Thompson made the right call

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Certainly it’s the GM’s job to look both short- and long-term (that’s one reason why it’s a mistake to have one man in both jobs as the HC should be focused on the next game). I have posted I don’t think Thompson would hold Rodgers out if Doc McKenzie clears him to play and I still believe that. However if that is the case and it’s because Demovsky’s hypothesis is correct (“even with Rodgers playing, a Super Bowl run is unlikely, given the team’s pistol-porous defense”) then Thompson better insist on big changes on the defensive side of the ball and IMO that should include replacing the DC.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way that Ted has decided the team cannot make a run and to pack it in by not starting Rodgers. Rodgers isn't healthy enough yet. I think it's ridiculous to suggest anything otherwise.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
However if that is the case and it’s because Demovsky’s hypothesis is correct (“even with Rodgers playing, a Super Bowl run is unlikely, given the team’s pistol-porous defense”) then Thompson better insist on big changes on the defensive side of the ball and IMO that should include replacing the DC.

Replacing the DC wouldn't break my heart, you know?

Honestly, I think Demovsky needed something to write -- and deadline was closing in fast -- so he just slapped an opinion piece together after listening to the callers to the Jim Rome Show.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know most people will disagree with me but if that is indeed his thought process, I find it appalling and disturbing and would say Ted needs to be shown the door. Ted's entire philosophy is build through the draft, hope the stars align and everything falls perfectly into place come playoff time and win the Super Bowl. This team did not look good enough to win the Super Bowl in 10' either. Neither of the Giants last 2 SB wins did the team look good enough to win the SB either. Giving up when you have a chance is unacceptable when you have Ted's philosophy.

Point being, if Ted does not even believe in his own philosophy anymore, why should anyone else?

Completely disagree, you saw the talent in the team in 2010. Same with the giants. You don't see that with this team. The defense got turnovers and made stops. We didn't always win but you saw a lot of potential. This team doesn't have any of that.

TT hasn't splurged in FA but to say he should be shown the door is ridiculous

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ted is a ******** MORON! If this team loses to the Bears that would be 4 losing seasons in 9 years. He's done NOTHING to fix the O-Line since he blew it up just minutes after he got here, and now the D stinks. On top of this HE'S the one behind Rodgers not playing? Come on lemmings, tell me why you think he should stay!

4?

8-8 isnt a losing season?

H

HardRightEdge

Completely disagree, you saw the talent in the team in 2010. Same with the giants. You don't see that with this team. The defense got turnovers and made stops. We didn't always win but you saw a lot of potential. This team doesn't have any of that.

TT hasn't splurged in FA but to say he should be shown the door is ridiculous

Yeah. I felt at the time that the 2010 Packer team or those Giants teams were underachieving in the regular season. Losing to NE on that lineman's 70 yard kickoff return was a particularly memorable example of letting one get away.

When this Packer team has briefly hit on all cylinders (or did that even happen?), I felt they were overachieving.

In the end, DAL and BALT are the only teams we've beaten this year with a chance of finishing over 0.500, and neither may accomplish that when the final tally is in.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted is a ******** MORON! If this team loses to the Bears that would be 4 losing seasons in 9 years. He's done NOTHING to fix the O-Line since he blew it up just minutes after he got here, and now the D stinks. On top of this HE'S the one behind Rodgers not playing? Come on lemmings, tell me why you think he should stay!

yes dedicating 1st round draft picks and picking up an all pro level guard is "NOTHING".

Moron? He put together the longest winning streak in packers history and a title. Ridiculous comment at best.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So 2006 was a winning above .500 winning percentage year?

It isnt a losing or winning season..But it was only 3 losing seasons in 9 years..

One season btw was his 1st year trying to clean up cap space crap..In most people's minds they dont really hold Ted to 2005 season..

So then you only have 2 losing seasons in 8 years...

But if you want to use losing seasons as a judge, you should use two NFCCG appearances with one SB win in those 8 years...Along with 4 straight playoff appearances

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isnt a losing or winning season..But it was only 3 losing seasons in 9 years..

One season btw was his 1st year trying to clean up cap space crap..In most people's minds they dont really hold Ted to 2005 season..

So then you only have 2 losing seasons in 8 years...

But if you want to use losing seasons as a judge, you should use two NFCCG appearances with one SB win in those 8 years...Along with 4 straight playoff appearances

All-Pro Guard? When was this? All I see is our interior line caving like wet toilet paper trying hold against a cannon ball. Wow, a Superbowl 4 years ago. Reminder as I've said it before the NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately' what Ted has done lately is draft a bust in Nick Perry, gone 15-1-DONE (Made NFL history on that one) signed Senecca Wallace (Which should be football's equivalent of a 4 letter word) as the back up. And is currently holding out Aaron Rodgers. TO ME this looks awfully familiar! And while yes you have a point on the winning/losing thing, with THIS organization where a coach once famously said 'Winning isn't everything it's the ONLY thing' if you don't have a winning percentage you have a LOSING percentage. Not to mention a 4th season without a playoff run in 9 years! Why do you insist on wanting what ISN'T best for this team?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I can`t believe this, we are still in the hunt here thanks to the Eagles. We only have to beat the Bears, who are as bad as us and then some, and we win the division. Some of the members on here have written us off ??? Call yourself fans ?? Its friggin disgusting :mad:

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just calling a ******** Moron a ******** Moron, and had evidence to back it up. I believe in this team, I just have lost all faith in the decision maker.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just calling a ******** Moron a ******** Moron, and had evidence to back it up. I believe in this team, I just have lost all faith in the decision maker.

You believe in the team but not the guy that created it?

Evidence? Did it come from the grassy noll or crop circles?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
All-Pro Guard? When was this? All I see is our interior line caving like wet toilet paper trying hold against a cannon ball. Wow, a Superbowl 4 years ago. Reminder as I've said it before the NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately' what Ted has done lately is draft a bust in Nick Perry, gone 15-1-DONE (Made NFL history on that one) signed Senecca Wallace (Which should be football's equivalent of a 4 letter word) as the back up. And is currently holding out Aaron Rodgers. TO ME this looks awfully familiar! And while yes you have a point on the winning/losing thing, with THIS organization where a coach once famously said 'Winning isn't everything it's the ONLY thing' if you don't have a winning percentage you have a LOSING percentage. Not to mention a 4th season without a playoff run in 9 years! Why do you insist on wanting what ISN'T best for this team?

I never said anything of an all pro guard? So dont confuse me with someone else

1998 to 2003 pre Ted

6 seasons- 4 playoff years
2-4 in those playoffs with an o-l that was reallly good. But no NFCCG appearances..

Ted did much better than those 6 years..Since winning is the only thing, they won more playoff games in Teds time than the previous GM

That is evidence, is it not?

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't believe in the guy who built a porous Defense with guys who can't learn the scheme. Yes I've lost all faith in the guy who blew up the O-Line and still hasn't fixed it yet, and has created a new problem every year! Yeah, I no longer trust the guy who started Senecca Wallace. And YES I want the guy run out on a rail who is pulling the Favre **** all over again, but this time on 12.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said anything of an all pro guard? So dont confuse me with someone else

1998 to 2003 pre Ted

6 seasons- 4 playoff years
2-4 in those playoffs with an o-l that was reallly good. But no NFCCG appearances..

Ted did much better than those 6 years..Since winning is the only thing, they won more playoff games in Teds time than the previous GM

That is evidence, is it not?

What have you got since 2010?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yeah I don't believe in the guy who built a porous Defense with guys who can't learn the scheme. Yes I've lost all faith in the guy who blew up the O-Line and still hasn't fixed it yet, and has created a new problem every year! Yeah, I no longer trust the guy who started Senecca Wallace. And YES I want the guy run out on a rail who is pulling the Favre **** all over again, but this time on 12.

What Favre **** is that exactly ??

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone that doesnt think Sitton is one of the best guards in football needs to pick up the idiots guide to football.

I said "all pro level" and I stand by that.

PFF rated him the 8th best guard in 2009, 2nd best in 2010, 5th in 2011, 7th in 2012, and 2nd in 2013.

Members online

Latest posts