Tired of being behind and brett taking the heat !!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20061008_STL@GB

watch the game highlights.

i can see what your saying cory, the ball was in his hand.

thanks for that link. I didn't see the game, just watched it on the radio.

That pass to Jennings was beautiful.

As for that fumble, he got blindsided. Favre can't see through his helmet, so I'm not putting the blame on him. That OL should have picked up the ball. All and all, it was a shame, and can't really blame anyone. We got close to winning this one.

Favre kept us in this one until the very end. How about giving credit to the Rams guy? He beat our guy and got a nice strip from Favre. I'd be more willing to give credit to the Rams guy than blame one of our own on that one.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
umair said:

thanks for that link. I didn't see the game, just watched it on the radio.

That pass to Jennings was beautiful.

As for that fumble, he got blindsided. Favre can't see through his helmet, so I'm not putting the blame on him. That OL should have picked up the ball. All and all, it was a shame, and can't really blame anyone. We got close to winning this one.

Favre kept us in this one until the very end. How about giving credit to the Rams guy? He beat our guy and got a nice strip from Favre. I'd be more willing to give credit to the Rams guy than blame one of our own on that one.

An overload of common sense in that post. I...just...can't....take it....aaarrrrggghhhhhh

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

I hope a few other people take a close look at this replay. Brett had the ball three seconds before they broke through to him. Yeah Brett's fault :roll:

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
umair said:

I hope a few other people take a close look at this replay. Brett had the ball three seconds before they broke through to him. Yeah Brett's fault :roll:

Lol actually a Bob McGinn acticle said 2.25 seconds.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
agopackgo4 said:
all about da packers said:
Actually I think Brett displayed terrible accuracy throughout this game. He actually looked his age today. :-?

Exactly. Im the BIGGEST Favre fan and I stick behind him as much as anyone. But I am an honest guy. Favre's accurecy sucked today. thats all there is too it.

Hmmm:

Eli Manning 23 / 33 and 1 TD -------Team wins 19 - 3

Brett Favre 22 / 39 and 1 TD -------Team loses 23 -20

Not Brett's best game but Brett is not the problem !!!

Brett is NOT the problem good post...:)

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The QB is usually the focal point of the team, and is definately the focal point of the offense. Our QB is easily our highest profile and best player. Add all of that up, and yes he will get too much credit when things are going good and too much blame when things are not going as well.

That said, even though he did not throw a pick, this was arguably his worst game of the year and he does deserve a good share of the blame for the loss.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should have never been down by ten and this is a blow out win if:

1) Brett has even a decent first half.

2) We make the INT's.

NFL games are won and lost by making big plays and taking advantage of opportunities. Brett himself talked just last week about needing to turn 3's into 7's and then misses a wide open Franks in the endzone.

Now I cut BF some slack because he also made some very nice throws but we end up with a loss that should have been a win because the veteran players on this team did not make the plays once again.

I really thought going in it would be the young guys that would srew up and cost us but in reality they have held their own and the vets have dissapointed so far.

We did cut down on allowing the big play which was nice to see. If we continue to improve there and stop squandering opportunities we might just win a few in row coming up here.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
agopackgo4 said:
Actually I think Brett displayed terrible accuracy throughout this game. He actually looked his age today. :-?

Exactly. Im the BIGGEST Favre fan and I stick behind him as much as anyone. But I am an honest guy. Favre's accurecy sucked today. thats all there is too it.

Hmmm:

Eli Manning 23 / 33 and 1 TD -------Team wins 19 - 3

Brett Favre 22 / 39 and 1 TD -------Team loses 23 -20

Not Brett's best game but Brett is not the problem !!!

Brett is NOT the problem good post...:)

Sure, a 15% difference is accuracy is no big deal. This game is not "brett's lose' but to quote stats like that in some kind of defense of him doesn't build your case.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No more is to say this was bretts worst game of the year. If I had to say what his worst game was Id say it was Philly.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
umair said:
DePack said:
Zero picks should equal a win.

and 0 fumbles.

Then your pass protection better not break down in 2.5 seconds !!!

It was actually worse then that and not to mention the fact that Moll screwed up by not fanning out the stunt by kennedy which didn't allow favre to step up in the pocket. None of that counts, though.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
If I had to say what his worst game was Id say it was Philly.

Interesting, do expand. :)

How exactly was this game against the Rams worse than against the Eagles? We were never out of the game against the Rams because of stupid mistakes by Favre. I didn't think Favre played well in the Eagles game at all. I don't know why he can't play well in philly.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a couple replys. quote: "the wind didn't effect Bulger"
If I recall we should of picked him off easy 2 or 3 times.
The fumble was as much a unit fumble as a Favre fumble. Brett will be alright as long as he doesn't lose his drive mentally. All QB's go through bad games. After watching Peyton against the Titans you could say he's washed up. LOL Just cause he has an off day has nothing to do with age. I figure as long as he stays mentally up for it he has the skills to play as well as most but I will admit he just doesn't do it with the same consistency as he use to but that may have to do with the whole team being inconsistant. As soon as he does through a good ball then there's a crucial drop so Brett IMO does take more heat then he deserves and when he's gone some people will come to realize that. It's just to bad thay're missing out on sitting back and enjoying watching one of the greats right now cause we'll miss him when he's gone

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone watch Ben Roethlisberger or Steve McNair this weekend? Good Lord they stunk up the joint horribly.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were at the Charger game rooting for the Steelers to win, this game wasnt Bens fault IMO either, the offense broke down on him and he was sacked to many times...he couldnt get the ball off...also I think Ward isnt being used to much over the past few games and I dont know why...

Again when a game goes wrong they blame the QB which IMO sometimes false...they get a bad wrap...

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
We were at the Charger game rooting for the Steelers to win, this game wasnt Bens fault IMO either, the offense broke down on him and he was sacked to many times...he couldnt get the ball off...also I think Ward isnt being used to much over the past few games and I dont know why...

Again when a game goes wrong they blame the QB which IMO sometimes false...they get a bad wrap...

Right on.

Likewise, in Chicago, Rex Grossman is getting heaps of praise. Thing is, he has all day to throw and receivers who are constantly open. Im not saying he's not good, but his rating is astronomical right now. He isnt a top 3 QB in the league at this point, as the number suggest. QBs often get too much praise as well.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now THIS is a quality post, bp. i'm impressed - seriously. although, i was beginning to think that grossman was 'for real' & could be the turnaround player of the season.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats why in a game its a team effort to win those games, it should NEVER be put on one QB to win games..

Grossman does look good, but like you said, he has lots of help to look great to...just hope he stays healthy...:)

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am wondering about Driver. Is he still hurt? Favre hasn't looked his way as much since Jennings has had a few good games.

Favre is an easy fall guy since he is the QB, he is getting older, not to mention a young QB who people want to see how he plays.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if Rogers were to start the rest of the season there is no way we could tell what we were gonna get from him this year unless he performed at an astronomical rate which I highly doubt.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Even if Rogers were to start the rest of the season there is no way we could tell what we were gonna get from him this year unless he performed at an astronomical rate which I highly doubt.

Still, if the guy doesnt get reps, when the rest of the team has caught back up in talent, Brett will be gone and Rogers will be the guy. You should want to know beforehand whether he "can" do it, or whether to draft Brady Quinn or whatever.
I understand the love for Brett, as I said, but its not exacty compatible with a rebuild.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Cory said:

Still, if the guy doesnt get reps, when the rest of the team has caught back up in talent, Brett will be gone and Rogers will be the guy. You should want to know beforehand whether he "can" do it, or whether to draft Brady Quinn or whatever.
I understand the love for Brett, as I said, but its not exacty compatible with a rebuild.

I'm not talking about the love for Brett and I agree it's not compatible with the rebuild at all. Thing is no matter how Rogers does, you have no idea "what you have" in him after what? half a season? You still wouldn't know wether or not to draft a Brady Quinn or whatever. Prime example is the situation the Chargers got themselves into with Brees and Rivers. I can imagine the GM in san diego was thanking God that Brees got injured because it gave him a reasonable explanation as to not resigning him.

Members online

Latest posts