This just in...from ESPN

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Berman: "3rd and 3 Tommy and the PAckers call a draw play that doesn't work. Man, I bet Mike Sherman and Brett Favre wish they had that one back."

Jackson: "Absolutely..."

Berman: "I don't know Tommy...IT SEEMED LIKE KIND OF A...SLOW DEVELOPING PLAY TO ME..."

Jackson: "Absolutely..."

Sound familiar Packer fans..?

"4th and 1 on the Eagles 1 foot line and SherRossley calls a slow developing counter play..that gets stuffed..for no points before the half.."

(These guys just do not know what the HELL they are doing out there...)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of course it's a slow developing play...that's the point...let the d-line and any blitzing lbs get up field towards the qb, then you hand it off w/ the middle of the field open.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Face it..it was the wrong play to call...absolutely the wrong play...

besides..the linebackers weren't blitzing by the way..they were in more of a prevent, defend the pass mode...

When SherRossley has a lead by halftime...they go into some kind prevent, offensive shell..instead of attacking and going for the throat...

"The only thing the prevent does is it prevents you from winning..."

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
face it...if the pack throws an incomplete pass, it's the wrong play call as well. Pretty easy to critique when you know the result of the play.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i'd have more respect for SherRossley if they would of called a pass on that play...

(but i knew that they wouldn't...)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I agree with 66 on this one...the Packers got way too conservative in the 2nd half and the draw with your 3rd string RB was really stupid (i know, i know, if it would have worked...). Favre was passing this team right down the field and would have probably passed for another first down and a chance to win the game. I guess, woulda, coulda, shoulda...Pack loses and this week is going to be rough.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying that the draw was the perfect play call or anything like that...but I am saying it's not the worst call ever made...running it on 3rd and short when you want to run down the clock at least makes some sense.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I'm not saying that the draw was the perfect play call or anything like that...but I am saying it's not the worst call ever made...running it on 3rd and short when you want to run down the clock at least makes some sense.

That play call only makes sense if you are going to go for it on 4th down. The way Brett was playing and the absolute lack of running game all day made it a no-brainer pass. The only way I want to see Sherman back is if it keeps Brett in town for another year and he gets a legit OC/playcaller.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So which one do you want to hire as coach.....Berman or Jackson?

I'm not sure Berman would know a football from a jelly doughnut and Jackson was calling for benching your hero Favre a couple weeks ago. I don't remember hearing you sing his praises then.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Maybe it would have made some sense if you actually had a running game (which we don't ) and had a real running back to give it to (which we didn't).
That call made no sense, nuff said!

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack,

that shows you how much you know...

Jackson NEVER said that...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great comeback!!!! You got your nose up Jackson's *** 24/7? How do you know he"NEVER" said that.

He said it was time to get Aaron Rodgers some playing time. Are you suggesting he was going to move Favre to receiver or DB? I'm no Ernest Einstein but I think getting Rodgers more playing time would necessitate benching Favre.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
musccy said:
face it...if the pack throws an incomplete pass, it's the wrong play call as well. Pretty easy to critique when you know the result of the play.

You'd be hard pressed to hear me say putting the ball in Brett's hands over Tony's is a 'wrong play'

INT or incomplete I would always rather it be determined by Brett not Tony.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Listen DePack..

For someone who's got his head so far up Sherman's *** he could perform a tonsilectomy...i wouldn't go casting stones...

What Jackson did say was that it looks like the Packers are "selling out Brett Favre for drafting Aaron Rodgers..and not signing their two guards--Wahle and Rivera.."

You should check facts boy or provide some "proof" before you go casting aspersions....

i think it was Michael Irving who said they should give Rodgers more playing time..

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I heard what was said but nice try on trying to revise history.

BTW...are you getting racial on me??.....calling me "boy".

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You two - take it outside - keep Bartender out of the melee....

Jackson never said "Bench Favre".... That was Michael Irvin.
And where is he now - with Brett leading the League against all other QB's..?

I'm surprised you two would even consider having anyone from ESPN sent to GB as a Head Coach! Take a chill pill, both of ya!

One thing stands to reason here ----

The "Pass Play" was the play needing to be called... period.
If it didn't work out - at least you went for the gusto....

Mike Tice spit in Sherman's face in the second half.
Mike Tice drew a line in the sand at the beach and dared him to step over it.
Mike Tice kicked sand in Sherman's face and on his date's picnic basket.

Sherman didn't do a damn thing about it ! THAT's what happened.

Now - you two either get hitched to each other, or knock off the 5th grader attack mechanism.

We'd ALL appreciate it.

**EDIT**

Oh, one other thing -- this is an international, children-accessible, family oriented web site.
If that's not large enough hint for ya --- you just let me know.......

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll back off for the rest of the week. Seems being a true Packer fan is not a very popular position on this board. Wouldn't want to interupt the major ***** session going on.

Peace out people!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I'll back off for the rest of the week. Seems being a true Packer fan is not a very popular position on this board. Wouldn't want to interupt the major ***** session going on.

Peace out people!

c'mon now DePack...you know thats not the case. it's the personal insults that need to go away.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
DePack said:

Peace out people!

c'mon now DePack...you know thats not the case. it's the personal insults that need to go away.

AGREED - that's all I'm askin' for....! If we're all packer fans and the best NFL fans there are out there... amongst all other Teams.... then the friendship and common courtesy here.. should never fall to the wayside...

Thanks, AG - thanks....everyone!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
You two - take it outside - keep Bartender out of the melee....

Jackson never said "Bench Favre".... That was Michael Irvin.
And where is he now - with Brett leading the League against all other QB's..?

I'm surprised you two would even consider having anyone from ESPN sent to GB as a Head Coach! Take a chill pill, both of ya!

One thing stands to reason here ----

The "Pass Play" was the play needing to be called... period.
If it didn't work out - at least you went for the gusto....

Mike Tice spit in Sherman's face in the second half.
Mike Tice drew a line in the sand at the beach and dared him to step over it.
Mike Tice kicked sand in Sherman's face and on his date's picnic basket.

Sherman didn't do a damn thing about it ! THAT's what happened.

Now - you two either get hitched to each other, or knock off the 5th grader attack mechanism.

We'd ALL appreciate it.

**EDIT**

Oh, one other thing -- this is an international, children-accessible, family oriented web site.
If that's not large enough hint for ya --- you just let me know.......

tell them to get a room.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chick..

i'd rather get a room with you...

(than Depack...and yeah..i'm drunk..)

Members online