Tired of Hearing about Dallas

Troides

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I don't really think the Packers are going to take the lead in the division, it would be nice (obviously) but probably won't happen. I am not really worried about taking the wild card, especially if you look at the other 3 teams in contention for it.

The Dallas Cowboys have, San Diego, the Saints, the Redskins who are playing very well as of the past few games and the Eagles. Personally I see the Cowboys losing all of those games the way they are playing and dropping the division lead. If they beat the Redskins they will still drop to 9-7

The Giants have the Eagles, Washington, Carolina and Minnesota. I think they will beat Carolina and that's it, but they might beat Washington dropping to 10-6 most likely and beating out Dallas for the wild card. The Eagles will take the division lead and that also takes out the need to worry about the tiebreaker with the Eagles.

Dallas is just not going to make it and that just leaves it wide open for the Packers, all they have to do is win one more game and they are fine, (I believe that since the Packers beat them, they would win the tie).

This has been discussed but just wanted to post what I thought about. Let the correcting begin.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Imagine how I feel, I live in Dallas.

At least the Pack beat them this year. When I wear my Packer gear I don't hear nothing out of Cowboy fans this year. Love it.

I think it's a tad too early to start speculating about the playoffs. Still a lot of regular season left.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants are 7-5. I didn't understand. You think they're going to go 10-6 by beating only Carolina?

I havent looked at the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants remaining schedule, but how do you think they'll fare, and so how do you think we need to go to make the playoffs? 10-6 will make it? Because I think it'll be good enough, even with our conference record, but as I said I didn't anylise the whole thing...

OP
OP
T

Troides

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I say that? Woops, better check my writing before I post it heh. I accidentally got into the thinking they were 8-4, my bad. In that case I more think with their schedule that they will be 9-7 like the Cowgirls. When I said 10-6 I was adding the the maybe beating the Redskins as one of those. Also I wouldn't call it too early, there are 4 weeks left and really if you look at the Cowboys schedule, most people would agree.

Yeah I do think 10-6 will be enough, the cowboys at the most will win two more games, the Vikings and Bengals are just better teams.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine how I feel, I live in Dallas.

At least the Pack beat them this year. When I wear my Packer gear I don't hear nothing out of Cowboy fans this year. Love it.

I think it's a tad too early to start speculating about the playoffs. Still a lot of regular season left.

Just be happy you don't live near Pittsburgh. I'm convinced that the Steelers have the worst fans.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am definitely seeing the 'boys losing 3 or 4 of their last 4 depending on what redskins offense shows up. if the skins offense that showed up to play against the saints, the cowboys will lose that game. Eagles will probably win that division. Giants and pack will be in the wildcard...

OP
OP
T

Troides

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That seems to be the case but I guess we will find out. Also I am wondering if it's possible for some other team to come from behind to try and take the wild card? I did see a couple other teams not terrible far behind.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That seems to be the case but I guess we will find out. Also I am wondering if it's possible for some other team to come from behind to try and take the wild card? I did see a couple other teams not terrible far behind.

Atlanta is 6-6 but they have a miserable conference record. I think it's safe to say they are done. It's pretty much down to Green Bay, Dallas, NYG, and Philly. I added all those NFC East teams into the quation because anyone can win that division at this point.

OP
OP
T

Troides

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be rooting for the Eagles on Sunday. If they knock the Giants down to 7-6 and the Pack win, we will be in very good condition. The problem with all this speculation is that with division games you never know, especially since the last game against the Bears that the Packers had was very close. They were both different teams at the time, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be rooting for the Eagles on Sunday. If they knock the Giants down to 7-6 and the Pack win, we will be in very good condition. The problem with all this speculation is that with division games you never know, especially since the last game against the Bears that the Packers had was very close. They were both different teams at the time, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm rooting for the Eagles too. The good thing though about these NFC East matchups is either way it turns out, it helps us. Either the Giants lose and we get more breathing room or the Eagles fall to 8-5 and that 5th seed can become ours.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's basically down to rooting for the Cowboys to lose and either rooting for the Giants or Eagles to lose and one of them to win. The main reason to root for the Cowboys to lose is because we have the tie-breaker on them and that is a huge thing to have going down the stretch this time of the year. I guess we should root for the Giants to lose, but it's really up in the air at this point for both the WC spots in the NFC.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually we should be rooting for the Eagles to lose. If they do, then they move down to 8-5 and if the Pack win then we are 9-4 and move up in the wild-card race to secure the home field advantage in the wild card game as well.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually we should be rooting for the Eagles to lose. If they do, then they move down to 8-5 and if the Pack win then we are 9-4 and move up in the wild-card race to secure the home field advantage in the wild card game as well.

But if the Giants go 8-5 and say we have a slip up, then things get really tight. Either way, we will play on the road in the Wild Card game because we are not a Division winner.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Just be happy you don't live near Pittsburgh. I'm convinced that the Steelers have the worst fans.

Don't get me wrong, the Dallas fans are harmless compared to lets say Philly or Steeler fans. I agree with you, I'm starting to think the Vikings have some of the worst fans now too.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas fans are more fairweather, I think. Steelers fans are **********, but they can brag. Now, Eagles fans, well, let's just say they learn to boo before they learn to walk.