Thompson made the right call

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SUPER BOWL XLV

Pittsburgh Steelers 25 vs. Green Bay Packers 31

Sunday, February 6, 2011

That is since 2010

If you wish to laud Ted as a brilliant GM I'm sure you can find the Bears fan forum quite quickly, though you may become super mod a bit slower. Me, I'll stay right here call it the way I see it, and be proven right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you wish to laud Ted as a brilliant GM I'm sure you can find the Bears fan forum quite quickly, though you may become super mod a bit slower. Me, I'll stay right here call it the way I see it, and be proven right.

Reminder as I've said it before the NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately'

Fire Patriots staff

New Orleans too

Colts too

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Didnt say he was brilliant..Again saying I said something, when I didnt..

He is far from perfect, he has had issues getting o-l, and the back up q.b situation...

But he has done better than the past GM that is for sure

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didnt say he was brilliant..Again saying I said something, when I didnt..

He is far from perfect, he has had issues getting o-l, and the back up q.b situation...

But he has done better than the past GM that is for sure

Never argued that he was worse than Sherman. Saying Ted needs to go now because he really hasn't improved the team in areas that he's needed to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Never argued that he was worse than Sherman. Saying Ted needs to go now because he really hasn't improved the team in areas that he's needed to.

10 out of 19 draft picks in last 2 years all on defense...He knows the def was horrible..

Same argument that he didnt try to improve..He has tried..

Dont use free agency as we all know he doesnt use it (another fault he has that I dont like )

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Ted has single-handedly benched Aaron. Like I suspect he had done in Dallas in '07, which lead to the 'press conference'

Do you know this as a fact, or supposition ?? If the medical team have concerns over Rodgers collarbone, thats good enough for me. Risking our STAR players health if a DOCTOR says he isn`t fit enough to play is just plain stupid. Thompson cant win either way. If he risked playing Rodgers, and he got injured again, he`d get **** for doing that.
Thompson isn`t perfect, and I`m not stupid enough to believe he is but ffs, who else could do his job ?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ted has single-handedly benched Aaron. Like I suspect he had done in Dallas in '07, which lead to the 'press conference'

What a minute..

Now there is a NEW report

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...s-was-never-close-playing-pittsburgh-steelers

Dr. Patrick McKenzie's unwillingness to give Rodgers' medical clearance and there was no real organizational decision about it. It was a medical decision.

So now it isnt Ted, but the Dr..

Would they get their story right

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know this as a fact, or supposition ?? If the medical team have concerns over Rodgers collarbone, thats good enough for me. Risking our STAR players health if a DOCTOR says he isn`t fit enough to play is just plain stupid. Thompson cant win either way. If he risked playing Rodgers, and he got injured again, he`d get **** for doing that.
Thompson isn`t perfect, and I`m not stupid enough to believe he is but ffs, who else could do his job ?

At least 5 on this forum alone could do it better ;)

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Unless UNLESS, the doctor has a cure all for collar bones it's (OMG) Flynn from here to eternity, so he had better get his ***out there with these receivers and get this right,or he will be forever the back up goat...

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I would love to have TT's job in this economy, Hell the worst that can happen is getting FIRED, with a nice severance package, that I can easily wipe the EGG off my face……(Sarcasm)

D

Deleted member 6794

10 out of 19 draft picks in last 2 years all on defense...He knows the def was horrible..

The problem though is that it seems to me like he´s lost some magic in evaluating talent (maybe that has something to do with losing Schneider, McKenzie and Dorsey over the last few years). It seems like only two of those guys he has drafted in the last 2 years are impact players (Hayward, Daniels), that´s the same amount of defense draftees that aren´t even on the team anymore.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
As long as TT is better than Matt Millen and Dan Snyder, there will always be people that use that as a crutch. Without AR, its very clear, TT would be flipping burgers. You can take that as a bad thing, but its just reality and its not limited to TT. There are a bunch of teams that have similar characteristics. Take Michael Jordan, Oneal, and Bryant away from Phil Jackson. Take Manning away from Polian. Its not bad to be a GM that went out and got Manning and lived with his success. I don't see TT having targeted AR and getting "his man" any more that bellichek went out and "got his man" in Brady. TT was luck that AR fell to him and now he's lucky to have him. Without him, he really hasn't done squat. CM3 may be a great athlete, but to me, if you can't stay on the field, you really can't produce. The list of NFL players that had the talent but didn't produce is long. This year it appear that we have half a CM3 for half a year.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM3 may be a great athlete, but to me, if you can't stay on the field, you really can't produce. The list of NFL players that had the talent but didn't produce is long. This year it appear that we have half a CM3 for half a year.

From 209 to 2011 Clay missed two games. He missed 4 games in 2012. The thumb injury he suffered this year is one of those freaky injuries.

He hasn't missed any more time than Von Miller, Jason Pierre-Paul, or Darmacus Ware.

Bus Cook

Reaction score
From 209 to 2011 Clay missed two games. He missed 4 games in 2012. The thumb injury he suffered this year is one of those freaky injuries.

He hasn't missed any more time than Von Miller, Jason Pierre-Paul, or Darmacus Ware.
Who's talking about 2009 or his high school career. I'm talking about now. He's out and has been out half this season. Four games last year, just makes it an increasing trend. That's not unlike many players as their age increases.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's talking about 2009 or his high school career. I'm talking about now. He's out and has been out half this season. Four games last year, just makes it an increasing trend. That's not unlike many players as their age increases.
Never mentioned high school Bus. I view the thumb injury as I stated as a freaky thing. Can you name another player who has broke his thumb once much less twice??

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Never mentioned high school Bus. I view the thumb injury as I stated as a freaky thing. Can you name another player who has broke his thumb once much less twice??

AND he injured his hand doing a damn fine job of doing what he`s paid to do.....it`s not as if he pulled a hammy or something. He injured it with a beast of a tackle. My two cents

Bus Cook

Reaction score
2009 and high school are the same thing. They're both not this year. I don't care if he borke his thumb 20 times while playing Monopoly. Not on the field = not good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts