This is what happens when you set your sights too highI

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted on this board for the last games that the only way the Packers could lose those games is if they turned the ball over. Boy was I wrong. I had forgotten that as good as Harris is, occasionally he's going to have a stinker of a game. I had forgotten that as much energy as that front four can give at times, for much of the season after their two guys went down, they have been pretty average. I got all caught up in how well our offensive line played against Seattle and thought that maybe they were invincible. Instead they played as they did most of the season. Grant would hit a run or two and then he'd be average. I was most surprised by Brett. I actually thought we were good enough even without Brett playing "lights out" football. I realized that when Brett plays like he did on Sunday, we're pretty average. Our special teams who had been playing well all year long suddenly reverted back to giving up big yardage.

So what's my point? That 14-4 record is outstanding and now clearly know the importance of coming ready to play every game, which this team did in all but four games this year. We have a coaching staff that is still learning. We're young at most positions. If Brett comes back I would expect that this team could be next year what they were this year. Thompson has a few holes to fill. We desperately need some guards. We still need work in the secondary and Harris' play on Sunday is evidence of that. I still think we need depth at linebacker. But those are all fillable holes.

We also need for Hawk to take a big step up. I expected much more of him for a #5 pick. And we need for our young receivers and linemen to get better. If that happens I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us in the championship next year.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for the insight and i agree fill the few holes hawk does need to step up some of the guys stand out then there are others on the o-line i think when you watched brett had to move quick seems he does that alot when daryn is in there hate to say it but they need to replace him

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
-Vince Lombardi

That says it all. If the players become the fans to the point where they think they can go through the motions they lose.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are a team with an incredible upside. You have lots of young talent and we're not in a position where we have guys leaving us yet. We need to sign Corey Williams. We have some holes to fill, but they are all fillable. I hope Brett comes back, but I'm prepared to go to battle with ARod. My concern for him is I don't think he's durable enough. The coaching staff is also young. They will learn. We will be better next year if you can imagine that.

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in that seattle game we were firing in all cylinders when we were down 14-0. we completed nearly every 3rd down as opposed to struggling against NY on 3rd down

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in that seattle game we were firing in all cylinders when we were down 14-0. we completed nearly every 3rd down as opposed to struggling against NY on 3rd down
Yup.....1 of 10 isn't going to win you many games.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01,

Great Post,

How soon we forget that we have come from 4-12 to 8-8 to 14-4. That's what I call improvement, we expected too much because we came so close. It was one hella of a season to build on !!!

This is a Winning team, be proud !!!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think he will be replacing harris we do have bush and williams and blackmon but i think they will stick with woodson and harris which is okay i know harris got burned but at least he knows it and will work on it

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's hoping that the young guys use this season as motivation to build upon. I'm excited to see what a lot of these young guys will do.

In particular, I really want to see Greg Jennings, Ryan Grant, Donald Lee and Atari Bigby take a step up to the next level.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see that the sights had a whole lot to do with the loss.

Any team that wants to win HAS to set the sights high. Otherwise why bother?

I may have been the most disappointed fan on this board after posting that I expected a 16-0 season and a Superbowl but if your team doesn't believe that, it won't happen.

The biggest accomplishment of the Patriots is that Belichick sold the idea to his players and they bought into it. Thus making it happen.

I believe it is possible with the Packers next year and I will continue to believe. Faith goes a LONG way in overcoming disappointment.

Look at it this way. If you believed you were a contender in a tennis tournament and knew you had 5 matches before the end, does it make any sense to shoot for 3 or 4 wins out of the 5?

Members online

Latest posts