This is why the 49er's will beat us...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rookie CB Janorris Jenkins with the recovery-TD.... let's hope our roookie CB Casey Hayward gets a similar op Saturday night!

CandlestickBum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alex Smith was having a year that most QBs would consider a career best. In fact, I think Rodgers was the only starting QB who ended the regular season with a higher passer rating than Smith.

Yet he was benched and replaced by a second year QB that had never started a game before Smith was injured. Why? Because he can do this:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yes, he is inexperienced and makes a lot of rookie mistakes, but if he is having a good day, watch out, because he is one of the most athletic QBs in the league and hard to contain, because he can throw hard and accurately when he is in his comfort zone (he has a 90+ MPH fastball and was drafted by the Cubs) and he can run like a bat out of hell when you leave him an opening.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing !!!! lol......but wait collin kap is the best QB there is, that must be green screen movie magic

Seriously?

Has ANYONE actual said that Colin is the "best QB there is"?

I'm pretty sure most 49er fans give that distinction to Aaron Rodgers. You don't need to make stuff up to have something to make fun of. Stick to what people ACTUALLY SAY.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I guess that you picking up on sarcasm isnt your biggest asset..........don't get so Cali-butt-hurt

**** Remember what site you are on, expect different responses. You sure as hell don't/wont see me on a SF forum before a game goes down. If you were some sort of long time member and had 2000+ posts or something that lets me know you were not just here for the week or two prior to the game, we would be having different chats. To me, you are on foreign soil, a spy invader so to speak.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess that you picking up on sarcasm isnt your biggest asset..........don't get so Cali-butt-hurt

**** Remember what site you are on, expect different responses. You sure as hell don't/wont see me on a SF forum before a game goes down. If you were some sort of long time member and had 2000+ posts or something that lets me know you were not just here for the week or two prior to the game, we would be having different chats. To me, you are on foreign soil, a spy invader so to speak.

I know whos board I'm on. I like Packer fans. Ya know why?

Most of them have been Packer fans for a long, long time and have a LONG history of success. I enjoy talking with them.

You tho, remind me of a Seahawk fan who roots for a team thats never won a damn thing.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, he is inexperienced and makes a lot of rookie mistakes, but if he is having a good day, watch out, because he is one of the most athletic QBs in the league and hard to contain, because he can throw hard and accurately when he is in his comfort zone (he has a 90+ MPH fastball and was drafted by the Cubs) and he can run like a bat out of hell when you leave him an opening.

You'll pardon me if I'm not impressed.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Kaepernick is very impressive.
I just hope he makes a lot of errors Saturday night.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing concerning me for this game is what Joe Webb did to us on the opening drive of last week's game. He marched the Vikings right down the field for a score while running the spread option formation, and I imagine we'll see a much larger dose of it this weekend. Our team has enough issues trying to stop the run, even when we KNOW their going to run, let alone trying to also stop a QB who is a threat to run on every single play, regardless of formation. Now add a much more talented QB in Kaepernick, who can actually pass the ball as well as run, and I think the Niners offense has the recipe to give our defense fits, provided they execute well.

Giedi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'll pardon me if I'm not impressed.
A lot of people are not impressed, simply because a lot of people still don't know him. We'll see which QB appears in the game. The one that makes a lot of mistakes, or the one that beat some of the better teams out there this year.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people are not impressed, simply because a lot of people still don't know him.

No, I've seen enough of him.

We'll see which QB appears in the game. The one that makes a lot of mistakes, or the one that beat some of the better teams out there this year.

Playoff pressure... I'm betting on the one that makes a lot of mistakes.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing concerning me for this game is what Joe Webb did to us on the opening drive of last week's game. He marched the Vikings right down the field for a score while running the spread option formation, and I imagine we'll see a much larger dose of it this weekend. Our team has enough issues trying to stop the run, even when we KNOW their going to run, let alone trying to also stop a QB who is a threat to run on every single play, regardless of formation. Now add a much more talented QB in Kaepernick, who can actually pass the ball as well as run, and I think the Niners offense has the recipe to give our defense fits, provided they execute well.
Right. They gave us fits already this year, scoring 30, without the great running ability that Kaepernick has.
It's going to come down to execution, and correct playcalling by Capers.

goldstandard333

49ers Fan
Reaction score
Kaep for the most part has shown incredible calm under pressure minus the Seattle game. Even after that bad play against the Rams he lead them right down the field for the go ahead field goal. Even throwing a perfect pass to Delanie Walker aka Droptomus Prime who of course dropped the easy touchdown pass. If the Pack underestimate Kaep he'll shred them.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RamsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep! The Rams practically swept the Whiners this year. That tie ended horrifically given the two idiotic penalties committed by the Rams (one which rescinded an 80 yard bomb to Danny Amendola and the other was a delay of game that recanted Greg Zuerlein's made field goal).

Going to be fun watching Kaepersuck fail miserably on Saturday evening.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, I factor out divisional games when evaluating an opponent. The Rams have a history of making life tough for the 9'ers ... much the same way the Bears, Lions and Vikies do for Green Bay. The tired sports cliche has never been more apropos than this instance and it doesn't just apply to the North Division: When playing a divisional rival, toss out the record book.

You know, when the Pack were fortunate enough to lose Ray Rhodes to the Eagles back in the mid-90's, who did Holmgren go and get to replace Rhodes as Defensive Coordinator? Fritz Shurmur from the Rams. His explanation was the Shurmur made his life miserable during his stint in San Francisco. Shurmur knew how to shut down the 9'ers...and that proved to be accurate. Holmgren's record against his old team was 5-1, 6-0 if you reconfigure history and call the Jerry Rice turnover what it was ... a drive stopping fumble. Shurmur had EVERYTHING to do with that. Long drawn out illustration used because I firmly believe that divisional games are going to swing either way...and McCarthy's crazy record of 11-1 over the last two years in the North is quirky... but, the 9'ers losing to a divisional rival...in this case, the Rams...well, has no bearing on tonight's game.

RamsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I factor out divisional games when evaluating an opponent. The Rams have a history of making life tough for the 9'ers ... much the same way the Bears, Lions and Vikies do for Green Bay. The tired sports cliche has never been more apropos than this instance and it doesn't just apply to the North Division: When playing a divisional rival, toss out the record book.

You know, when the Pack were fortunate enough to lose Ray Rhodes to the Eagles back in the mid-90's, who did Holmgren go and get to replace Rhodes as Defensive Coordinator? Fritz Shurmur from the Rams. His explanation was the Shurmur made his life miserable during his stint in San Francisco. Shurmur knew how to shut down the 9'ers...and that proved to be accurate. Holmgren's record against his old team was 5-1, 6-0 if you reconfigure history and call the Jerry Rice turnover what it was ... a drive stopping fumble. Shurmur had EVERYTHING to do with that. Long drawn out illustration used because I firmly believe that divisional games are going to swing either way...and McCarthy's crazy record of 11-1 over the last two years in the North is quirky... but, the 9'ers losing to a divisional rival...in this case, the Rams...well, has no bearing on tonight's game.
Very well said! Excited for tonight's game.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the heck did the freaking RAMS go undefeated against the 9ers, and we go 0-2? :confused::mad::(:sick::tdown:

Members online

Latest posts