Things Packer Fans Need To Do This Season

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things Packer fans need to do this season.
1. Don't talk super bowl until at least week 11.
Ppl talking SB in preseason is always annoying. At least wait until the Pack play the vikes before pullying a Joe Namath.
2. Let Favre go.:sFun_DeadHorse:
Dose anyone really want him back anyway? Respect his legacy by letting him do whatever he wants with it.
3. Put an end to the "G-Force" mareketing ploy.
Hey Packer PR dept, the only song more annoying than the GForce song is the Macarena. Besides Disney came up with it first (see below).
4. Buy your Packers merchandise from an offical Packers store.
Make sure Packer money goes to the Packers. Don't let third parties undercut your team. Show support by buying direct.

Thats all I got for now. Anyone got anything else?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vny3o6gLa8"]YouTube- G-Force - Jump Music Montage[/ame]

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ppl talking SB in preseason is always annoying. At least wait until the Pack play the vikes before pullying a Joe Namath.
Dose anyone really want him back anyway? Respect his legacy by letting him do whatever he wants with it.
Hey Packer PR dept, the only song more annoying than the GForce song is the Macarena. Besides Disney came up with it first (see below).
Make sure Packer money goes to the Packers. Don't let third parties undercut your team. Show support by buying direct.

YouTube- G-Force - Jump Music Montage
1: I don't.
2: I'll respect him and his legacy again, when he respects our organization and us the fans again, by not being a *****.
3: Agreed.
4: If the shipping wasn't so dear to ship to the UK, I would.

There :)

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
(...)
4: If the shipping wasn't so dear to ship to the UK, I would.

There :)

- I get merchandise shipped to Denmark and I don't find it to be that expensive ... Or you could just buy in bulk?

There is bound to be more football (and Packer) fans in the UK heh ...

I recently purchased Donald Driver shirts along with some caps and other minor items and even with the shipping I saved money compared to what I would have paid if I had bought the same things retail here in Denmark ...

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

1. Im not thinking SB right now. Just wanna do better than last season.

2. I respect him as a Former Packer. But i hate his drama ******** hes pulling. And i dont think he respects the pack anymore.

3. WTF is that song.

4. I already buy direct from the pack site.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- I get merchandise shipped to Denmark and I don't find it to be that expensive ... Or you could just buy in bulk?

There is bound to be more football (and Packer) fans in the UK heh ...

I recently purchased Donald Driver shirts along with some caps and other minor items and even with the shipping I saved money compared to what I would have paid if I had bought the same things retail here in Denmark ...

I don't know many other Packer fans, I think I know like 1 who works in the same office as me haha.

Speaking of Denmark, Christian Poulsen, good player? (Sorry, I'm just assuming you like Soccer, haha).

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I don't know many other Packer fans, I think I know like 1 who works in the same office as me haha.

Speaking of Denmark, Christian Poulsen, good player? (Sorry, I'm just assuming you like Soccer, haha).

Funny thing ... - Denmark is a very small country (especially for "Yanks") with only little more than 5.000.000 inhabitants ... - However compared to population we are the country in Europe who watches most NFL !!!

- Yeah I like soccer too ... - And Christian Poulsen IS is a phenomenal player ... - It was a good move both by Liverpool and him ... - Don't be surprised if he becomes one of Liverpools best soon !!! hah ...

That aside ... Our national (soccer) team SUCKS !!! currently ... Not much talent to assemble from this generation so far ...

- There must be some "NFL" sports bars where you can meet people who enjoy NFL ... - the UK is pretty big ... I don't believe there aren't more Football fans there ... I mean on my last trip to London and Nottingham I literally met "tons" of people who watched (NFL) football ...

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
#1, I know its annoying but it does help to have confidence and its not like hte media is helping us, they keep rooting us on.

#2 its a hard subject to drop but at least this year we tired of it. Though its hard to read up on pre-favre days.

#3 Never really got into it anyway. But hey if it gains us money somehow its not all bad.

#4 I try to buy everything but the jerseys by reputable dealers and made my first purchase from the pro shop.

I have been trying to read up more on the Packers, "Packers by the Numbers" is a good book, and am looking forward to "Vagabond Halfback: The Life and Times of Johnny Blood McNally" At lease the Packers throwbacks piqued an interest in their history.

OP
OP
jkrelt

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2: I'll respect him and his legacy again, when he respects our organization and us the fans again, by not being a *****.

Thats fine, but IMHO I'd rather put my energy into supporting the Packers then hating an ex-packer. Would you disagree with that?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing ... - Denmark is a very small country (especially for "Yanks") with only little more than 5.000.000 inhabitants ... - However compared to population we are the country in Europe who watches most NFL !!!

- Yeah I like soccer too ... - And Christian Poulsen IS is a phenomenal player ... - It was a good move both by Liverpool and him ... - Don't be surprised if he becomes one of Liverpools best soon !!! hah ...

That aside ... Our national (soccer) team SUCKS !!! currently ... Not much talent to assemble from this generation so far ...

- There must be some "NFL" sports bars where you can meet people who enjoy NFL ... - the UK is pretty big ... I don't believe there aren't more Football fans there ... I mean on my last trip to London and Nottingham I literally met "tons" of people who watched (NFL) football ...
Poulsen is indeed good, but Lucas is miles better.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agger + Poulsen = Greatness !!!

Poulsen is 10 times the player Jan Mølby ever was ... (if you can remember that far back ?)
Absolutely no idea who that was.
And G_B_P, you're comparing different positions.

Back on topic, Packers fans need to relax and enjoy the ride, because it's gonna be beautiful this year!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats fine, but IMHO I'd rather put my energy into supporting the Packers then hating an ex-packer. Would you disagree with that?

I agree.

Poulsen is indeed good, but Lucas is miles better.

Lucas was horrid against Man City last night though. Saying that, the whole team was.

Agger + Poulsen = Greatness !!!

Poulsen is 10 times the player Jan Mølby ever was ... (if you can remember that far back ?)

Agger is fantastic too. He's got ability, and shows great heart. Jan Molby is a legend. It's still hard to find a player that can pass a football like him.

Mesut Özil is better than all of them, back on topic now I disagree I would talk superbowl right now because we are good enough to win it :D

Ozil is indeed fantastic.

Absolutely no idea who that was.
And G_B_P, you're comparing different positions.

Back on topic, Packers fans need to relax and enjoy the ride, because it's gonna be beautiful this year!

Jan Molby was a Danish player who played for Liverpool. One of the best passers of the ball this country has ever seen.

Schmitty327

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont want to jinx them but I do like to think they have a shot and even the Packers players are talking about it this year, but if Slocum dosent get his **** together on Special Teams we can forget it.

I am very happy that Favre came back because now we get another shot and him and maybe Rodgers can show him up and get that monkey off his back.

I dont like the G force thing either. Kinda sounds kidish to me.

I do buy a lot of stuff from the Pro Shop, but it is pretty pricy. You cant really get anything decent anywhere elese though. I hate see all the same stuff on people. The Pro Shop has some cool original gear. The Packers tent sale is the time to go to.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
come to think of it the G force song and that other funky song they play in the stadium when anything positive happens I'm not a big fan of either

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for buying Packers clothes, why not support your local thrift store?
Sure it's hit or miss but you might find a nice new looking shirt miles below the store price.
Plus your helping your local economy, as well as a charitable cause depending on where you buy. (Goodwill, Easter Seals, the homeless etc.)
And it helps the environment by saving on resources and doesn't support sweat shops.
It's all good.

As for other stuff for you to do:
Just do whatever you want to do to support and enjoy the Packers this year.
I think it will be a great and exciting season!

My checklist:
Go out to at least one bar this season to share in the experience with other Packer fans. (Probably the first Pack/Vikes game. Wanna watch Burnt Fail get burnt and fail with others.)
Have Wisconsin beer or wine on hand for a game or two while watching at home. (I like variety and moderation. I can't drink Miller or microbrews every weekend.)
Wear my Packers shirt, which I scored at a thrift store, for all games.
Toast touchdowns and maybe field goals with Jaggermeister.

OP
OP
jkrelt

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Excellent post.

Cant wait for the regular season to startup. We've got a great team this year and I'm just going to try to enjoy every moment of it.

thrift stores = awesome.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Excellent post.

Cant wait for the regular season to startup. We've got a great team this year and I'm just going to try to enjoy every moment of it.

thrift stores = awesome.
Why thank you.

I am always astounded by the quality and quantity of Packers shirts I see whenever I browse a local thrift store called Savers. (The proceeds go towards Easter Seals.)

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. I've thought about it, but have never actually said anything about it.

2. I have.

3. Wasn't aware of it until now.

4. I'll keep that in mind.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Agreed but I will add dont talk about it unless you're undefeated at that point and have home-field wrapped up through the playoffs.

2. Couldn't agree more.

3. I don't remember hearing at packer games but I will listen for it on Oct. 24th

4. I will buy t-shirts, jackets, and other lower price items but $80 for a replica jersey is a little ridiculous. I support the Packers by way of paying taxes in brown county.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts