Tired of being behind and brett taking the heat !!!

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
BearPerspective said:
Cory said:
Even if Rogers were to start the rest of the season there is no way we could tell what we were gonna get from him this year unless he performed at an astronomical rate which I highly doubt.

Still, if the guy doesnt get reps, when the rest of the team has caught back up in talent, Brett will be gone and Rogers will be the guy. You should want to know beforehand whether he "can" do it, or whether to draft Brady Quinn or whatever.
I understand the love for Brett, as I said, but its not exacty compatible with a rebuild.

I'm not talking about the love for Brett and I agree it's not compatible with the rebuild at all. Thing is no matter how Rogers does, you have no idea "what you have" in him after what? half a season? You still wouldn't know wether or not to draft a Brady Quinn or whatever. Prime example is the situation the Chargers got themselves into with Brees and Rivers. I can imagine the GM in san diego was thanking God that Brees got injured because it gave him a reasonable explanation as to not resigning him.
You can know alot about a QB after half a season. Especially a QB who is not a rookie like Rogers. Some step right in and play well (Favre, Grossman, Palmer, etc) and some are terrible right away (Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington) and yeah, there are some in the middle, like Peyton Manning who threw tons of pics, but still, why not find out what you can when your team is losing anyway? You dont want to find it out when you have all the other players in place and are hampered with a desperate Qb search like Chicago for the past, oh, 15 years.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand what you are saying and I agree it's a good point, but I seriously don't think you can tell after half a season. For instance, Harrington actually looked ok in his rook year and even in his third year.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I wonder is if there's no help if there's a chance Aaron playing could do him more harm then good. If he's just getting pounded and has no run support he may lose some confidence whereas if he could come in next year with the O-line more experienced as well as some other areas it may do him a lot more good to come in where he'll have a better chance to show what he's got

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
The only thing I wonder is if there's no help if there's a chance Aaron playing could do him more harm then good. If he's just getting pounded and has no run support he may lose some confidence whereas if he could come in next year with the O-line more experienced as well as some other areas it may do him a lot more good to come in where he'll have a better chance to show what he's got

I agree. Next year the supporting cast may be better and Favre may be retiring after this season anyways.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
Thats why in a game its a team effort to win those games, it should NEVER be put on one QB to win games..

Bingo Heatherthepackgirl,

So simple yet so hard for some to grasp !!!

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

If a guy has those kind of "confidence" issues, he isnt fit to be the leader of an NFL team. Plain and simple. I never buy into that stuff. True leaders inspire confidence in others, they dont have it shattered for lack of support.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

If a guy has those kind of "confidence" issues, he isnt fit to be the leader of an NFL team. Plain and simple. I never buy into that stuff. True leaders inspire confidence in others, they dont have it shattered for lack of support.

I have gone over this stuff with them a hundred times man.
I told them how the Bears split the RB duties between Payton and Neil Anderson during Payton's last season and it made Anderson a much better player. Then again Payton did not spend that season giving Anderson the cold shoulder like Favre is doing with Rodgers.

If the guy is that fragile do you even want him on your team?
You drafted him in the first round, bragged about how great he will be, made fun of Kyle Orton who was a 4th round rookie even though he completed more passes last year than Ben Roethlisberger while the Bears went 11-5....
What are you all so afraid of? You cannot wait for the perfect conditions before playing Rodgers.
What kind of team were the Packers when Favre took over? I know... they sucked.
You actually believe that while Favre plays and the Packers continue to lose, Rodgers is absorbing knowledge and experience like some cheese flavored Jedi.
As soon as Favre steps aside Rodgers is going to make this wonderful transformation from a caterpillar to a butterfly?

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil,

You may actually convince some if you keep it up. But Aaron rides the pine because there is NO need for him to play yet. It is that simple !!!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it really funny that A-Rods to biggest supporters on this board ar Bear fans!!!!
After 20 years of mediocracy, they are now all of a sudden the experts on QB Talent.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
I find it really funny that A-Rods to biggest supporters on this board ar Bear fans!!!!
After 20 years of mediocracy, they are now all of a sudden the experts on QB Talent.

If anyone should know about 20 years of mediocracy it is someone from Ohio.

Browns, Bengals, Cavs, Indians, Reds .... yuk!

In that 20 years that you speak of, teams from Ohio have won 1 championship and that was 16 years ago.
Chicago teams alone have won 8. Please tell me more about mediocracy since you are so good at it there.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

In that 20 years that you speak of, teams from Ohio have won 1 championship and that was 16 years ago.
Chicago teams alone have won 8. Please tell me more about mediocracy since you are so good at it there.

oooooo, that really hurts. I am not here because I am a fan of any of those teams. mmmmm Packer Forum...Bears fan....Admit it Phil, down deep you love The Packers, that's why you hang out here, and what does any sports team in Ohio have to do with this topic anyway??????

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

For the last 20 years the Chicago Bears have been mediocre at best until now. That's what he was talking about and of course you get completely off subject talking about baseball and basketball and whatever other sports. The Bears haven't had a steady QB in how long until now? So no, Bear fans are not experts on QB play.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts