This Makes No Freaking Sense

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gerhart gets the Doak Walker award which goes to best running back in college football, yet Ingram gets the Heisman award? Wait, I thought Gerhart was a better RB?

Gerhart- 1736 yards, 26 TDs, 6 top-40 defenses faced
Ingram- 1542 yards, 15 TDs, 1 top-40 defense faced

No offense to Ingram. He's a great young athlete and I think he has a bright future ahead of him. But come on, Gerhart was snubbed!

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ingram won the Heisman?

I wanted Tebow or McCoy to win it :(

McCoy wouldn't have bugged me as much as Tebow. I just don't think Tebow had good enough of a year.

It's not the fact that Ingram winning the Heisman that bothers me so much. What bothers me is that they say the best RB is Gerhart, but give the Heisman to the 2nd best RB. Makes no sense and is an oxymoron.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heisman going to Ingram is BS. Might as well just call it the team in first place's best player award or some BS.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Heisman going to Ingram is BS. Might as well just call it the team in first place's best player award or some BS.

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. he only got it just because he did well against Florida...so wthat wins him the award? One good game at the end of the season against a Florida team that was without Dunlap. How about Auburn completely shutting Ingram down? How about Gerhart consistently having great games while facing top Defenses. Gerhart faced better Defenses and still had better numbers. I read that Ingram may have been given the award because Alabama never had anyone from their school win it before. That's BS if thats why they did it. I have absolutely no confidence in these stuipid voters.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The last few days got me around to thinking Ndamakung Suh deserved it more than anyone else, so i'm a bit disappointed as well. Though I didn't really actually expect it to go to a defensive player.

robdog said:
The Heisman going to Ingram is BS. Might as well just call it the team in first place's best OFFENSIVE player award or some BS.

Fixed. Lol.

At least Woodson still gets the title of only defensive guy to win it (I think).

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. he only got it just because he did well against Florida...so wthat wins him the award? One good game at the end of the season against a Florida team that was without Dunlap. How about Auburn completely shutting Ingram down? How about Gerhart consistently having great games while facing top Defenses. Gerhart faced better Defenses and still had better numbers. I read that Ingram may have been given the award because Alabama never had anyone from their school win it before. That's BS if thats why they did it. I have absolutely no confidence in these stuipid voters.

Gotta Love SEC politics...Idk if this was mentioned but throughout the year it seemed as if Gerhart was a ghost behind the "amazing" season Ingram was having, I may be wrong but I didnt hear about Gerhart till around voting time for the Heisman. Its who you know, not what you know IMO.

jcourt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree completely. After seeing this Suh play I was sold. What a complete beast!!

Latest posts