Things I think I know after tonight

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both Green Bay and Dallas didn't play up to their potential. When I watched the Colts and Patriots in the 2006 AFC Championship game I felt like that was both of those teams playing their A game. Dallas and Green Bay tonight didn't really look like this was their best to offer. Great game though but I would love to see how this game would look like with both teams focusing on all cylinders.

Atari Bigby is slowly regressing. He's becoming a major liability and when Rouse gets back he needs to start with Collins. It may take a few weeks to get them used to each other in the back end of the secondary but it will be worth it come playoff time.

Aaron Rodgers as the future is possibly a good thing. He looked real good. Sure we didn't win but he did nothing for the Packers to lose this game. In fact he brought the team back.

The Coaches need to stop being so stubborn defensively. If you're not getting pressure via a 4 man front then blitz. They did it later on in the game but by then it was to late.

With that said I think if Woodson is on the field, Green Bay can do a lot more defensively. Like Blitz the backers.

I think Al Harris Intercepted Romo on the first play from Dallas. Real shame that the one ref blew the whistle to soon because that would of really put Dallas in a tough corner.

I think Green Bay needed this. I didn't really believe they were a 15-1 team. I was overly optimistic like any Packer fan but being a realist I new we'd lose one or two more times. A nice wake up call might be what the team needed. Last time was loss we won our next 6 games. If we do that again then we're in the Super Bowl.

Finally I reluctantly believe Dallas is the best team in the NFC BUT I do think Green Bay can beat them but it's going to take them playing on their A game to do so. They can't have turnovers and penalties and beat this Dallas team.

That's what I think :pop:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88,

Great post, I agree with everything you said. Wake up call over with, let's start that winning streak !!!

Cheers !!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO pressure on Romo........thats what killed us. They should have at least TRIED to blitz more.
But i guess with the way they gashed us with the run too, you really couldn't do that either.
Our D was outclassed BIG time tonight.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post, porky. Put a healthy Packers defense out there, and I'd like to think the outcome would have been different. We all know there were some questionable calls by the refs, but we still hung in there.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Did you see a lot of zone coverage being called too? Any ideas why?

Well Woodson being out is probably the biggest reason. You take out Woodson and that brings up a huge problem with Patrick Crayton. With Woodson healthy and in the game he can take Crayton out of the game which allows GB to double a guy like TO or Witten.

Another reason is I don't think the coaches new exactly how well we'd play against Dallas. It seemed like we were feeling them out defensively and Dallas was attacking us. Next time we play, we won't have to do any "feeling" out cause we'll know what they'll bring which does benefit a team like the Packers in this case.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Things I think I know after tonight ...

The Raiders better bring their hard hats next week... we will be one pissed off hitting team...

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they showed Woodson on the sideline, he looked like he was just chomping at the bit to get in there!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
going into this game... i thought to myself multiple times. somehow... the team that loses this game might have the advantage in round 2.

healthy, prepared, focused, determined... i wouldnt bet against the packers.

Scythe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things I know after tonight:

The NFL should adapt the college rule on pass interference (A fifteen yard penalty, not the spot of the foul).

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The NFL should adapt the college rule on pass interference (A fifteen yard penalty, not the spot of the foul).

Or, what Colinsworth was saying, have those plays be reviewable. The only way they would probably have it reviewable is if the call came from the booth, though. But it'd be better than nothing.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
going into this game... i thought to myself multiple times. somehow... the team that loses this game might have the advantage in round 2.

The last time two 10-1 teams faced each other the losing team in the regular season went onto to win in the NFC Title game and then the Super Bowl.

The 49ers beat the Giants in the regular season and the Giants then beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship game.

So hopefully history repeats itself if the Pack and Cowboys play again.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No way. It does need to be reviewable, though.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree Big Time Packnic, I felt the same way and I will bet on them,,,Oh yeah, I can feel the win !!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Woodson being out is probably the biggest reason. You take out Woodson and that brings up a huge problem with Patrick Crayton. With Woodson healthy and in the game he can take Crayton out of the game which allows GB to double a guy like TO or Witten.

Another reason is I don't think the coaches new exactly how well we'd play against Dallas. It seemed like we were feeling them out defensively and Dallas was attacking us. Next time we play, we won't have to do any "feeling" out cause we'll know what they'll bring which does benefit a team like the Packers in this case.

I didnt get to see the game YET..

But with Woodson out was my biggest concern, not only for his ability, but for his leadership and his help to the younger guys back there

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things.........

01. TT did not waste a #1 pick 3 yrs ago. Great job A. Rodgers. You cannot say enough about a guy who week in and week out knows he probably isn't going to play but prepares and is ready when he is called on!!!

02. The coaching staff IMHO "outhunk" themselves. To many trick plays early, and too many plays designed to go deep. Looked to me that they were trying to catch the Dallas d offguard and it backfired, but I am sure they learned from it. Stay with what has worked this year.

03. Goes with #2, Brett is going to be Brett, call for the deep ball and he is going to try and make the throw, both times the pressure caused the bad throw and interception.

04. Woodson and KGB need to be on the field. Two veteran guys who solidify what I think is a pretty damn good defense, the young guys looked lost tonight without their leadership.

Final thought.....The hardest thing to do in the NFL is to WIN ON THE ROAD, anywhere!!!

The Packers went into the game not at 100%, had some questionable calls go against them, lost their starting QB early, but still had a chance to tie the game in the 4th quarter, so I say ...............................
GREAT EFFORT TO THE WHOLE PACKER TEAM!!!!

10 days to get healthy and to go over the films.

There will be a rematch and the outcome will be different!!!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seemed that we went away from everything that has made us successful on both sides of the ball in the 1st half.
This is a young football team and it showed in certain areas.
Playing so much zone defense hurt us.
I think that if we go back to what we do best with a healthy team we beat the Cowboys.
Aaron Rodgers is ready to play when Brett decides to retire.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The things i think i know after tonight are,

1. Our D-line has depth no doubt, but our secondary has no depth. Every time Romo passed down the field it was either a big play or a pass interference. A little exposed. Hope we get extremely healthy in the playoffs.

2. The future looks ok with A-Rod. Though alot of the plays were made after the catch, have to give credit to Greg.

3. Our run game is real. Running on the queens and then running on Dallas has officially made me a believer.

4. Dallas is an elite team and Green Bay is a young team with potential. Despite what happens after the season, even if we go one and done in the playoffs, GB has surpassed all my expectations this season. 10-2 with no free agents, i picked us to go 6-10 this season.

I know i might be flamed for saying this but, i would have rather lost to the Oakland raiders next week-than to lose to Dallas. Where i grow up in NM, Dallas Cowboys is a bad word. My entire town is derived of half arogant cowboy fans and half cowboy haters. If there was one game at the beginning of the season that i wanted us to win it was this one. The second one was Philly cause i cant stand Donovan MCfailure.

Members online

Latest posts