Thoughts on greedy

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to know what you guys think we should do about Greedy next year. After watching the first 5 games, it looks like we have some improving talent on the DL. It is my opinion though that he has played well enough to warrant something like a 2 year extension so we can keep using him to plug up the middle until Cole is large enough to completely take over that job. Just curious what the general attitude is.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we sign Gravy (I call him that because he's HUGE...hehe) to a contract extension, it should be incentive-laden. The guy's knees have got to be about to give out with that load bearing on them and he only plays a small percentage of plays in a game. Anyway, just a thought but I agree that he is playing better as the season gets underway and it would be worth a look.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree ND. I also agree with the gravy moniker. Not sure about the greedy comment though. I may have missed something but to me he gives everything he can to this team and I don't remember hem wanting to break the bank. The man won't be able to walk by the time he's 45. I'm not sure I would make that sacrifice for the money he gets.

spillage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I'm curious as to why you call him Greedy.

I also am curious, I would say Grady is anything but greedy. The last few years he has been the difference maker on D, when he was out the Pack lost every game. He didn't hold out and claim he wasn't being paid what he was worth. I believe Hunt was making more $ than Jackson. McCenzie or Hunt may be greedy but not not Grady. I think Grady has done what Gilbert did as a run stopper and Grady collapses the pocket better on the pass rush. Why doesn't he get the love?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hoos calls him greedy because he's a huge effin ingrate..that's why...

pay the man what he's worth..it ain't your money...

anybody who sacrificed their body for the game would understand that these men deserve to get paid....

this ain't no fantasy football league..

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed - one year at a time....

Also -You guys are forgetting about COLIN COLE... only an est. 20-25 pounds difference, according to Player's stats. I see COLE as the new Packers Nose Tackle... with a vengeance!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grady has been a nice pick up by the Pack. He did complain a little bit about his contract, but who wouldn't be PO'd playing next to Hunt, doing a much better job and making 1/5 the money. Unless we are going into a full scale rebuild mode, I believe we should keep Grady around a year or two.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spillage said:
DePack said:
I'm curious as to why you call him Greedy.

I also am curious, I would say Grady is anything but greedy. The last few years he has been the difference maker on D, when he was out the Pack lost every game. He didn't hold out and claim he wasn't being paid what he was worth. I believe Hunt was making more $ than Jackson. McCenzie or Hunt may be greedy but not not Grady. I think Grady has done what Gilbert did as a run stopper and Grady collapses the pocket better on the pass rush. Why doesn't he get the love?

i have a feeling you guys, along with P@ck66, will be singing a different tune when he's holding out after the season. you all couldn't have forgotten the stink he was making as August drew closer..the only reason he didn't make a huge spectacle was because he couldn't...remember? the offseason loan that negated all of his contract whining?

I like Grady as a player, but make no mistake about his character. he gives 2 ***** about the Packers. that awfully ill-advised contract fuss he was making was supposed to be an attempt to capitalize on all of the uncertainty the front office was dealing with at the time..it just happened to backfire on him due to a technicality.

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
hoos calls him greedy because he's a huge effin ingrate..that's why...

pay the man what he's worth..it ain't your money...

anybody who sacrificed their body for the game would understand that these men deserve to get paid....

this ain't no fantasy football league..

I call him greedy because he made a fuss this year about his contract and he looks like the kind of guy that would clean out the buffet before you got a chance to get anything. I also said that I think he's earned another contract and I'm not saying we shouldn't give him fair market value. No reason to get all worked up.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to make a decision like this one because a GM could step up to the plate and give him the big deal he's looking for and the fans could watch the fallout after multiple knee surgeries, etc, etc... I guess then we get to be a hypocrite and blame the GM for making such a bonehead move, right? Many moves look really, really good until one gets to look back with 20/20 hindsight. I still remember Joe Johnson and how people thought that was a good move including myself. Well, we know how that story played out. I think Grady deserves a deal but it needs to be heavy on incentives. Just to pay a 30+ year old DT with bad knees doesn't seem to make sense unless the Packers are guaranteed some things in return IMHO.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially, when we have viable alternative(s) waiting in the wings, along with who's applying for the Draft, as we speak..... I have no doubt that TT is already miles ahead of anyone here on this issue.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said I would like to see him resigned. But if he's going to make a fuss or overvalue himself the remainder of his time in GB will be very short. He can contribute, but he is not a key player anymore.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, Grady Jackson might not be with the Packer next year. He is needed this year but with all the experience the young players are getting, I am sure Packers are considering a young player to take Grady's place next year. The Packers will not give him a big reporting bonus and big contract, if they were to resign him.

Members online

Latest posts