This 1-4 team vs last years 1-4 team

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know last year the packers came back to win the division after their poor start even with a lousy defence but I think this year maybe tougher. The packers scheldule is really tough after the bye. I feel they will win against the Vikes ( both games) but I can't see the pack beating cincy, atlanta, pittsburgh and philly. I really hope the pack proves me wrong and the teams in their division keeps losing.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this years team has a better defense but, really hard schedule and no run game yet. but we will get it going, will that be enough? will see if this defense is for real. because other than not enough qb pressure and lack of turnovers before the saints game they look pretty damn good

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the packers are the best team in the division, have since day one of the season, but it will be tough to make up even one game with the schedule they have

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
this years team has a better defense but, really hard schedule and no run game yet. but we will get it going, will that be enough? will see if this defense is for real. because other than not enough qb pressure and lack of turnovers before the saints game they look pretty damn good

I agree. We seem to be improved on defense, but we face a tougher schedule and our running game has regressed from last year. The other big difference is we have more serious injuries this year than last year.
I still think we have a chance though to win the division, because I'm not sold on any of the other teams in the division yet.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year is was dismal.

Carroll and the rest of the secondary burned much of the time.
The "all blitz" D was being abandoned.
Monday Night Football showed Lambeau clearing out early on national television.

The offense and Favre trying desperately to outscore the other team.

The defense has reduced shots into its own feet. Hunt is long gone but his scar on the salary cap will be around last year.
Young pups on Defense do not follow the example of Hunt and Sharper and are flying around. Grady is healthy while last year Barnett was exposed as small and unable to take on O linemen directly.

Flanagan still cannot play due to injury status. Wells is replacing him instead of Ruegamer. The strength of the team is a sore spot with Klemm watching RB's get chewed up instead of Wahle leading them downfield.

This year the minority of the team has contracts for next year. They are playing for them.

Last year Mike Sherman was burning out as GM/Coach and new players were not replacing the old. CB McKenzie was insulting the franchise.

This year Mike is only the Coach which is work enough. Some players that should have been acquired in during the Sherman GM era have arrived and are playing sooner than ready.

Last year luck was with the Packers as they won some close games. This year they have lost some close games.

Playoffs are still possible this year. An 8-3 run gets them to 9-7 it will be close. The team is not that much different than 2000 when they were stocking the new players of the good teams of 02 and 03. This is the bottom of the success graph with success on the upswing next year.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah the Pack have a relatively difficult schedule coming up but every team we play is BEATABLE if we can play the "right way." Atlanta was nearly beaten today by New Orleans. Philadlephia was beaten by Dallas last week. Cincy was able to beat the Titans by 8 points. Pittsburgh was beaten by Jacksonville. So as you can, see these teams are definately beatable. I have confidence. You guys should as well.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE difference is that Packers NOW have a defense to win it all if they make playoffs.

kelbel505

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense improved, but lets hope the offense keeps it rolling like they did against the saints. Hope we didn't use all of the magic left in the tank on that one game. The O-line needs time to gell together and that will lead to more of a running game and better pass protection. Overall, there weren't many personell changes in the line-up last season besides the o-line and a few defense postions. Coaching appears to be the biggest change (at least in defense), but offense was sputtering until last game. When they begin to match each other then we a have a winning team.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not only do we have a better defence, but think of the return of the dbl TE set, and IMHO, A. Green will return strong, and post another 1000 yrd season rushing.

fergie, lee, fisher, the defence, special teams are all improving every week.

and don't forget terrence murphy maybe back this year

kelbel505

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did they release when Murphy might be back. If it was that bad, might be better to let him sit a yaer and get better too. But if he's healthy we could use the help

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kelbel505 said:
Did they release when Murphy might be back. If it was that bad, might be better to let him sit a yaer and get better too. But if he's healthy we could use the help

could be wrong, but I thought the Packers were talking about murphy returning in the middle of December.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
kelbel505 said:

could be wrong, but I thought the Packers were talking about murphy returning in the middle of December.

negative dh, i just found this on his website

A note to Terrence's fans and friends

By Terrence Murphy
October 12, 2005

In contrast to what you may have heard, I am out for the rest of the season from a spinal stenosis injury. I will be resting and rehabilitating for the 2006 season. I'm actually walking around now and have gotten back the full use of all my extremities in the past week. Thanks for your prayers and blessings and all of the phone calls, texts, letters, etc. that I have received since the injury.

God Bless,
Terrence

kelbel505

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets hope the this trend of season ending injuries are done. Another difference between this year and last...didn't have this injuries that are hurting us.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stenosis is the narrowing of the spinal canal if permanent and severe a career in the NFL is over. It usually occurs with vertabrae that get displaced. In older folks it is bone spurring(growth) on the vertabrae that narrows the spinal canal and impingement of the nerve root endings entering the canal.

He probably had a relatively severe sprain for that to happen. Afterward the ligaments are never as good as they were before.

We should know more about his injury and recovery by April.

Members online

Latest posts