Thompson ready for Brett to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Favre should come back, get it done and over with. Honestly Favre did a lot more good to the Packers organization than bad. Once his number is retired and put up in the stadium the announcers will say something for half the season making us see it probably every quarter, then by the time when the season is nearly over they'll refer to the number being retired when the announcers are bored and trying to come up with something.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we rename the bathrooms after Brett?
Yeah, and have a #4 as a ****** target and/or urine cakes in the shape of a 4.
And TP with the #4 printed on each sheet.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were running the Packers organization, then I would allow Brent back but only on the following conditions.

1) Packers win another SB with A-Rod. That should remove some of the sting the fans feel about Burnt.
It will truly show who is the better Packer QB between the two even though right now it's A-Rod.

2) He owns his mistakes and apologizes for:
Going to the Vikings just to get back at the Packers and it's fans.
Giving away Packers playing secrets to other teams.
Saying the Vikings team was the best team he'd ever been on.
(C'mon man! Just talking smack. The SB Pack wasn't his best team?
They helped you get your one and only SB ring you dumb cement headed moron.)

Once those things were done, I'd let him back for his special big day.
Until those things happened, a back up QB gets to wear #4.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I still think this is such a big thing to the fans that TT should ask THEM. If the fans dont want him honored, no honor and he can slink off into the swamp where he belongs.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't give two hoots how they elect how they address the "Favre issue". The Packers are going to do what they want to do anyway. If it were my choice, he'd be on the Ring when placed in the Hall of Fame, but, I don't think his number should be retired...but...my world will keep spinning regardless. I am completely and utterly indifferent at this juncture. That's just me though ...

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think this is such a big thing to the fans that TT should ask THEM. If the fans dont want him honored, no honor and he can slink off into the swamp where he belongs.

I think without fans being asked it's already well know that the fans are split on the matter so that would just cause more arguments. I just want it over and done with, I was sick of this subject a long time ago.

I

I think without fans being asked it's already well know that the fans are split on the matter so that would just cause more arguments. I just want it over and done with, I was sick of this subject a long time ago.
Fair comment. I'm fine until his name comes up and that rattles me.:tup:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair comment. I'm fine until his name comes up and that rattles me.:tup:
It's just too soon. Way too flippin soon to even be thinking about when he comes to Green Bay to be honored.

Yes, he was great, fun to watch as a Packer, but then he made his own bed and he needs to lie in it for a long time.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a great idea!
And to take it a step further, all of the owners should vote or have a say in this.
Then that way, they will really be Packers owners helping to make a non-crucial team decision.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
That's a great idea!
And to take it a step further, all of the owners should vote or have a say in this.
Then that way, they will really be Packers owners helping to make a non-crucial team decision.

I like the idea of the owners doing something like that. Yet it could be a double edge sword, part of the responsibility of an owner is not to be emotionally when making great decisions and fans tend to be emotional.

H

HardRightEdge

I think it would be a good idea to bring Favre back...as a backup for the vet minimum, no guarantees and no private dressing room.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually, the majority as evidenced by multiple polls in the past year have already said his number should be retired atsome point. Don't be mad about being in the minority when it inevitably happens.

I

Methinks you may be a bit too sensitive then.
Maybe ya right, but thats my perogative isn`t it ?. People are entitled to their own opinions but I`ll never welcome him back into the fold, and I dont think I`m the only one either.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe ya right, but thats my perogative isn`t it ?. People are entitled to their own opinions but I`ll never welcome him back into the fold, and I dont think I`m the only one either.

Isn't that kind of irrelevant since you have no say on who is welcomed back and who isn't? When the Packers do welcome him back (and they will) are you planning on complaining about it on a regular basis? I mean this whole argument over the inevitable is becoming a cumbersome drone and it takes two to keep it going. You're not going to stop it from happening in the not too distant future, so why not get over it in advance and let it go? Every minute you spend worrying about Brett Favre is a minute you could spend doing something more pleasant, is it not?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't that kind of irrelevant since you have no say on who is welcomed back and who isn't? When the Packers do welcome him back (and they will) are you planning on complaining about it on a regular basis? I mean this whole argument over the inevitable is becoming a cumbersome drone and it takes two to keep it going. You're not going to stop it from happening in the not too distant future, so why not get over it in advance and let it go? Every minute you spend worrying about Brett Favre is a minute you could spend doing something more pleasant, is it not?

One could say you spend to much time trying to convince him from changing his opinion?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One could say you spend to much time trying to convince him from changing his opinion?

Perhaps you would be right about that if that's what I was trying to do, but who said anything about changing anyone's opinion? I'm merely pointing out that this thing is going to happen regardless of anyone's opinion so what's the point in arguing about it in the first place other than to create more animosity here? I fail to see how arguing over this crap can benefit anyone. This whole topic is a petty waste of bandwidth. That is my point, not changing anyone's minds. It's silly. Anyway... Last I have to say about it. If others want to waste their precious time banging their heads on a brick wall, fine. I just generally try to advise people who are whacking their heads that it's usually not the best use of their time.

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I think Favre needs to do a bit of his part too. I think fans are very forgiving. He should just stop being stubborn(I know, it's Favre and that might be reaching). Just release some statement on espn saying something like how great the organization was to him and how going to Vikings was just him trying to keep playing and he knew they had to move on from a business point. I think something small will win him a lot of fans back and he could get him back into GB. As much as I hate the crap he pulled at the end of his career. Favre helped make the Packers relevant again and brought so many great memories

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
but who said anything about changing anyone's opinion?
so why not get over it in advance and let it go? Every minute you spend worrying about Brett Favre is a minute you could spend doing something more pleasant, is it not?

That is trying to change his opinion...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it helps watch these vids over and over and over again of the overrated loser who has tons of fumbles and INTs on his record.
Soooooo fitting that these were towards the end of his career and goes out this way.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
The Iron Man is now rusty and da Bears got him!
(One moment where you should love da Bears. Thanx guys.)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is trying to change his opinion...
Um... How so? Where did I ever say to him that he needs end his hatred toward Favre? I merely said none of us has any control over what happens, so what's the point of arguing? That's not trying to change anyone's opinions. Does he not try to changes the opinions of others on this worn out subject? I agree with jaybadger or whomever it was who said this topic should be locked until something is done. Maybe you could make an official "Brett Favre Love/Hate Thread" and pin it up out of the way of the relevant Packer discussion regarding the actual team so its not a constant distraction. The only thing it's good for is petty bickering and creating animosity between what should be friends.

I

HE doesn`t try to change anybodies opinion. HE agrees that this one subject divides the entire Packer fan base, and HE was infact the one that suggested that Favre threads might be better avoided to stop arguements boiling up.
HE however tires of pro Favre groups telling us we need to forgive and forget everything he did and said about and to the Packer organisation. HE can assure you that he doesn`t go around thinking about Favre all day as he has more important things to think about, but HE is not the only one who feels as strongly about this subject. They`ll do what they have to do, but WE don`t have to like it.;)

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I don't believe Bill is complaining on a regular basis, nor is he "worrying" about it. The topic was brought up in yet another thread and Bill's taking the time to state his comments on the topic. It's great you choose to take the road that so many other fans have taken in the past with your "you need to get over it" remarks, (gee, we've never heard that one before), but frankly I don't think anyone needs to "get over" anything.

Favre is a horse's *** who worked overtime trying to screw this team and fanbase, that's not something people will forget anytime soon, nor will we "get over" it.

Yes the team will do the inevitable and retire the man's number. No the fans will not pretend everything he did after storming off like the petulant child he is has suddenly been forgiven and now we're all one big happy family, this despite your sage advice to "get over it."

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No the fans will not pretend everything he did after storming off like the petulant child he is has suddenly been forgiven and now we're all one big happy family, this despite your sage advice to "get over it."

So now you speak for all of "the fans" as of they all agree with you? If only you knew how sad this really is...and no, that's not directed at anyone in particular nor am I going to elaborate. Life's too damn short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts