To all Favre haters on this forum...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tell me...

Who does Favre have left to throw to...?

(And why the Hell hasn't TT signed Dorsey Levens yet?)

(maybe he is trying to force Brett out...)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
A: Driver, Ferguson, Chatman, Franks, Fisher
B: Same reason he hasn't signed Thurman Thomas
C: Doubtful

ps, I don't hate Brett, but figured I'd answer the questions :)

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Boy..mighty impressive list....

(Driver and Franks...the only dependibles...and for some reason SherRossley never calls Franks number...)

(Levens isn't as old as Thomas wise-guy...He avg'd over 5yds per carry with the Eagles last year....knows the Packer offense...knows Brett Favre...is a good receiver....)

seems like a know brainer to me...but yet...we don't know TT's brain now...do we..?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Boy..mighty impressive list....

(Driver and Franks...the only dependibles...and for some reason SherRossley never calls Franks number...)

Don't believe I seen 'impressive' in the question.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is obviously looking at young, cheap prospects to fill our massive holes this year. It didn't make sense earlier in the year when we had plenty of time to turn it around, but it makes sense to continue it now.

If we're not going to get to the playoffs, then we should continue to use young guys with potential and see how they pan out. No point in signing experiences vets right now.

Earlier in the year though, I was looking for Rice and Levens to be added. Both with great experience to teach the young guys and both could take the pressure off of other players. We wouldn't see their spectacular play of the past, but they would have made us a better team.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody who is a packers fan hates Brett Favre. That's idiotic. I wish he'd state his future intentions, but I love the guy. I'd like to see Rogers get a little experience, but that doesn't mean I don't love Brett (frankly I think we'd find out fast that Rogers can't cut it). I named my son after Brett. He has nobody to throw to this year so he's "off." However, I do worry about the future and he won't play forever. That's my main concern. But...WHO CAN HATE BRETT FAVRE?????? Even fans of other teams love the man.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what about donald lee? brett seems to like him. i bet brett would like to throw to reggie bush.

i think we should let rodgers take a few 4th qtrs and see what he can do.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Tell me...

Driver, Lee and thats about it, it seems. Gado caught that nice 30 yard loft though, and he seems to be out in the flat quite a bit...maybe his blocking is substandard?

because he is smarter than you, lowly forum poster!

yes of course, he's trying to force one of the best QB's currently in the league...let alone all-time. Ted obviously thinks Brett is holding this franchise back.

you're insane 66...but you have the ability to make people who already know you can't possibly be serious want to argue with you. that is a rare gift my friend.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PPierce said:
Nobody who is a packers fan hates Brett Favre. That's idiotic. I wish he'd state his future intentions, but I love the guy. I'd like to see Rogers get a little experience, but that doesn't mean I don't love Brett (frankly I think we'd find out fast that Rogers can't cut it). I named my son after Brett. He has nobody to throw to this year so he's "off." However, I do worry about the future and he won't play forever. That's my main concern. But...WHO CAN HATE BRETT FAVRE?????? Even fans of other teams love the man.

Hey, I named my son after Brett too!!! :bang:

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Tell me...

This is silly, but a reflections of our times.

Can you name a single poster in this forum (excluding fans of other teams) who hates #4?

The guy is a beloved part of Packer lore and will be in the Hall within seconds of becoming eligible after retiring.

Dorsey Levens??? And you complain about wasting CAP dollars? While Dorsey MAY be a step up from Gado, he has no future and would cost a good chunk of change -- even for the 6 games left. That cap space would be better spent on nailing down a contract on another player and avoiding losing unused space from this season by not using it this year -- it cannot carry over.

30 teams have taken a pass on Levens this season, this reminds me of calling for resigning Freeman when he clearly had nothing left in the tank.

Driver is a solid receiver, but Walker's, Fergy's, Murphy's and Martin's injuries coupled with the loss of Green (a great receiver in his own right) has left Brett chosing between throwing into double and triple coverage or trusting street free agents that continue to stoke mistrust instead (see thurman's critical drop right in his hands with the game on the line)

Having said that, injuries are a part of the game and Brett is not the first QB to ever suffer from having his playmakers go down to injuries.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that there is a single Packer fan that hates Brett Favre.
Hell, I don't hate him and I have seen more than enough of #4 to last me a life time!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Hell, I don't hate him and I have seen more than enough of #4 to last me a life time!

lol

this is not a stab or anything, just a question, but hasnt brett thrown the most TD's against the bears over any other team?

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bruce and Arrow...

That just shows you how much YOU don't know....

When GB beat Atlanta or before...signing Levens (and it wouldn't have taken that much $$) would have made sense...instead of going with an untested rookie signed off of someone else's practice squad....

That's how you get things going sometimes..and TT's unwillingness to sign veterans who can help the team now..is somewhat disturbing....

(I suppose you all forget how many vets were signed on the 96' SB team...but i guess they were a waste of $$$ and time..right?)

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Arrow...

That just shows you how much YOU don't know....

When GB beat Atlanta or before...signing Levens (and it wouldn't have taken that much $$) would have made sense...instead of going with an untested rookie signed off of someone else's practice squad....

That's how you get things going sometimes..and TT's unwillingness to sign veterans who can help the team now..is somewhat disturbing....

(I suppose you all forget how many vets were signed on the 96' SB team...but i guess they were a waste of $$$ and time..right?)

First off, their was not a hard CAP when the Packers won the Super Bowl in 1996. Second, signing Vets during a Super Bowl run looks a lot different than signing street free agents when you are 2 and 8.

Why do you think none of the 32 teams playing in the NFL has made an offer to Dorsey? If not signing him is a mistake -- it is a pretty universal one.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bruce....

How do you know "no one wanted to sign him.."?

I think Dorsey was just sitting out contemplating retirement after the Eagle SB fiasco...

Don't make things up..!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts