This NEEDS TO BE READ RODGERS ARTICLE

Reaction score
I will admit that I took Favre's side in the beginning. I know its just football but i feel like ****** for taking his side at first. I feel even worse because of the hell that Aaron took all season long. I never took my frustration out on Aaron but on management but i still feel bad. Packers were right. Favre has been nothing but drama. He started the problem with his constant I don't know if I can do it at the end of the season prompting Aaron to be drafted.... but I digress.The point of this post is to show my support for Aaron Rodgers. He is our qb. He is our captain. I am proud to be a Green Bay Packer fan *puts on my away Rodgers jersey for the game today*.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Brett Favre was wrong in his actions, I do believe that we, as Packer fans, do need to at least appreciate his years in Green Bay. He did bring the Lombardi trophy home, and he only had one losing season in 16 years in Green Bay. And in those 16 years, he brought the Packers to the playoffs 11 times. And he was undoubtedly a very exciting player to watch. I just think the hate for Favre goes a little overboard sometimes, though I do understand everyone's anger. He did not help Rodgers, he was selfish, and he was a drama queen, but when all is said and done 30 years down the road, I have no doubt in my mind that the majority of Packer fans will remember him for Super Bowl 31, rather than his retirements.

I will admit, when Favre first out of retirement I was shocked. I thought he was actually done. However, when the Packers made their decision to get rid of Favre I stood behind the team and Rodgers. No player is bigger than the team.

When you think of an ex where you felt he or she screwed you over and did alot of things behind your back do you think of the good times? Or are you glad they are gone and want nothing to do with them?

Dead to me.

After Favre called Detroit to tell them everything he could about our play book he pretty much sealed his own fate.

Dont retire the number. Dont put him in the packers hof.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'm embarrassed as a Packer fan for the way "some Brett lovers" and not true Packer fans treated Rodgers.

I supported Rodgers from the time in '07 he came in and played great against the cowboys. Yeah, I was a bit nervous when he was named our starting QB, but he had my support 100%.

To the people that said those things, wrote letters, and vandalized his property (albeit mildly). **** YOU **********! And **** Brett Farvt for causing this schism in the Packer fanbase. Farve and the Vikings deserve one another.

You know what I was thinking reading that. We are lucky Rodgers didn't get fed up with these so called Packer fans and go to management and demand a trade due to these ****s. Imagine if he was the starting QB for the Cowboys or Bears right now!?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
bet this kid feels like a ******* now (and he was back then). I'd take an autograph from any NFL player, especially any NFL QB.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbA0S9F1E2Y]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers getting dissed by fan for Big Ben Roethlisberger[/ame]

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unacceptable, this is the kind of behavoir I would expect from Viking fans. (Then again I supposse these Favre nutt-lovers root for the vikes now anyway). Good riddance, we don't need fans like that. That was the first time iI have ever been asheamed to be a Packer fan, but looking back I guess that those kinds of fans were a minority, albeit a very vocal, obnoxious, and noticeable one.

A-Rod had my full support from day one, he's a guy that I can really identify with as opposed to the primadonna who had people worship the ground he walked on. I really hope Aaron doesn't think that all Packer fans were like that.

Younger Favre fans say that Favre is the only QB they have ever known, well guess what, I'm the same age and the Packers are the only team i've ever known. The Packers will be around long after Favre has retired (probably form an injury caused by his unwillingness to walk away.)

As always longtimefan, you are very well informed, great article.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 7, 2020 season, Favre breaks hip backing up from under center, vikings season yet again doomed

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre fans shouldnt be allowed in Green Bay, move to whatever team Brett is on. A-holes!

this kind of story burns me up. We are talking about the leader of the packers, for anyone to boo him, ESPECIALLY before the season even started is completely screwed up.

I have always been a packers fan, and will always be one no matter who the QB is. We just happen to have one that is among the very best in the NFL. Rodgers is more like Bart Star than Favre ever was.

PACKERS FOR LIFE, **** THE FAKE FANS!

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading this article really surprised me that Packer Fans could be like that, I mean you expect it out of say an Eagles or Raiders fan but PACKER fans? I called my Dad and chatted with him about it for a while and he was telling me about how some fans KILLED a Coaches Dogs because they wanted him out of town. Packer fans are the most die hard of any fans in the NFL so I guess thinking on it it doesnt surprise me as much anymore :(. But like Vince said "There are 3 things in life, Your God, Your Family and The Packers: In that order."

edited for link to story

http://www.classicwisconsin.com/features/dandog.html

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I have supported Rodgers since his days back at Cal... I knew he was a beast! When he slipped to us in the draft i was soo pumped because we all knew Brett was going to give it up soon... Im not going to lie... I was a Favre guy because duh, he was our QB... but after he threw that pick against NY in the NFC Championship game I knew it was time for him to go... He just didnt look like he wanted it... then he retired... we all remember that teary heartfelt speech he gave right...(turned out to be BS)... Ever since Rodgers stepped in he has handled this situation with great class!!!

Rodgers>Favre

Sept 2005 Home Opener... I went to The Jersey Store Behind Lambeau a few days prior to the game and picked up my first Rodgers Jersey... wore it to the game and people looked at me like I was Crazy... I knew back then he was going to wreck!!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Here is a pic of Rodgers i took during Fan Fest... This was the weekend that Favre Retired and Rodgers was named the starter... After i took this pic i shook Rodgers hand and told him that he was going to be great and I wished him luck for the upcoming season... He looked at me shook his head and said, "man i really appreciate that." Dude is a class act!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sundown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always been a fan of Aaron Rodgers,he seemed like such a nice guy and I always felt that he had tons of talent,I sure am glad he is our QB.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I witnessed some of that pathetic, embarassing, dispicable behavior at that 2008 Family Night game.

They had poster boards they gave out to kids, and I saw a couple of kids about 10 years old who were choosing to make a sign that said BOO RODGERS, we WANT FARVE!

I yelled at those little punks and said Rodgers didn't do anything wrong. ****ing kids probably learned that from their parents who were nowhere to be seen. I was ready for them to step in, but nowhere. So I only got a brief comment in to the kids, got nothing back from anywhere. Cowards.

I hate Farve and this is why last year was a nightmare. We never once sacked that **********. And our OL let Jared Allen crush Rodgers about 10 times.
I'd love someone to roll up Allen's leg like Ryan Grant or Harrell's was yesterday. And I want Clay Matthews to put the same hit on Farve that he did on Kolb.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I witnessed some of that pathetic, embarassing, dispicable behavior at that 2008 Family Night game.

They had poster boards they gave out to kids, and I saw a couple of kids about 10 years old who were choosing to make a sign that said BOO RODGERS, we WANT FARVE!

I yelled at those little punks and said Rodgers didn't do anything wrong. kids probably learned that from their parents who were nowhere to be seen. I was ready for them to step in, but nowhere. So I only got a brief comment in to the kids, got nothing back from anywhere. Cowards.

I hate Farve and this is why last year was a nightmare. We never once sacked him. And our OL let Jared Allen crush Rodgers about 10 times.
I'd love someone to roll up Allen's leg like Ryan Grant or Harrell's was yesterday. And I want Clay Matthews to put the same hit on Farve that he did on Kolb.

I edited parts of your post, I am sure you know what parts..

Lets try to keep it toned down just a tad eh?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you edit things that are in the rules in regards to what is/isn't allowed?
(Just curious.)
:rules2:
BTW Longtime. I have a lot of respect for you and the other mods as well as our admin. You guys and gals rock and do an excellent job with this site.

There's something about the intensity of football that passes over into it's fans sometimes.
And sometimes the fans will reflect the players or teams.
Like how Burnt Fart is a flake. And so are those who called themselves Packers fans when he played for the Pack, but are now rooting for him and the Vikes.
Ain't nothing but a bunch of waffle headed flakes who deserve each other.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I edited what I FELT was a little out of line is all

Sitting in a bar or in my house those words might be said and not blink an eye...but here sorry...I got to fix it

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry.... this is the one issue I am most sensitive towards.
At that time, spring-summer of 08, I actually was talking with Aaron's dad behind the scenes about a lot of things, so since then I have always felt a deep sense of loyalty towards Aaron. And the reverse is true towards Favre.

I simply can't stand #4 and had nightmares before last season started that he was going to carve us up and we'd never touch him. Seriously, I had that dream once about in August sometime. And it came true, twice. My worst nightmare ever because I only remember dreams about 4 times a year.

Now you know why I still have the Minny @ Saints NFCCG on my DVR. I love to watch the Vikings last drive!
Also, why I love the videos at Packers Insider - Packer Fan Headquarters

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Farvites make me sick.

I'm impressed by Rodgers. Going from Cali to play ball in a mideast town has to be difficult, then to get there and be treated like dirt by some fans because of the actions of Farve has to really be tough. Props to him. He handled the situation like a Pro.

Hope Kolb can learn something from Rodgers. He'll need it after Vick threw him under the bus.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any time a new guy gets the nod at QB when a DECENT QB leaves, the new guy has big shoes to fill. Rodgers had to step in for Favre in Green Bay which while many of us now hate Favre, there is no denying the shoes he left to fill. Rodgers couldn't have done a better job than he has done. In fact NO ONE could have done a better job. Period.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree

I know i supported him the day he took the starting job

Yes, he is the PACKERS QB. How can you not like a person just because he is the new starting QB? I actually got into such an argument with a close friend supporting A-Rod and not admitting i Hate favre. Truth be told brett gave us some great years, exciting football, and even a SB Trophy. So my friend and i are no more (more beer for me now) and A-rod went on to become the ONLY QB in the NFL to throw for back to back 4,000 yards plus. whats not to like in him> To the ******* who keyed his truck... you should send him a check for the damages. ( although i doubt he is on this board or can even read):Bananas:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at first i wasn't happy when brett retired but i was excited about a-rod, i told my family that he was going to be really good and so far he is,i dont mind brett playing but if he really didn't want to retire he should of said that he had people behind him,the brett fans have to understand it is business you retire they put in the next guy you wouldn't like it if your boss gave you a promotion and then come and say joe blow is coming back so we will put back at your old position,glad brett is happy where he is and i;m glad we have a-rod.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now you know why I still have the Minny @ Saints NFCCG on my DVR. I love to watch the Vikings last drive!
Also, why I love the videos at Packers Insider - Packer Fan Headquarters
I read ya loud and clear, bud.
I have highlights from "Inside the NFL" on our DVR.
Gawd it is just sooooooooooo awesome watching Burnt Fail getting OWNED over and over and over by the Saints!
Ya. The better team won that day.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I have the Minnesota radio announcer's call of Favre's NFC Championship pick on my iPod. Always good for a laugh when I'm having a crappy day.

"THIS IS NOT DETROIT! THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!"

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, what has Rodgers done to prove he is one of the best in the league? Is it just the stats he has put up? He hasn't proven to be very clutch, he is pretty inaccurate at times, and he seems to get sacked (and fumbles once in a while) every 5 pass plays.

Don't get me wrong, I would choke a puppy to have Rodgers as the Vikings QB, but right now I don't think he can be considered elite. Once he wins you guys a Super Bowl he will be up there, but right now I think he is just a stat pile upper (I know, not a word, but you got it). He has tremendous upside, but right now I don't know how you can put him in the same league as Brees, Brady, and Manning.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts