Thoughts About Last Week's Game

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Just another rundown of my thoughts on the game:

- Take the FG on the first drive. It's not as if we have to score touchdowns to keep pace with the Broncos. I'm also never a fan of taking the ball that far off of the LOS in short-yardage situations.

- Chuck Woodson is still so good. Saw the route the whole way and broke on it perfectly. One of my favorite players to watch even at 35 years old.

- I'll give some credit to Shawn Slocum, who should still be fire, for recognizing the flaw in the Broncos' kick return team. Props to McCarthy for being aggressive as well.

- The offense kept their foot on the pedal the entire game. Though I wish we wouldn't expose Rodgers on dropbacks late in the 4th quarter when we're up by 20+.

- Starks has really improved in the passing game, both blocking and receiving.

- Great read by Rodgers to recognize man coverage and quickly take off. One of the many brilliant plays he made in the game.

- Top three individual performance for Rodgers. Right up there with the Falcons playoff game and the Super Bowl. First QB to ever throw for 4 TDs and run for 2 in the same game. Incredible.

- Rodgers is the best player in the league right now and I'm not sure how close it is. Calvin Johnson is having an amazing year but he's limited in that he doesn't play QB.

- The tipped pass INT was frustrating, Rodgers was so close to having an absolute perfect game.

- Jermichael Finley makes his money as a receiver but he absolutely decked a DE by just throwing his shoulder into the guy on a chip block. I've seen him do this a few times in his career.

- The tackles struggled a little bit with Miller and Dumervil off the edge but those two are really good pass-rushers. Nothing too concerning.

- Pass defense is still really shaky. Sam Shields was yanked at one point and Brandon Lloyd had a field day on us. Men in motion seem to blow our defenders' minds and they just forget their assignments. Charlie Peprah still struggling.

- Zero pass rush again. Matthews gets doubled and nobody else steps up. If we are able to get pressure, it will have to come from blitzes. Des Bishop is a great blitzer and I hope to see him more involved next week.

- Des Bishop has the best celebrations after big plays. That guy has so much swag and is a really good linebacker.

Coming into the season, I thought the Falcons game would be one of the two or three toughest games. I don't feel that way now. It should be a competitive game but ATL has really struggled this year and I bet we'll be favored into the game.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Atlanta don't have much of a defense either when they let the Seahawks come all the way back and nearly beat them.

Just as I predicted, the Falcons were very overrated benefiting from an easy schedule last season. Now it ain't happening for them.

We'll beat them but we'll give up a lot of points.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts