1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This just in

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Philtration, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -2
    ESPN has officially crowned the Dallas Cowboys as the team to beat in the NFC.
    With back-to-back wins over the sorry a$$ Bucs and a Giants team that is imploding on a last second FG, the Cowboys are now the new story to cram down our throats. The Bears beat the Giants by 18 when they had just won 5 straight and were one of the hottest teams in the league then ESPN said that it was not a real indication of the two teams because Strahan was out. Strahan was out against the Cowboys too but that did not matter.
    I bet that it has nothing to do with their never-ending coverage and weird obsession with T.O.

Let Jeff Garcia have another nice game next Sunday and watch how fast they jump on the Eagles band wagon.
  2. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Phil you forgot the Cowboys are America's team! That's why I can't live in America cause I'm sick of that crap too. LOL
  3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Any team with a QB as pathetic as Rex is will be hard pressed to be considered the top in the conference.

Dilfer was a better QB than Grossman simply because he didn't throw the games away for the team.

Grossman, if he learns which uniform to throw it to the Bears would be the team to beat most definetely.

As long as Grossman continues his 'gunslinger' ways. I just don't see it and its a shame. The Bears are a freakishly good team when he's off the field.
  4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As long as Grossman is the QB and plays the way he is no one will pick the Bears for the Super Bowl.

I actually am though. I think their D will be enough to get there through the pitiful NFC. I just don't know if they can beat the best of the AFC. Indy, New England, San Diego, and Baltimore to be exact.
  5. sweetvalleyhigh

sweetvalleyhigh Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If you want to crown them, go ahead and crown their ***!
  6. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -2
    I don't care where they rate the Bears. I am talking about there being a new team to beat every single week.
    The Colts are best!
    The Patriots look Super Bowl Bound!
    The Chargers are tops!
    The Bears are on a roll!
    The Giants can punch their ticket!
    The Cowboys are going to Miami!
    Look out for Denver!

If the Bengals beat Denver on Sunday they will suddenly be the team of destiny in the AFC.

Blah blah blah.....
  7. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -2
    I agree. They really should have went after Drew Brees when they had the chance. How good would they be right now with him at QB?

With Benson looking better every time he gets to touch the ball I want to see them pound it when they have a lead.
    Run him 30 times and keep the defense rested.
  8. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tony Romo is the best QB ever. Tony Romo is going to the Pro Bowl. Tony Romo is God's gift to football. Tony Romo is better than Aikman and Staubach combined. Tony Romo Tony Romo Tony Romo Romomentum.

I think I'm gonna puke
  9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You forgot he's God's gift to women. Havn't you heard he's dating Jessica Simpson. I believe I may of heard it mentioned once or 100 times on TV
  10. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah that's right. She's hot.
  11. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -2
    Exactly!
    They were saying the same thing about Rex Grossman after 5 whole games and now they are ripping him to shreds.
    All it took was one great game for Reggie Bush to go from bust to Barry Sanders in a single day.
  12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    OOOh hold up a second. Bush is no where NEAR Barry Sanders!

It's midnight, I can't get snap on this. Maybe some other time. :)