To all the "experts" that picked the eagles to win today...

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is always a need for good bus drivers :lol:
Seriously though, when you try to pick a game, look a little bit more at whats going on with the team not just what they have on paper. I understand that it wasn't a landslide victory and that it could have gone either way, but when every single "expert" is wrong...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep

All of the pregame fox guys got it wrong, and countless others.

2007 Green Bay Packers are mean...and want to win more than the other guys!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we have to give some credit here to good old Peter King, who picked the Packers to win by three. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I just watched the FOX crew comment on the game in their OT show, and they all said how impressed they were with Green Bay's win, especially the play of their defense.

OP
OP
V

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now after all the negative talk we heard before about the pack this year, we will hear everybody saying" I said it before watch out for the packers this year, I knew they were going to be good"

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am just happy we won and that i got to watch the game. i might even watch the game next week.

i hope to see a better game on o next week.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who really cares what the experts say, honestly? You guys take way too much offense to their opinions. They're just picking a game, who gives a **** if they got it wrong

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who really cares what the experts say, honestly? You guys take way too much offense to their opinions. They're just picking a game, who gives a **** if they got it wrong
I myself don't care one bit about the "experts". But it IS extra fun when they are SOOOOOOOOO wrong!!!!

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: To all the "experts" that picked the eagles to win today

subin said:
I myself don't care one bit about the "experts". But it IS extra fun when they are SOOOOOOOOO wrong!!!!

I love it when they don't pick the packers. Cmon experts, packers will go 1-15 now right? Bears will win the division right? As of now the pack are AHEAD of the bears!! HA

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There is always a need for good bus drivers :lol:
Seriously though, when you try to pick a game, look a little bit more at whats going on with the team not just what they have on paper. I understand that it wasn't a landslide victory and that it could have gone either way, but when every single "expert" is wrong...

I got it wrong. I admit it. I picked the Packers to win in a landslide. We only won by 3. ;)

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm already seeing Merrill Hodge saying "I said it earlier watch out for the Packers D" and he may or may not have said it, but yes the experts will change their minds on a dime without admission of thinking the other way the week before.

That being said I think it's fun to relish the fact the Bears are 0-1, but let's not forgett they played a team that was 14-2 last season and played them IN San Diego.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
subin said:

I love it when they don't pick the packers. Cmon experts, packers will go 1-15 now right? Bears will win the division right? As of now the pack are AHEAD of the bears!! HA

Definition of "EXPERT... "Ex" =a Has been, "Spert"=A Drip that is under pressure

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm already seeing Merrill Hodge saying "I said it earlier watch out for the Packers D" and he may or may not have said it, but yes the experts will change their minds on a dime without admission of thinking the other way the week before.

That being said I think it's fun to relish the fact the Bears are 0-1, but let's not forgett they played a team that was 14-2 last season and played them IN San Diego.

Actually, I was watching NFL Edge (or whatever it is called) on Saturday night with a friend of mine and Hodge said he thought that by the end of the year the Packers would have a top 5 D. I'm not joking. He loves our CBs, our front 7, and our aggressiveness.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as a little addition...i know this applies to almost none of us...but

To all of the Philly media who trashed the packers and gave them no chance...

It was ridiculous...the "100 year old Favre"...etc, etc, carried on...didnt even give the defense...a certain recognized strength of this team...one bit of credit

and after the 4th and 26 and subsequent losses...this is great

like i said on other threads...plenty of text messages sent between 4:00 and 5:00 today...most of which were "Catch a punt"

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but the Eagles played better offense today and had a running game.

We won because the Eagles had Cory Rodgers pretending to be Greg Lewis on special teams. That's what it was in all honesty.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We won because the Eagles had Cory Rodgers pretending to be Greg Lewis on special teams. That's what it was in all honesty.

Who was pretending to be J.R. Reed?

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You give up 13 points while losing the time of possession battle and those things happen, Danreb. Our D's going to keep us in a lot of games that we would've lost a few years ago, and will help us pull away in games that were close.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Funny, I missed the asterisk in the W column were the Packers have a 1 and the Eagles have a 0. I'll have to check again in the excuses column.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cory said:

Actually, I was watching NFL Edge (or whatever it is called) on Saturday night with a friend of mine and Hodge said he thought that by the end of the year the Packers would have a top 5 D. I'm not joking. He loves our CBs, our front 7, and our aggressiveness.

An hour before kickoff on the Fantasy Football show on ESPNNEWS he said to pickup the Packers D and start them as they will hold the Eagles to 14 points or less.

Eric Allen also likes the Pack as a sleeper team. Michael Smith picked them to make the playoffs as a wild card. Shannon Sharpe picked them to be the sleeper team too.

So some people do like the Pack coming into this season.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of experts and their picks, I've heard from numerous sources that we're supposed to watch the Rams this year, and they're going to be something again. The even mentioned in the game coverage. Lots of O, no D, but lots of O... which got them to 0-1 to start.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am just happy we won and that i got to watch the game. i might even watch the game next week.

i hope to see a better game on o next week.

You'll have it. The Gnats are bad, bad, bad against the pass...

Members online