Think of all the hungry mouths to feed.. Henry Cut.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Like this wasn't telegraphed for the past couple of months.. talented player that just can't seem to walk the straight line in the NFL.

PFTalk.com said:
BRONCOS CUT TRAVIS HENRY
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 2, 2008, 12:07 p.m.
The Denver Broncos announced today that they have released running back Travis Henry.

“Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl,” coach Mike Shanahan said. “We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team.”

It’s not clear what Shanahan was referring to when he questioned Henry’s commitment. Henry has had multiple violations of the league’s substance-abuse policy, but in the past Shanahan has publicly supported Henry, including taking Henry’s side last year during Henry’s successful appeal of a positive test that would have resulted in a year-long suspension.

Henry signed with the Broncos as a free agent last year and played fairly well, rushing for 691 yards. But the emergence of youngsters Selvin Young and Andre Hall, plus this year’s rookie fifth-round pick Ryan Torain, plus the recent signing of Michael Pittman, means there wasn’t room for Henry in Denver anymore — especially if the coach questions his commitment.

Henry will now become an unrestricted free agent, and he’ll need to find work somewhere: He reportedly owes child support payments to the mothers of his nine children, and last year his lawyer said, “He doesn’t have any money.”

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again i think this is about the 25,000th time cheesey sums it up Perfectly
Thank you Mort!!!! :D

Zombie.........i think he's WAY past "birth control".
I'd say it's time they took him to the vet and had him "fixed!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts