Thoughts on Costas' Celebration Rant

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
What did you think about Bob Costas' halftime piece on player celebrations?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
reminds me of the 1st few minutes of the movie "BaseKetball".

I personally think some of the flair players take it too far. I hate to say it, but I think someday soon the Lambeau Leap will fall in to the unsportsmanlike category.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is something about Bob Costas I don't like.
To me, he comes across as smug and with an "I am never, ever wrong and am always right in everything I say" attitude.
I disagree with him. I don't have a problem with players celebrating. A TD can be a tough thing to do. So why not celebrate it? It's fine as long as it's not an "In your face, opposing team." type of thing.
Players should have the right to express themselves.

And I can't tell if Bob or NBC is OK or not with the Lambeau Leap since they show it.
It's not as excessive as the other ones. So why find something wrong with it?
And not all players still go nuts. Some just hand the ball to the ref and then embrace, jump and high five the team mates.
Why doesn't Bob acknowledge those who do it right in his eyes instead of complaining about all the others?
Give credit where it's due.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I really think they are getting stupid with the over the edge celebrations.

Just the other night, Brandon Jacobs scored a TD and taunted the entire Saints defense, you scored a TD WOW!! YOU'RE STILL LOSING *******!!! And as usual, no flags, (only flags when it's the players the refs hate)

There is nothing wrong with the Lambeau leap

The thing that really gets me is the Me Me Me players, like DeSean Jackson. It's almost like the NBA, if I want to watch guys score and act like they are king kong, I will watch the selfish indulgence of ignorance in the NBA. DeSean can't just score, he has to have some big celebration like Terrell Owens. As funny as T.O. was when he mocked the Cowboys on the star, yeah it was funny as a Dallas hater, you have to admit that is just going waaaaaaaay over board. It's every where today, and it gets old. It's cool to be excited, but keep it in your character, don't pull a "Look at me I just scored a touchdown!" like Stevie Johnson did in the Jets game, before he blew the game by dropping the game winning pass.

Members online

Latest posts