicate without resorting to smack talk and name calling! Well, most of us.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember what it is like when idiots from Cleveland and Cinci come into our sites and start stirring up crap?

We're guests on someone else's home forums. This is Steelers nation we represent... and to what is probably the only other other fanbase that can really understand the intensity, how entwined the team and the city are, and the pride of winning.

Let's represent well.

I would say the obnoxious behavior has come from more than just 1 or 2, but I agree with your sentiment. A lot of us are just here to celebrate being in the SB with a team and fanbase we actually like, not to argue or talk smack. Those that aren't should really either reserve their comments for the smack forum or sit on their hands.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let's represent well.
Packers fans, take a page out of this man's book.

VERY well written, sir. I'm a firm believer in forum etiquete. Like you said, you are at our house. So, be polite, introduce yourself before posting, and respect the forum.

EVERYBODY likes a good smack talk. But there's a place for it. I'm being a bit hypocritical because I've been guilty of not respecting that rule, but I try to follow it.

And let's stop with the **** talk. Yes, a little humor doesn't kill anyone, but, as for the smack talk, there's a very specific place for it, and a very specific way to make it.

Oh, and I think we all agree that the Cowboys suck!!!!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Gotta love that either GB or PITT will hoist a Lombardi in Cowboy Stadium. The irony is too much.

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree!I noticed a more warm welcome to pack fans @ Steelerfever for some reason.Yes even the ones who came in agressive!This is going to be a great game and when the dust settles,ut most respect will be restored.Or will this be the start of a cross division rivalry,like we had with the cowgirls????

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TY for posting this..

but just know this..If smack is started it will be tossed back

but if respect is made in a post and someone disses you, report the post ( red triangle) above joined date and a mod will handle it

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been here for three years now. Check my join date. This is the first time in three years I've heard any Packer fans talk smack about my Steelers. It's the Super Bowl. We are playing them. Such is the beast. Some folks have to demonize their opponents to get in the spirit of things. I get it. It's nothing personal. If the Steelers did not exist, I'd be a Packers fan. No question about it.

Two best franchises meeting up in the Super Bowl.
Okay, now everyone show me their War faces!

:D

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is definitely a refreshing thread to read, Preacher, thanks...I'll definitely admit I've retaliated (not instigated) to some posts that I didn't agree with it, but I have a hard time reading posts that don't make sense...so I'm sorry if I've been disrespectful...I love my team and I don't see this game being anything short of great...probably coming down to the last play of the game...I'd rather it not be a nail-biter

chucktownsteeler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think as Steeler fans we do try to set a good example and be well behaved, as we are guests in this arena. I will go on the record as saying I am pulling for a Steelers win, but IMHO the Packers are a great run organization as well. To me they are built to replicate the Steelers as close as possible, with at least four (4) of their coaches having Pittsburgh ties: McCarthy, Greene, Capers, and Perry. There could be more, I am not sure.

This will be the first time in Super Bowl history both teams have a base 3-4 defense. Both defenses bend but do not break. The offenses of both teams can have 80 yards drives when need be and can also strike from anywhere on the field. These teams are as evenly matched talent wise as any I have seen in a Super Bowl, but I think 2-things seperate them. They are:

1.) The Packers have a great team but lack the "Big Game" experiance. This is not meant as a slight or insult to the Pack, simply saying our third SB in 6 years is a huge advantage.

2.) The turf at Cowboys field is fast and will help our defense tremendously (playing most of the year at Heintz Field detratcts from our defense's speed). The fast track will also be a bi advantage to our "Young Money" trio of receivers. They are fast, run great routes, and very good in space.

Overall, the best 2 teams reached the big dance and I think it will be a great Super Bowl:

Steelers 36

Packers 17

ChucktownSteeler

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Title Town vs. City of Champions ... that's as great as you can get. I know I have great respect for the Packer organization and especially the Packer fans. I've traveled to many an opponent sites and this one is by far the best regarding classy posters. Every fanbase has a few fans that get out of line and there are times when a poster just doesn't like what someone says and lashes out. No big deal in my book.

I've enjoyed my short time here and hope I have not offended anyone. If I have it was not my intention and I apologize. Now let's hoist one for a great game on Sunday and no injuries to the players.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think as Steeler fans we do try to set a good example and be well behaved, as we are guests in this arena. I will go on the record as saying I am pulling for a Steelers win, but IMHO the Packers are a great run organization as well. To me they are built to replicate the Steelers as close as possible, with at least four (4) of their coaches having Pittsburgh ties: McCarthy, Greene, Capers, and Perry. There could be more, I am not sure.

This will be the first time in Super Bowl history both teams have a base 3-4 defense. Both defenses bend but do not break. The offenses of both teams can have 80 yards drives when need be and can also strike from anywhere on the field. These teams are as evenly matched talent wise as any I have seen in a Super Bowl, but I think 2-things seperate them. They are:

1.) The Packers have a great team but lack the "Big Game" experiance. This is not meant as a slight or insult to the Pack, simply saying our third SB in 6 years is a huge advantage.

2.) The turf at Cowboys field is fast and will help our defense tremendously (playing most of the year at Heintz Field detratcts from our defense's speed). The fast track will also be a bi advantage to our "Young Money" trio of receivers. They are fast, run great routes, and very good in space.

Overall, the best 2 teams reached the big dance and I think it will be a great Super Bowl:

Steelers 36

Packers 17

ChucktownSteeler

Not being to sound disrespectful ChuckTown, but our "Young Money" receivers aren't too shabby, either. If you stop 1 and 2 (Greg Jennings and Donald Driver), 3, 4, or 5 (James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Brett Swain) could "bite you". The are all great route runners with soft hands.

Also, the game will be a lot closer than you predict:

GB 24
Pitt 21

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see the cross division rivalry already starting...

The shootout game last season..

The Super Bowl..

Next year's repeat of Pitt vs GB ;-)

When do we play the NFC North next?

Could be a good one...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Steelers 36

Packers 17

ChucktownSteeler
You think that the turf being faster will help YOU?

We heard the same thing against the Eagles. It helped US.

Rodgers is GREAT playing indoors. In 12 career dome games, including the playoffs, Rodgers has a 111.5 passer rating and a 68.6 completion percentage and has averaged 286.2 yards a game. He has also racked up 31 touchdowns (six rushing) to only six interceptions.

Read more: Dome sweet dome: Rodgers is great indoors - NFL - Sporting News

So, playing indoors should be an advantage to us, not to you actually... IMHO it's the reason we're favorites by -1.5 as of now.

OP
OP
Preacher

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said the exact same thing in a Raven's forum before that game that I am going to say here:

If anyone here (Packer or Steeler fan alike) thinks that this game will be won before 3 minutes are left on the clock, you are fooling yourselves.

IMO, the team with the last possession will have the chance to win the game.

I'm going to need a freaken pace-maker and some nitroglycerin after this game.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said the exact same thing in a Raven's forum before that game that I am going to say here:

If anyone here (Packer or Steeler fan alike) thinks that this game will be won before 3 minutes are left on the clock, you are fooling yourselves.

IMO, the team with the last possession will have the chance to win the game.

I'm going to be watching this game w/ friends and I'm the ONLY PACKERS fan among them...so it's going to be kinda rough in a sense to feel that Packer Love, but I will also be going through a lot...that's what I'm anticipating, I will be going ape--it!~

Members online

Latest posts