Think of it this way....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretend that you're a future HOF QB..and for the past 5 years..and the only thing you really wanted was to be competitive and make it back to the SB..for real...

You've had to carry a team on your back most of the time...and for reasons beyond your control...you lose in the playoffs year after year...(be it defense..coaching...being flat..lack of talent...whatever.).maybe a couple of games are your fault for pressing..but the reason that your team is even in the hunt is because of you.....Being in such a situation..you can understand an athlete's temptation to press...You've even stated that you hated playing catch up from behind...You'd rather have a lead...and for it not to be all on your shoulders...ALL OF THE TIME!

Hell..many times if you didn't press....you didn't win..simple as that...sometimes when you pressed..you'd lose...

Last week...you played a flawless game...you don't press...you make great plays..you play at an extremely high level with mediocre receivers in the game that you make look like all pros....Your coaching staff decides not to press at the end of the game..and plays it safe and opts for the FG...and still....

YOU LOSE...

How are you going to come out and play the game this week under those circumstances? Do you trust today's game plan..the team around you...and sometimes even your own ability to get it done anymore?

Hell yeah..but you go out and give it your all anyway....

(To me..Brett Favre can do whatever he thinks he needs to do at this point to win.....He's earned that right...)

People..take off your Packer colored glasses...Brett Favre is in a no win situation..and you owe him a little understanding......

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK...I'll try to not let this escalate into a shouting match.

Brett has played a huge role on this team, but not alone. Ahman led the NFL in yards over the past 5 years leading up to this year. JW and DD have been very solid wrs for him, and he's had an excellent line prior to this year. He has not had to do this "alone" except for this year when, yes, the talent is down, but...

there was no need to press today. They were moving the ball very effectively in the 2nd half before he started throwing the picks. It was not because he was pressing either...many of the passes were to very open wrs.

Even when they aren't always open, take what's there. An rb in the flat for a 3 yard gain is much better than jamming it into a wr on a slant. There will almost always be an open checkdown.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whatever..man...

Trade for Dilfer...start Rodgers...

You know..i'm beginning to think that your're right..Musscy....it's all Brett Favre's fault...

This whole season is Brett Favre's fault and he should have retired this year...He simply doesn't have it anymore...I don't know how I couldn't see the sheer genious in your arguments before..but you are correct sir....

Sherman should be nominated for Coach of the YEar...and they should give him a HUGE Bonus..and sign Tom Rossley as OC for life! I don't know how i didn't see it...but you finally convinced me ...musscy...

I want to see a 92 year old Tom Rossley up in the booth calling those "brilliant" plays of his..and those beautiful game plans...pure genious!
(Don't you agree..IPB?)

And what more beautiful sight would there be than an 82 year old Mike Sherman..leaning on a walker...(with a colostomy bag draped over it). staring at that same offensive play sheet that he's had since the year 2000!

Man..i am on board with that...Musscy..you finally won me over....!!!!

Sherman should be the Green Bay Packers head coach..for life!..

I don't know why i didn't realize it before....GENIUS!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66...lets keep this from stooping to "that level." Besides, I know you started this thread to provoke a response from me, so don't be surprised that I commented back.

I never said Rossely was a genius, or MS is the greatest thing ever. I just don't think they need to be blamed for everything.

I also didn't say that I thought Brett was a bad qb. He's probably still one of the top 3 qbs in the game when he's on, as the previous 3 games show. However, occassionally in big games ( playoff games like Dallas, St. Louis, MN, ATL) and at key moments in other games (like today) he can make big mistakes that hinder a team.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Muscy - in the clutch - SherRossley deserves the full blame....!
When strategizing? Game planning? Again... it's still the Coaching Staff.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman has made it totally clear HE IS A VERY BAD GM AND A LOUSSY HC, HE DESERVES TO BE FIRED, as a matter of fact he should resign if he had any dignity left..... I have gone from looking for points to stand on Shermy´s side to a point in which I can´t stand to look at this guy on the TV. And I don´t talk about Rossley because he is not even worth 1 minute of my time.

Members online

Latest posts