Time to fire the forum up

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“Brett Favre should have retired three years ago. It’s all hype. (The Packers) are not that good. (Favre) can really throw it, but how about the poor decision-making that has defined his career? How come you don’t hear more about his record for having so many picks? The guy has had one helluva career — don’t get me wrong. But let’s call it what it is. A lot of guys get ripped for the same things he does. If one is going to get ripped, rip them all. If (Donovan) McNabb was throwing all those balls away, they would have run him out of Philly years ago and never talked about the b.s. receivers he has had to work with. The one year (McNabb) had a receiver, T.O. (Terrell Owens) got hurt. They were putting up great numbers and the kid got hurt. Then he comes back the next year, and he was lighting it up, and he got hurt. This year, everyone is coming down on him because of that interview (when he said he was treated differently as a black quarterback). And you know what, he was right. Brett Favre pulls that ‘I don’t know if I’m going to retire’ — and he does not get locked out of the building like (Steve) McNair did. Why don’t they tell him, until you decide, you are locked out. They are extra sensitive about his feelings. Brett is a great guy, but right is right, and wrong is wrong. He is holding the team hostage, too.”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2007/audibles2218.htm

I'm assuming this came from someone in the front office of Detroit, Minnesota, Chicago, or maybe even Dallas. :lol:

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this guy is a moron and its a wasit of breath to defend favre....his statistics, superbowl championship, and most important of all.....seat in the hall of fame!!!!! speak for themselves

this clown should be shot by a firing squad

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I assume you did not read that before you posted it. And if you did and posted it anyways, are you going to go get a quote from a tennis announcer about the Packers too? Because that segment was just as informative.

Here with the topic I was thinking there was going to be something with substance, some intelligence and yet, nothing but false uninformed garbage.

Fire up the forum with someone who can't even accurately compare careers? Give me a break.

I like you porky, but you missed the boat on that one. What waste of time.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume you did not read that before you posted it. And if you did and posted it anyways, are you going to go get a quote from a tennis announcer about the Packers too? Because that segment was just as informative.

Here with the topic I was thinking there was going to be something with substance, some intelligence and yet, nothing but false uninformed garbage.

Fire up the forum with someone who can't even accurately compare careers? Give me a break.

o....k.....i'm gonna back out very slowly..

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Harsh....

Is this any different than people *****ing about the Packers only being ranked 6th in a power ranking by (Insert ******* Sportswriter's Name Here)???

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero, let's go back to arguing about how Uncle Ted is a moron and ruining the Packers. That always fires up the forum.

As for Favre, he was put on "demigod" status in the mid 90's by the media and us Packer fans. Some people don't view him that way and they have the right to write what they want. What bothers me about what the writer said about the interception record is that he didn't bother to mention that Favre has attempted twice as many passes as Blanda. The record is insignificant.

As for comparing McNabb to Favre, the writer is a moron. Here's something to compare: McNabb pukes in the huddle in the Super Bowl. Favre pukes up blood on the sideline, sits out one play, and then comes in to throw a game winning touchdown to put the Packers in the playoffs. The two names do not belong in the same article, yet alone the same paragraph.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

o....k.....i'm gonna back out very slowly..

as nelson would say ha ha :) lol

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ahhh Matt Millen speaks for the first time this year...

Zero.. the audibles are people within the NFL, generally front office types.. so it is bulletin board material for Favre and the Packers..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“Brett Favre should have retired three years ago. It’s all hype. (The Packers) are not that good. (Favre) can really throw it, but how about the poor decision-making that has defined his career? How come you don’t hear more about his record for having so many picks? The guy has had one helluva career — don’t get me wrong. But let’s call it what it is. A lot of guys get ripped for the same things he does. If one is going to get ripped, rip them all. If (Donovan) McNabb was throwing all those balls away, they would have run him out of Philly years ago and never talked about the b.s. receivers he has had to work with. The one year (McNabb) had a receiver, T.O. (Terrell Owens) got hurt. They were putting up great numbers and the kid got hurt. Then he comes back the next year, and he was lighting it up, and he got hurt. This year, everyone is coming down on him because of that interview (when he said he was treated differently as a black quarterback). And you know what, he was right. Brett Favre pulls that ‘I don’t know if I’m going to retire’ — and he does not get locked out of the building like (Steve) McNair did. Why don’t they tell him, until you decide, you are locked out. They are extra sensitive about his feelings. Brett is a great guy, but right is right, and wrong is wrong. He is holding the team hostage, too.”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2007/audibles2218.htm

I'm assuming this came from someone in the front office of Detroit, Minnesota, Chicago, or maybe even Dallas. :lol:

7-1. I think of those 7 wins, Favre got 3 or 4 game balls if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your entitled to your opinion but I think it's rather interesting that a current scout, coach, or front office personal of an NFL team had those things to say about the Packers and Brett Favre considering the team's 7-1 start and Favre's MVP caliber player through 8 games.

Say what you want about uninformed intelligence but whoever said this actually works in the NFL which I find more baffling. This isn't Peter King or Joe Buck talking.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Your entitled to your opinion but I think it's rather interesting that a current scout, coach, or front office personal of an NFL team had those things to say about the Packers and Brett Favre considering the team's 7-1 start and Favre's MVP caliber player through 8 games.

Say what you want about uninformed intelligence but whoever said this actually works in the NFL which I find more baffling. This isn't Peter King or Joe Buck talking.

i mean if this is true and this statement came from an exec or front office person,......the team in which they represent is probably one of the worst in the league

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Just because they potentially have a job in the NFL does not mean they are in the 'know' of the NFL and are a viable choice for quote.

I just don't see how this can fire anyone up. It's a comment from a nobody. Oh, this person works in the NFL, so could be a waterboy, or coffee guy or any other half wit job.

I mean seriously, read it. It's such a waste of time. (i checked the thread again because I respect porky and wanted to make sure i didnt hit the wrong button with him)

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Just because they potentially have a job in the NFL does not mean they are in the 'know' of the NFL and are a viable choice for quote.

I just don't see how this can fire anyone up. It's a comment from a nobody. Oh, this person works in the NFL, so could be a waterboy, or coffee guy or any other half wit job.

I mean seriously, read it. It's such a waste of time. (i checked the thread again because I respect porky and wanted to make sure i didnt hit the wrong button with him)

Pro Football Weekly talks to coaches and executives in teams front offices as indicated already. This very well could've came from a high up in any organization in the National Football Team. That is why I find is as an interesting quote and that is why Pro Football Weekly produces one of the best football magazines known.

We're not talking about a water boy or even a guy like Terrell Davis or Chris Havel. This is pretty good bulletin board material for Brett Favre.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who cares.....favre dosnt need bulletin board material lol

He seemed to of been extra motivated after hearing he couldn't throw the deep ball any longer as some had suggested.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually doesn't bother me cause it's so far out. I would of taken more offence if he said it 3 years ago where he might of actually had a point but now it just sounds likesomeone with an axe to grind. I doubt though it's a player cause they all seem to have huge respect for Favre. My guess is some exec who blows more hot air then intelligence

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Did any go to the link??

There is 16 different comments there on all sort of stuff..Not just the Brett stuff..

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on condition of anonymity

Here are the rest

* “The Colts’ defense has become a lot faster and more physical. They run around and hit you.”

* “(Raiders C) Jeremy Newberry is their best run blocker, and he is only average.”

* “The Jets have issues. You are seeing now what should have happened last year. They just hit it right a year ago. It’s more of a reflection of where they are with that team. They have a bad offensive line. They are inconsistent running and throwing the ball. They have a group of average receivers. They are very inconsistent in the secondary. Overall, it’s a very inconsistent football team.”

* “In a lot of ways, they are asking (Jonathan) Vilma and (Dewayne) Robertson to do things they are not great at, but if they are good enough athletes, it does not matter.”

* “We’ve been watching the resurrection of Kyle Vanden Bosch for the last year and a half and now (Albert) Haynesworth has turned up the dial a notch. They are getting after it.”

* “The Saints go as their offensive line goes, and the unit is playing a lot better. Jammal Brown is back to form.”

* “The problem in Carolina is that the defensive line gets away with too much. (Julius) Peppers does what he wants to do. He’s making a lot of money, so he does not get chewed out like he needs to. Defensive linemen need a foot up their ***. They play their best when someone is breathing fire down their throats. The best defensive line coaches know it. Rod Marinelli is a head coach because of it. He’s an old war veteran. He’s the kind of guy you want coaching your line. He is the prototype defensive line coach. The league needs more guys like him.”

* “A lot of scouts were not sold on (Raiders CBs) Fabian Washington and Stanford Routt coming out of college because they did not like to tackle, but they are not playing too bad. Their speed is showing up on the field. They get out of position, but they can still close.”

* “The Cowboys’ offensive line is not that good. They are benefiting from a quarterback that can move.”

* “When you look at the full package of what Brian Westbrook brings to the team, there is not a more valuable player to his team. They need him more than they need (Donovan) McNabb. If you rated him strictly as a running back, you would have to say he is good, but because of his pass-catching skills, it raises his game up a notch. I would say he has performed at a Pro Bowl level, absolutely.”

* “How is (OLT) Donald Penn starting for Tampa Bay? I don’t know that anyone in the league had a draftable grade on him a few years ago. He was always hurt, he whined about everything. Now he is starting in the NFL. It makes you wonder if you can scout anymore when you see stuff like that. They claimed him off waivers this year. If anyone thought they had a left tackle that had a chance, they would not have let him go. At the least, developmental left tackles do have trade value.”

* “(Eagles OG) Shawn Andrews is Larry Allen the second.”

* “(Panthers OLT) Travelle Wharton is going to get top money in free agency. I think he is an ascending player. I’m not sure if he has fully recovered from the knee injury he suffered a year ago. He should only get better.”

* “The cap is eventually going to catch up to the Colts. They had major cap problems a couple years ago, and with decisions coming on Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark, they are going to have to get real creative. The problem when you have so many good players is keeping them all.”

* “The first thing you better do when you’re picking in the top 10 is make sure you have a quarterback. If you don’t know if you have one or not, chances are that you don’t. The second half of the season is the time to figure out what you’ve got. If I am the Dolphins, I am finding out what John Beck has. Let me see some signs. Show me he’s not the system quarterback that most of the league thought he was. We would not have touched him until maybe the fifth round, I can tell you that much.”

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:

Pro Football Weekly talks to coaches and executives in teams front offices as indicated already. This very well could've came from a high up in any organization in the National Football Team. That is why I find is as an interesting quote and that is why Pro Football Weekly produces one of the best football magazines known.

We're not talking about a water boy or even a guy like Terrell Davis or Chris Havel. This is pretty good bulletin board material for Brett Favre.

Read the content, how can you find it interesting man? It's obviously someone talking out of their ***. It's about as interesting as someone trying to compare Tiger Woods running back skills to that of Jim Brown.

I dunno, I love reading, but I love reading material that's informative. I don't mind people bashing the Packers or even Brett or my longtime idle Barry Sanders, all I ask is have some intelligence in your argument.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did any go to the link??

There is 16 different comments there on all sort of stuff..Not just the Brett stuff..

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on condition of anonymity

Here are the rest

* “The Colts’ defense has become a lot faster and more physical. They run around and hit you.”

* “(Raiders C) Jeremy Newberry is their best run blocker, and he is only average.”

* “The Jets have issues. You are seeing now what should have happened last year. They just hit it right a year ago. It’s more of a reflection of where they are with that team. They have a bad offensive line. They are inconsistent running and throwing the ball. They have a group of average receivers. They are very inconsistent in the secondary. Overall, it’s a very inconsistent football team.”

* “In a lot of ways, they are asking (Jonathan) Vilma and (Dewayne) Robertson to do things they are not great at, but if they are good enough athletes, it does not matter.”

* “We’ve been watching the resurrection of Kyle Vanden Bosch for the last year and a half and now (Albert) Haynesworth has turned up the dial a notch. They are getting after it.”

* “The Saints go as their offensive line goes, and the unit is playing a lot better. Jammal Brown is back to form.”

* “The problem in Carolina is that the defensive line gets away with too much. (Julius) Peppers does what he wants to do. He’s making a lot of money, so he does not get chewed out like he needs to. Defensive linemen need a foot up their ***. They play their best when someone is breathing fire down their throats. The best defensive line coaches know it. Rod Marinelli is a head coach because of it. He’s an old war veteran. He’s the kind of guy you want coaching your line. He is the prototype defensive line coach. The league needs more guys like him.”

* “A lot of scouts were not sold on (Raiders CBs) Fabian Washington and Stanford Routt coming out of college because they did not like to tackle, but they are not playing too bad. Their speed is showing up on the field. They get out of position, but they can still close.”

* “The Cowboys’ offensive line is not that good. They are benefiting from a quarterback that can move.”

* “When you look at the full package of what Brian Westbrook brings to the team, there is not a more valuable player to his team. They need him more than they need (Donovan) McNabb. If you rated him strictly as a running back, you would have to say he is good, but because of his pass-catching skills, it raises his game up a notch. I would say he has performed at a Pro Bowl level, absolutely.”

* “How is (OLT) Donald Penn starting for Tampa Bay? I don’t know that anyone in the league had a draftable grade on him a few years ago. He was always hurt, he whined about everything. Now he is starting in the NFL. It makes you wonder if you can scout anymore when you see stuff like that. They claimed him off waivers this year. If anyone thought they had a left tackle that had a chance, they would not have let him go. At the least, developmental left tackles do have trade value.”

* “(Eagles OG) Shawn Andrews is Larry Allen the second.”

* “(Panthers OLT) Travelle Wharton is going to get top money in free agency. I think he is an ascending player. I’m not sure if he has fully recovered from the knee injury he suffered a year ago. He should only get better.”

* “The cap is eventually going to catch up to the Colts. They had major cap problems a couple years ago, and with decisions coming on Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark, they are going to have to get real creative. The problem when you have so many good players is keeping them all.”

* “The first thing you better do when you’re picking in the top 10 is make sure you have a quarterback. If you don’t know if you have one or not, chances are that you don’t. The second half of the season is the time to figure out what you’ve got. If I am the Dolphins, I am finding out what John Beck has. Let me see some signs. Show me he’s not the system quarterback that most of the league thought he was. We would not have touched him until maybe the fifth round, I can tell you that much.”

They don't say the specific source so some of this could've came from the same person. They do this every week. I remember one saying that the Packers are better than the Bears and that Barnett and Hawk are better than Urlacher and Briggs right now. This was I think after the 1st Vikings game.

Zero,

I read the content. Get that out of your head. I don't find the content to be the interesting part about it though. I find the fact that a coach, scout, or front office executive had this to say about the Packers being not that good and Brett Favre holding the team hostage. Pro football weekly isn't showing with the intent of making some logical point. They are quotes from coaches, executives, and scouts around the NFL which is why I find this more intriguing than if some ESPN analysis said it in their power rankings.

Whom ever said clearly has some grudge against Favre though.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am unclear as to the point YOU are making Z2C. Are you saying that this is a race issue and thus doesn't belong on this forum?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think ol Zero finally went off the deep end.

At least he did it with batshit crazy style.

Members online

Latest posts