Tim Tebow

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I don't hate Tebow. I hate all the press a marginal at best QB, I mean running back is getting. He is no NFL QB because he can't even make simple throws. Two weeks of film on him, it won't be long before this one trick pony show comes to an end. I keep hoping the rapture will come so we can be done with this crap.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
To bad he can't get some pointers from Reggie White. Im a Christian myself but I know what your saying. I call it oober Christian. We have a Turkey Bowl at church every Thanksgiving morning and I have never seen anyone pray in the endzone. And God said " let there be football"

I loved Reggie White for having a good character outside of the league, but he didn't get in the end zone and pray, or do a prayer after every sack. It's cool to be religious outside your profession but I think with Tebow he pushes it a bit over the edge.
I think of it a little differently. I think he gets his *** kicked when they play good offenses. His style and ability is probably good for 10-20 points per game, regardless of who he is playing. The issue for the Broncos is what happens when a team can put up 20-30 points against them. Almost no way Tebow can win that kind of game. Seriously, if Sanchez wasn't so terrible, the Broncos would have lost by 3 scores last night. I can see them losing big to the Charges next week.

I think the team management really has a big problem on their hands. Tebow will get them enough wins that it will be really hard to get rid of him (especially considering his fan support), but Elway & co. have to know that there's no way they can make it through a playoff round with that kind of offense.

Yeah I agree, but I don't think it was just the Lions offense why they lost so bad against them, he could not do a thing against those heavy blitzes. I don't see him beating San Diego. I think they need a huge wake up call, even if they lose to Chicago, they should finally get their act together for a divisional game.

The Broncos really screwed up by bowing down to their fans. Someone at work was arguing me that today, how you're supposed to please the fans before thinking of anything else, and I had to remind them of the Favre incident with GB. They could have easily bowed down to the fans and made us happy, but they wanted to actually build a team around the future, which really paid off for us despite a losing season in 2008.

When you bow down to your fans like that, you can't turn back now, no matter how bad Tebow is playing putting up ugly stats, they win a few games to please the fans, and now they are stuck. Too late now though.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Fan Forum

General Green Bay Packer Football Discussion - current roster, coaches, matchups, trades, free agency and everything else to do with the Pack. One rule, there is no smack talk allowed in this forum, just the facts!

You all seem to be more interested in Tebow than this Sundays game...I don't get it

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Von Miller deserves more credit for this win too. He abused Wayne Hunter all night. Hunter kinda sucks and Miller kinda doesn't so that was a key match up going into this game.

I give Tebow some credit, he does have intangibles and stats can't measure those. I never hated him either. If you hate him you should hate the media and not him IMO because he is a good kid. I have always been pretty neutral on Timmy and still am. No hate or love from me. At least he is shedding some excitement though into what I feel is a lackluster AFC this season so I don't mind it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Fan Forum

General Green Bay Packer Football Discussion - current roster, coaches, matchups, trades, free agency and everything else to do with the Pack. One rule, there is no smack talk allowed in this forum, just the facts!

You all seem to be more interested in Tebow than this Sundays game...I don't get it
Because it's not Sunday yet and we gotta have something to discuss about football.
And at this time there are 20 more replies to the Battle of the Bays game then there is to this one. So folks are more interested in discussing Sunday's game then they are about Timmy Tbag.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problem with Tebow is that he has become a parody of himself. It almost like he knows that if he doesn't remind people that he is christen every 5 minutes they might figure out that he should actually be a TE or RB, not a full time QB. And that is the thing, Denver is hurting themselves in the long run. Remember when the Wild Cat was all the rage? Yeah, that worked real well for awhile, then everyone figured it out and now it is a joke. Same thing with the Tebow offense. They will surprise people long enough to keep Timmy Tebow around for a couple of years. They will be so far behind everyone else this is going to take a LONG time to clean up, staining the rep of everyone involved.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved Reggie White for having a good character outside of the league, but he didn't get in the end zone and pray, or do a prayer after every sack. It's cool to be religious outside your profession but I think with Tebow he pushes it a bit over the edge.
Reggie White led prayer after every single game, on the football field. And he usually had about 20 people from the opposing team doing it with him and the Packers, Robert Brooks and others.

If any of you follow Twitter, you're aware that Greg Jennings, Nick Collins, Tramon Williams, CJ Wilson, and Mike Neal always write scriptures to their followers.

Rodgers always points to God in the sky after touchdowns. He doesn't do that to point to the clouds or stars. Same with Jennings, and he's prayed on one knee after every touchdown as a Packer.

I sure hope those things don't offend anyone.

I am positive I can throw the football better than Tebow can.
But so can Mark Sanchez, yet Tebow outplayed, and outclutched Sanchez and he helped his team get a W while Sanchez led his team to a L. Tebow probably won't last if he relies so much on his running and doesn't dramatically improve his throwing.
But this guy has done nothing but win at every level, and his high school level in Florida was better than the talent you see on teams like the University of Minnesota. He was one of the greatest 10 college football players ever.

IMO, 90% of the Tebow hate is a result of him being a Christian. That's why I root extra hard for him, and why tons of others do. It's also part of the reason why his jersey sales were #1 in the NFL when he was a rookie and had never started a game in the NFL yet.
Again, he's 3-1 as a starter right now for a poor offense, on a team that's been bad for a few years.
Aikman, Manning, and Elway all threw beautiful balls, but none of them won more than 3 games their first year as a starter. Just saying.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
IMO, 90% of the Tebow hate is a result of him being a Christian.
Sorry, I have to disagree with this. I have not heard but a few idiots even bring this up. Most people hate him because he sucks as a QB in the NFL. Oh yeah, he was great in college. But his game does not translate well to the NFL. If he makes it great, if he doesn't oh well. His religious beliefs mean little as to how he plays the game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The only thing that is annoying at times is the "I told you mentality" with Tebow. Either he wins his supporters say "I told you so" or when he loses "I told you so" from his haters. Look, we all know the guy is not a good NFL QB, but so far he has won games as a starter. I just think people at times want or wait for him to lose. The Broncos probably will lose when they play a few better teams soon. The Broncos really are not that great but so far I give them credit under Tebow for actually winning games and trying hard every week, I could only dream that the Colts put in the same effort this year that the Broncos under Tebow put in.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts on Tim Tebow:

On the field:
Not a traditional NFL QB. He, so far, cannot make the simple throws and seems to run for as much if not more yardage than he throws for. I think that he will be figured out in fairly short order, just as Vick was. He will have to adapt a bit, and become more of a traditional QB, or change positions. He should play to his strengths, but not let his strengths become his weaknesses.
On the flip side of that coin, he seems to be coming up big when needed, mostly. He got the big throw and run on Thursday late in the game, and ended up scoring the go-ahead TD. The man has heart and determination and that cannot be taught at any level of competitive sports, you are born with that.

Off the field:
Firstly, I have my own thoughts on religion that I will not delve into on this forum, but I think he might be "hiding behind" God a bit much. If you want to take a knee after a touchdown and thank God, fine. He seems to go well above and beyond that point. I am not saying this is a "bad" thing, but personally I find it a bit much.
Secondly, from what I have heard, read, and think of him he seems to be the kind of guy that really takes care of the fans. That is a great trait to have. I hope he never loses that, and I don't think he will. He just seems like the kind of guy that, even if he won 5 super bowls in a row (and lets hope doesn't, being Packers fans and all!), had every major endorsement deal he could possibly get, and then won the lotto on top of it all he would still get down in the dirt to pick someone up, and give him/her the shirt off of his back if that is what was needed. He would still toss the football around to fans of all ages in the streets of Denver.

Now. could I be wrong about Tim all together? Damn straight I could. But I hope I am right about him being an all-around good person. In the end, after all the smoke has cleared and the dust has settled, being a GREAT PERSON is more important that being a GOOD NFL QB.

'Nuff said.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Firstly, I have my own thoughts on religion that I will not delve into on this forum, but I think he might be "hiding behind" God a bit much.

I do agree this can be the case. I tend to mind it less though with a player then a head coach for some reason. I had this debate in the past with many Colts fans. While I respected Tony Dungy and all he did I sometimes got a bit irritated at how much religion he imposed at times. He is not nicknamed "St. Dungy" by some opposing fans for nothing. Good man but sometimes a bit overboard IMO.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White led prayer after every single game, on the football field. And he usually had about 20 people from the opposing team doing it with him and the Packers, Robert Brooks and others.

If any of you follow Twitter, you're aware that Greg Jennings, Nick Collins, Tramon Williams, CJ Wilson, and Mike Neal always write scriptures to their followers.

Rodgers always points to God in the sky after touchdowns. He doesn't do that to point to the clouds or stars. Same with Jennings, and he's prayed on one knee after every touchdown as a Packer.

I do agree this can be the case. I tend to mind it less though with a player then a head coach for some reason. I had this debate in the past with many Colts fans. While I respected Tony Dungy and all he did I sometimes got a bit irritated at how much religion he imposed at times. He is not nicknamed "St. Dungy" by some opposing fans for nothing. Good man but sometimes a bit overboard IMO.
I'm not offended because all those Packers from Reggie White to Aaron Rodgers are doing it in subtle ways.
Honestly, I never made the connection that A-Rod was acknowledging god when he points to the sky until you pointed it out.
Why not? Because he doesn't wear his faith on his sleeve as Tim does.
When Tim gets down on one knee or he and his mom dictate to women what to do with their bodies, it reminds me how dogmatic and controlling religion can be and that pushes my buttons.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet the D-Fence of every team the Broncos are going to face from now on will be studying before the game on how to stop Timmy Tbag from rushing.
I think that all the rest of the Broncos opponents will want to be the first one to stop and beat Tbag just like all the remaining Packers foes will want to be the first to beat the SB champs on a winning streak.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Let's face it. Tim Tebow is a bit of a goody two shoes. He is a good guy but can annoy the heck out of people. I understand this. I am neutral on the guy but honestly at least he is entertaining....what other QB can play like crap/make no throws for an entire game and then lead a game winning drive over the Jets by mostly running?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tim Tebow as a man is different from Tim Tebow the NFL player. As a player I think he's fine. Not a good QB but unconventional enough to stir things up a little bit. He's getting an unbelievable amount of press coverage which tbh I don't mind either, because that means Rodgers get less, and the less Rodgers gets the less distractions he has to worry about and the more he can concentrate on what counts.

I strongly dislike it when NFL players become a walking advertisement for the Christian faith, especially when it comes to certain denominations of that faith which try to impose their morality on everybody, and especially given the fact that those denominations have chosen to politicize religion so much.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

I am positive I can throw the football better than Tebow can.
But so can Mark Sanchez, yet Tebow outplayed, and outclutched Sanchez and he helped his team get a W while Sanchez led his team to a L. Tebow probably won't last if he relies so much on his running and doesn't dramatically improve his throwing.
But this guy has done nothing but win at every level, and his high school level in Florida was better than the talent you see on teams like the University of Minnesota. He was one of the greatest 10 college football players ever.

IMO, 90% of the Tebow hate is a result of him being a Christian. That's why I root extra hard for him, and why tons of others do. It's also part of the reason why his jersey sales were #1 in the NFL when he was a rookie and had never started a game in the NFL yet.
Again, he's 3-1 as a starter right now for a poor offense, on a team that's been bad for a few years.
Aikman, Manning, and Elway all threw beautiful balls, but none of them won more than 3 games their first year as a starter. Just saying.

No, 90% of the Tebow hate isn't because he's Christian, do you look at stats? You would clearly see, he is a horrible passer. Stats don't lie...It has NOTHING to do with his religion, look at his stats, and he is god awful as a passer. That is why everyone is sick to death of hearing the constant media drool fest of him. A kid goes out and wins 6 games as a rookie, throws a beautiful ball, completes his passes, puts TD's on the board, and they are more worried about a few interceptions to blame it on him for losing to the Steelers (Dalton). Tebow has yet to complete 50% of his passes in a single game, and he gets ALL the credit, despite their defense getting turnovers, and despite the fact in the Miami game, they were down mostly due to his poor play. Religion has nothing to do with it, when you can't complete passes yet get more media coverage than the real rookie quarterbacks out there trying as hard as they can.

I don't think Tebow out played Sanchez to be honest with ya, Sanchez threw a pick which is his trademark in the NFL, throwing pick sixes, but he did have a better completion percentage than Tebow. Down the line, Tebow can't run forever. The Lions were smart enough to shut him down and force him to throw, and so far we know he's a terrible passer, while he's getting all the media love, eventually it's going to back fire. John Fox can run the ball every down until he hurts every player he has at the RB position, but eventually they'll be playing defenses that shut down the run, and force you to pass.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell were 10x worse than Tebow is....... at least Tebow has made great plays as a runner.
I'd like to compare Tebow's passer rating in his first, what, 6 starts only of his career compared to the passing stats of:
Vick, V Young, Steve Young, Elway, Leaf, Russell, Alex Smith, Aikman.

If it's solely based on performance, then tell me why the Tebow hate is 100x the furor of those other guys?
I don't have time to dig out all the stats, but those above-mentioned QBs sucked their first full year. And they lost all their games, except Vince Young who too can't throw but did make plays with his legs to help get W's.

Again, Tebow is a lightning rod.
He does irritate a lot of non-Christians.
And because the US Media is Jewish-controlled, they force-feed all of that to us all the time because they are well-aware of the religion- aspect of Tebow.

The sad thing is people dislike or hate the guy when he's never done anything bad.
He's not taken drugs like tons of players. He's not screwed a thousand girls like the Magic Johnsons or Mike ****** Vick or Tiger Woods. He's not texted his ****** to someone else while being married. He's not ran over drunk, and killed anyone like Leonard Little or Donte Stallworth. He's not been arrested like John Jolly. He's not whined and *****ed like Desean Jackson about money.
Nothing bad.... just too much good?

This guy was a living legend before he even got to college, in the state of Florida. And that is the #1 or #2 state for high school football.
Great show on Tebow:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I love Tebow. He's cutsy, he's clutch, and he's a great strong runner. He's a bad passer though, but not a horrible quarterback. But he's not a good QB either... but somehow he finds ways to get wins where the previous guy, who threw a lovely pass, didn't.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I have to disagree with this. I have not heard but a few idiots even bring this up. Most people hate him because he sucks as a QB in the NFL. Oh yeah, he was great in college. But his game does not translate well to the NFL. If he makes it great, if he doesn't oh well. His religious beliefs mean little as to how he plays the game.

There are a lot of QBs that suck in the NFL. Why is Tebow singled out? His religion may not be 100% why people hate him, but its a majority of it, and the fact he is all over the media.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No, 90% of the Tebow hate isn't because he's Christian…
IMO you and others who share this opinion are kidding yourselves. Why would fans around the league hate Tebow because he’s a bad QB? For example, I have loved the parade of bad QBs who have started for the Bears over the past quarter century plus (and was disappointed when they got Cutler – not so much today). To the degree I think about them, I’m indifferent about the bad QBs in the league: Their contrast with the Packers QB only makes me appreciate being a Packers fan more and that’s about it. Why would any fans, other than Bronco fans, hate him for being bad?

In addition to his success during his college career, Tebow came under the national spotlight by doing a pro-life commercial with his mother. What issue has been more divisive than abortion since the mid 1970s? That not only elevated him in the national conscience but brought more press attention to him. As I posted earlier, unfortunately Christian bashing is all too well accepted today, in spite of the otherwise “politically correct” atmosphere in which we live. IMO one or two posters here is obviously engaging in that. There have bad pro QBs since the beginning of pro football. Why all the attention aimed at Tebow?

And because the US Media is Jewish-controlled...
I have been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately it’s pretty clear PackersRS was correct and you base at least some of your opinions on race. It looks to me that if Tebow were black you would have lumped him in with the black QBs you bashed in another thread. And now you add anti-Semitism. Here’s a heads up: Jesus and nearly all of his early followers were ****.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately it’s pretty clear PackersRS was correct and you base at least some of your opinions on race.

It looks to me that if Tebow were black you would have lumped him in with the black QBs you bashed in another thread. And now you add anti-Semitism. Here’s a heads up: Jesus and nearly all of his early followers were ****.
It is anti-Semitism to know that a disproportionate amount of media execs are Jewish folks? Really?
Is it sexist to know that the majority of Fotune 500 CEOs are male?
Or racist to know that a disproportionate amount of NFL corunerbacks are black?

Seriously?
Let's move this stuff to a new thread location here, and try and leave the talk to our boy Jordy!
We just forced a punt and take over for the first time vs Tampa Bay. We almost had two picks there already....

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts