Tim Masthay... Punter of the Future?

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is when you know the wait is too much and pre season is so close but so far away, posting a thread about a punter.

But I am really curious.

Just read packerreport.com and the day's notes. Other than a few fights and Crosby missing a bunch of field goals but making his mulligans, they talked about Masthay and his average was a little over 54 yards a punt with a 67 yard bomb. Bryant was 43.6 or something. I was just curious, but is this guy actually good enough to be the punter of the future? Looking at those numbers it does make one wonder, and honestly a 54 yard average is pretty decent even if it is camp. Pre season will tell alot.

Any opinions?

Just looking to start a conversation that isn't Favre, defense, or Harrell related. But personally I am excited to see him in the PS, it'd be nice to have stability and consistency on that end of the ST.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought I read something after day 1 of TC that Masthay had incredible distance, but Bryant had better hang time and that they are looking for the hang time over the distance. I could have misread though. Anyway hang time > distance when punting though.

PApackersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah you want hang time unless your at your own 1yd line, then punt that bish 99yds lol. But Crosby is a good kicker, he was my fantasy kicker last yr and he gave me a bunch of pts, maybe cuz we could never get in the end zone so we always kicked and most our games came down to the last 2-4mins even secs. I have faith in crosby, pressure doesnt seem to bother him he just f*cks up kicks every now n then. reguardless who our punter is though in the future as long as they get the job done thats all that matters....right?!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I read something after day 1 of TC that Masthay had incredible distance, but Bryant had better hang time and that they are looking for the hang time over the distance. I could have misread though. Anyway hang time > distance when punting though.

I too read this, can't remember where though. I think I read though that the reporter corrected themself and said that the hangtimes were only marginally different, but I guess that bit of difference could mean a lot.

Members online

Latest posts