Those clever Minnesota Vikings

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By Don Walker
Wednesday, Jun 25 2008, 12:40 PM

The Minnesota Vikings are selling tickets to their Nov. 9 home game against the Green Bay Packers, but the game is being packaged as a two-game mini-pack.

Fans purchasing tickets to the game must also buy a ticket to the Aug. 8 exhibition opener against the Seattle Seahawks at the Metrodome.

The Vikings' gambit may very well cut down on the number of Packers' fans who wanted to see the game in Minneapolis.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
havent they done this for a while?

Yes, they have done it for as long as I have been a season ticket holder, which is a pretty long time.

It is not uncommon by any means - many NFL teams bundle their single game tickets with a preseason game. The Packers don't sell single game tickets, which is probably why some of you haven't heard of it before.

Actually, usually both of the preseason games are packaged with another regular season game. Since this year they are only packaging the Packers game, my guess is after the Seahawks game they will start packaging the Packers game with the remaining Steelers tickets (the other preseason game).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not unusual.
Lots of teams can only get fans to buy tickets if they force them!!!
We of course have NEVER had to do that. Our games sell out no matter what.

Zeus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not unusual.

You seem so proud to live in a state where there's nothing to do.

=Z=

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not unusual.

Kinda what the NJ Devils used to do for their games (until they moved into their sleek new stadium). The old Continental was too difficult to get to. No mass transit. Now that they are in a new stadium that is easy to get to by the NJ Transit trains, attendance is much better. Of course this is all hearsay for me, because I'm a Rangers fan.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iowa State and Minnesota (the Gophers) did that to Iowa fans I think. I disagree with that I dont think thats right.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
It's not unusual.

=Z=

that might sting (but probably not) if you were a fan of the Giants or the Chargers. but you cheer for a team from Minnesota. Minnesota. say it one more time. Minnesota.

The only thing there is to do in Minnesota that you can't do in Wisconsin is swat mosquitos while dreaming of ever seeing your team win a Super Bowl.

=PN=

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zeus said:
cheesey said:
It's not unusual.

=Z=

that might sting (but probably not) if you were a fan of the Giants or the Chargers. but you cheer for a team from Minnesota. Minnesota. say it one more time. Minnesota.

The only thing there is to do in Minnesota that you can't do in Wisconsin is swat mosquitos while dreaming of ever seeing your team win a Super Bowl.

=PN=

You've obviously never been to Minnesota, huh? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts