Things just got "Shakey" in Green Bay!

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to get excited with ol' Shakey, with Cobb on the roster. We'll see. Stranger things have happened with some of Ted's signings.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone care to take bets on who might be this years Shields? Although I highly doubt we strike that much gold twice haha...

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With 4.60 speed, I'm afraid we are not going to be seeing the next Deion Sanders or DeSean Jackson as a return man. Shakey, Im afraid is going to be, at best, Shakey...

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
With 4.60 speed, I'm afraid we are not going to be seeing the next Deion Sanders or DeSean Jackson as a return man. Shakey, Im afraid is going to be, at best, Shakey...

Desmond Howard ran a 4.7 in the 40. Speed is not the only factor. Guys can get faster working with pro strength and conditioning coaches as well. At least we will have some decent competition at a position that has been a weakness for a very long time.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
AmishMafia, you and I both had Shaky to the Pack in our mock drafts. I believe I had him in the 7th round.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched this guys highlight reels on youtube. Wow. I really hope he makes the roster. His open field abilities are amazing! Theres nothing shakey about his skills as a return man IMO.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They prob. brought him in for competition for Cobb
I don't think there will be room on this roster for him though....
we're pretty stacked at WR
and we all know about TT and his TE fetish

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I'm craving some Shakey's mojos right now. Is there a restaurant left in Wisconsin? The one down here in Milwaukee has been gone for years.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the kid lands somewhere but I don't think, or really want it to be with the packers. Cobb should be the KR/PR and for the right reasons. He has NFL speed and elusiveness. I watched videos of Shakey on youtube of him and college and he was getting run down from behind in almost every video I saw. Imagine how much quicker NFL players are going to run him down and/or get to him.

People who say speed doesn't matter and point to players like barry sanders, emmitt smith, desmond howard etc... are correct, it is not important when you are a very special player. All indications are that Smithson is not a special player.

Also, I think a lot of people get caught up in the need for a return man that is like devin hester or desean jackson when in reality its important to have someone who has great ball security and continually moves up field. That said, there is just not enough room for him on the roster with cobb there as well.

Go Pack Go

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The only thing that was Shaky was his play!

..I'll show myself out.

I hate agreeing with this, but I felt the same thing. I want him, Gurley, and Cobb, to make the team but only one of them looked hot and our roster spots don't come easy.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ol' Shakes was getting a lot of playing time to show a glimmer of play-making ability. The NFL sure isn't the Mountain West Conference...

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shakey is the best player ever to come outta Utah. In college he was a big fish in a small pond. He's not extremly fast but I'm more than ok with that as he is amazing at making people miss.

This year my long shot pick to make the 53 is shakey. it sounds outlandish but I think he has some of the most versitility on the roster. I think he will be perfect for PR and Cobb at KR. Plus if u know his story he's "packer people." which I think management puts some consideration into.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see ol' Shakes making the practice squad, and then being signed by another team when their return man goes down. Get your fill of ol' Shaky during the pre-season...

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Since Cobb is our great returner and we gave Gurley a raise any chance we are going to keep Shakey, who was on IR the whole year?

Members online

Latest posts