Tired of being behind and brett taking the heat !!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today we were losing again by 10 when Brett had to try and play catch up one more time. He got us one TD to bring it to a 3 point difference but could not manage to finish the final drive which would have made us all happy beyond belief if he had done it.

But how many times is Brett expected to bail us out in the final minutes because the "game plan" is just not working yet ?

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we didnt play a good foot ball game and we where luckey we even had a chance of winning the game.

i agree with WinnipegPackFan. you cant just expect favre to try to win the game for you every time. we where behind for many reasons.

one of them was the d. we could have been ahead if they stoped the rams.

another reason we lost was because of the refs.

the fumble in the first quater resulting in a td.

the list can go on.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Actually I think Brett displayed terrible accuracy throughout this game. He actually looked his age today. :-?

Exactly. Im the BIGGEST Favre fan and I stick behind him as much as anyone. But I am an honest guy. Favre's accurecy sucked today. thats all there is too it.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Actually I think Brett displayed terrible accuracy throughout this game. He actually looked his age today. :-?

Exactly. Im the BIGGEST Favre fan and I stick behind him as much as anyone. But I am an honest guy. Favre's accurecy sucked today. thats all there is too it.

Well the guy did just come off a concussion, but you're right his accuracy wasn't the best today. I still can't understand the dropped passes, though. I thought Favre's long ball looked good to Jennings, too.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

Hmmm:

Eli Manning 23 / 33 and 1 TD -------Team wins 19 - 3

Brett Favre 22 / 39 and 1 TD -------Team loses 23 -20

Not Brett's best game but Brett is not the problem !!!

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

I did not see the game rather listened to it online. From the comments from the Packer announcers regarding the kickers, apparently there was a 20 to 25 MPH wind blowing. Wouldn't that affect Brett's accuracy as well??

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Today we were losing again by 10 when Brett had to try and play catch up one more time. He got us one TD to bring it to a 3 point difference but could not manage to finish the final drive which would have made us all happy beyond belief if he had done it.

But how many times is Brett expected to bail us out in the final minutes because the "game plan" is just not working yet ?

I didn't watch the game, but yahoo sports said that Harris dropped a INT that could have easily been returned for a TD. Also, that Morency fumble costed us.

Favre's numbers looked adequate, not his best day, not his worst, but Favre wasn't the problem.

On the plus side, Herron seemed good (listened to the game on the radio).

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
agopackgo4 said:

I did not see the game rather listened to it online. From the comments from the Packer announcers regarding the kickers, apparently there was a 20 to 25 MPH wind blowing. Wouldn't that affect Brett's accuracy as well??

Possibily. But it didnt seem to effect Marc Bulgers

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
PackFanInSC said:
agopackgo4 said:

Possibily. But it didnt seem to effect Marc Bulgers

Well when your recievers are running wide open it doesn't have to be perfectly accurate.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
agopackgo4 said:

Hmmm:

Eli Manning 23 / 33 and 1 TD -------Team wins 19 - 3

Brett Favre 22 / 39 and 1 TD -------Team loses 23 -20

Not Brett's best game but Brett is not the problem !!!

I agree 100% there Brett is not the problem. People dropping passes, people commiting stupid penalties....That is the problem. Not Favre. Im just saying Brett didnt have the best day today. Even superstarts have bad games. But good teams can overcome there star player not playing well. We are obviously not a good team.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many Favre turnovers to either end or put games out of reach do you guys need to see before he's to be held accountable? Just curious...

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tauscher, Favre, and Colledge all need to be held accountable for that play. So what is your point?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, if you watch the game back you'd see that Brett's accuracy and decision making were god awful today. The stat line does not tell the story at all. I love Brett, but he played VERY poorly today.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Guys, if you watch the game back you'd see that Brett's accuracy and decision making were god awful today. The stat line does not tell the story at all. I love Brett, but he played VERY poorly today.

Well I have to disagree. I'm not saying it was great by any means and yes some of his decisions I was even asking myself "what the hell?" but I do think the stat line alone tells it wasn't "awful" or "poor".....

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't his best but the play to Jennings was sure sweet. To bad he missed Bubba in the endzone. A few years ago he looked toward Bubba everytime down there.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Wasn't his best but the play to Jennings was sure sweet. To bad he missed Bubba in the endzone. A few years ago he looked toward Bubba everytime down there.

Very true. Seems like a few years ago, within the 10 yard line, the ball went to Bubba 50% of the time. Against the bears I would always be yelling at the tv to cover that sob, but they never did.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre should not be expected to bring the team back from behind all the time, but he should be expected to do it at least once in awhile. That's part of a quarterback's job. How long has it been now since Favre led the team to a comeback win? I give him credit for keeping his cool today when the team was behind, but he didn't protect the ball when the game was on the line. The receivers and O-linemen share the blame, but a fumble is a fumble.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Favre should not be expected to bring the team back from behind all the time, but he should be expected to do it at least once in awhile. That's part of a quarterback's job. How long has it been now since Favre led the team to a comeback win? I give him credit for keeping his cool today when the team was behind, but he didn't protect the ball when the game was on the line. The receivers and O-linemen share the blame, but a fumble is a fumble.

He got stripped from behind. Yes it's a fumble and ultimately it's on him, but I'm not as pissed at Favre for this fumble. I'm more pissed off Tauscher got beat badly and Kennedy beat his man to not allow Favre to step up in the pocket. Then of course Colledge couldn't recover the damn thing...I still can't believe that...

Members online

Latest posts