Time For Rodgers To Ascend Even Further

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So after hearing Collins is out all year and sitting around depressed about it all day I've been doing some thinking. We've been pretty blessed the past couple years that we have so many playmakers on defense like Collins. As big as a loss as he is, we still have a lot of great players back there, from Woodson, to Tramon, to Matthews, to BJ, etc.. How does this relate to Rodgers you might ask? Simple.

How many big playmaking guys/pro-bowlers can you name from the Patriots defense? Wilfork is a great d-lineman, Mayo is a good linebacker, etc... there's a few. How many big name guys can you name from the Colts defense the last couple years aside from Freeny and Mathis? Not saying these teams don't have talent on defense, just saying, in the past couple years who has been most responsible for those teams success? Manning and Brady.

My point is simple. We all know how great Rodgers has been. And definitely he has to do with SOOOO much of this teams success in the past couple seasons. But as also all know just how good he could and should be going forward. I think right now is as good a time as ever (our defense looking less than stellar) for Rodgers to take the next step, and fully put the team on his back. Not just having great stats and getting the W. But completely dominating almost every game, and becoming the Brady he should be.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers is an amazing QB already. In my opinion I put him above everyone in the league save for Brady. It's time he steps onto Brady's level completely, league MVP type seasons. That's it for my rant. Thoughts?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Rodgers is an amazing QB already. In my opinion I put him above everyone in the league save for Brady. It's time he steps onto Brady's level completely, league MVP type seasons. That's it for my rant. Thoughts?

Favre never had HOFers on his defenses except for Reggie's years. He did good but never won the big one that way. Manning's defenses are average at best and they don't have but 1 Lombardi Trophy. Brady's defenses the past few years won them a bunch of games but no titles. I'm sure Rodgers and the offense can win quite a few games with an average defense but I doubt that will win more SBs. I had enough good seasons but one and done playoffs 6-12 years ago. There are players on offense that have market value in exchange for a needed defender. TT has faith in the reserves and practice squad so I doubt that a trade for a starter would be forthcoming.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trust in capers. honestly we have such depth we can handle a few of these injuries. But a few players are unreplacable. I agree 100%, this is time for Rodgers to step up.

Reaction score
So after hearing Collins is out all year and sitting around depressed about it all day I've been doing some thinking. We've been pretty blessed the past couple years that we have so many playmakers on defense like Collins. As big as a loss as he is, we still have a lot of great players back there, from Woodson, to Tramon, to Matthews, to BJ, etc.. How does this relate to Rodgers you might ask? Simple.

How many big playmaking guys/pro-bowlers can you name from the Patriots defense? Wilfork is a great d-lineman, Mayo is a good linebacker, etc... there's a few. How many big name guys can you name from the Colts defense the last couple years aside from Freeny and Mathis? Not saying these teams don't have talent on defense, just saying, in the past couple years who has been most responsible for those teams success? Manning and Brady.

My point is simple. We all know how great Rodgers has been. And definitely he has to do with SOOOO much of this teams success in the past couple seasons. But as also all know just how good he could and should be going forward. I think right now is as good a time as ever (our defense looking less than stellar) for Rodgers to take the next step, and fully put the team on his back. Not just having great stats and getting the W. But completely dominating almost every game, and becoming the Brady he should be.

I think he's capable of shouldering that type of load but I also believe the defense will come around so he won't have to. I expect his stats to look MVP caliber by season's end.