Tim Masthay

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, this isn't your usual thread about our punter. I was reading through his bio and took note of how much of a decorated athlete his was in high school. It made me think about our depleted WR corps last season. I know that they would never risk putting our punter out at WR, but it could have been an interesting experiment had things gotten bad enough....think of Sterling Sharpe as the emergency QB, etc....

http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Tim-Masthay/f9c4c66c-11c0-44d8-a510-e7e2029c343e
One of the most decorated and dynamic athletes in Kentucky high school history, he graduated as an all-state football player, all-state soccer player, all-region baseball player and four-year letterman in basketball at Murray High School…Appeared as a K, P, WR and KR in football, earning first-team all-state honors following his senior season in 2004 from both The Associated Press and the Louisville Courier-Journal…Converted 7 of 8 field goals and booted 41 of his 66 kickoffs for touchbacks…On offense, totaled 49 catches for 1,121 yards and 15 TDs, leading all receivers in his classification and ranking third overall in the state…Also returned two kickoffs for TDs and ran back an INT for a score…Participated in football for the first time as a junior in 2003 and was an honorable mention all-state selection…Was a four-year letterman as a center midfielder in soccer, garnering first-team all-state acclaim as a senior and second-team all-state as a junior…Pitched and played CF in baseball where he was an all-region choice and lettered all four years…Averaged 18 points per game in basketball…

fritothedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Tebow line up as a receiver once? How did that work out again?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Latest posts