They won't win without Rodgers

Reaction score
As always, with each year, my hopes are for the Packers to be one of two opponents in the Super Bowl.
Since that isn't looking very likely or, heck, even one playoff game I'm going to hope for the next best thing.
And that is to beat the Bears with a healthy Air-Run at Soldier Field and either taking or keeping Da Bears out of the playoffs.
Even if it ends up being a meaningless game for Da Bears, I still want some sweet revenge from our boys.

I'm not giving up until we are mathematically eliminated, but the fat lady is warming up. I think the Bears are toast!

If we don't make the playoffs, I'm hoping Carolina will and that is who I will root for from the NFC. I pretty much despise everyone else except for maybe, Tampa....and they sure won't be there. What a sad disappointing year.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With this OFFENSIVE line and this defense (WITH A BUNCH OF GUYS THAT ARE AFRAID TO TACKLE), this team won't even win with Rodgers.
Who the hell ever got out coached by Jim Schwartz, until today.
What has happened?
Can 1 player make that much difference that the team and coaching staff falls apart?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With this OFFENSIVE line and this defense (WITH A BUNCH OF GUYS THAT ARE AFRAID TO TACKLE), this team won't even win with Rodgers.
Who the hell ever got out coached by Jim Schwartz, until today.
What has happened?
Can 1 player make that much difference that the team and coaching staff falls apart?
That's the head scratcher and is part of my question/conversation starter in my OP.

What can the Pack do in the off season to get wins if the Main Man goes down ever again?
They have a laundry list of issues that need to be addressed.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said two weeks ago, this team isn't a team that squeaks into the playoffs and goes on a winning streak. So many problems. I want to win the division but I would cringe at getting blown out in the playoffs.

I blame injuries and players not progressing.

Lot will change in the off season. Lots of contracts up. Unless you're Aaron or clay I think you should be playing for your job the rest of the season.

I'm ready to explore new coordinators on both offense and defense.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wrong about the Packers without Rodgers, dead wrong. I said they'd lose every game they'd play without him. How could I be so off? They managed to TIE a game! So they've gone 0-4-1 so far, not 0-5.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That's the head scratcher and is part of my question/conversation starter in my OP.

What can the Pack do in the off season to get wins if the Main Man goes down ever again?
They have a laundry list of issues that need to be addressed.

I`m a little concerned that people think the return of One player can right this sinking ship, and I say that respectfully to everybody. For Rodgers to be effective he needs protection (that offensive line would get him killed). That defensive line cannot tackle to save its life. We`ve had people on here saying "this player" is out, or "that player" is vital to this defense and we`ll get better when he gets back........and surprise surprise, it doesn`t happen. I`m not trying to be doom and gloom, but fact is we SUCKED last night, everybody SUCKED. We regularly call for Capers to be cut loose, or the conditioning coach to be cut. Mike McCarthy seems like a nice guy, but last night he looked like he didn`t have a clue what to do.
We could have had the greatest player ever at QB last night, insert name here(.....................), and he would have been slaughtered. I`m rambling now and having breathing difficulties with a panic attack and need a brown paper bag !!!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I`m a little concerned that people think the return of One player can right this sinking ship, and I say that respectfully to everybody. For Rodgers to be effective he needs protection (that offensive line would get him killed). That defensive line cannot tackle to save its life. We`ve had people on here saying "this player" is out, or "that player" is vital to this defense and we`ll get better when he gets back........and surprise surprise, it doesn`t happen. I`m not trying to be doom and gloom, but fact is we SUCKED last night, everybody SUCKED. We regularly call for Capers to be cut loose, or the conditioning coach to be cut. Mike McCarthy seems like a nice guy, but last night he looked like he didn`t have a clue what to do.
We could have had the greatest player ever at QB last night, insert name here(.....................), and he would have been slaughtered. I`m rambling now and having breathing difficulties with a panic attack and need a brown paper bag !!!
make sure it's a cheese bag………….

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season is lost. That was the worst display I've seen in twenty years. How a team can get beat that bad with everything on the line like that I don't understand ? Rodgers and Cobb should not play until they are 100%, if at all this year. If it hadn't been for the takeaways we may have lost by 50. Complete and and total collapse.

I agree. The Pack shouldn't risk aggravating injuries to key players in a season which is already lost. Even if they scraped through to the playoffs, they wouldn't go far. They should take advantage of a better draft position (after a predictable losing season) and rebuild, taking note that without Aaron Rodgers the team is hopeless. The defense doesn't stop anyone, the running game is still very insufficient. It's a team very dependent (in all aspects) on a (very) good quarter-back and without him there everything fell appart, although things weren't going that well before the injury.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Hmmm.....Let's see here. We could ( major "could") win out and finish the regular season 9-6-1. That sounds like a positive note until you consider the other contenders out there.

Seattle SeCawks, best NFC team
Saints
Panthers
49ers
Arizona
Dallas
Detroit

Some of these teams are in the drivers seat in their respective divisions, the others are fighting and clawing for the 2 wild card spots. I am NOT seeing us getting even a remote chance at a wild card spot given what the other contenders are doing as of right now.

Pack it in guys, the season is now officially over. I may just use my Sunday afternoons for getting household projects and yardwork done, I will check the score from my iphone, but I doubt it is even worth caring about now. We held our own destiny in our hands and we got utterly embarrassed and overall B*TCH slapped on turkey day with all of America watching. Should have stuck the fork in us, we are done.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Wise decision not to watch, FF. I wouldn't know where to begin. Our D looked like they chose to play "flag" football again this week and I doubt anybody on this OL could block Charles Nelson Reilly > dead OR alive. Just got punched in the mouth for the entire 60 minutes and the score could have (should have) been much worse.

Here are a few glaring statistics: How about that "24" yards rushing? Brutal performance today.

First downs: GB 7 Det 30
3rd down conversions: GB 2-10 Det 9-12
Plays: GB 42 Det 79
Sacks - yds lost: GB 7-37 Det 1-10
Rushing: GB 24 :mad: Det 241
Passing: GB 102 Det 320
Total yds: GB 126 Det 561
Time of poss: GB 19:34 Det 40:26

Hard to pick out one line in this set of stats without looking for a puppy to kick....but I zeroed in on first downs and T.O.P. as usual. The Lions would have done better on 3rd down conversions if they really had any third downs. All things considered, this pretty much sums up my summation:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Starting to think about the thread title...... doubt we could pull off a win even with Arod.... our defense has more holes than swiss cheese right about now. Arod would have had to put up 41 points to win coming off an injury......wow...doubtful.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said this exact same thing weeks ago...this team is terrible without Rodgers, the o-line can't block, and all of a sudden the run defense is horrendous. I kid you not the only time i heard Raji's name was at the start of the game when they were announcing the starters..don't give him didly, he has been worthless this yr and I will cxl my NFL Sunday ticket if they pay him big bucks. That money can go towards re-signing Shields and bringing James Jones back. If the defense is going to suck mise well surround Rodgers with as many weapons as possible so he can put up 40 a game.

The o-line? omg please blow it up and start over..no one should be guaranteed a job, Sitton included..he got worked like the rest of the bunch. Bahk has done ok at LT but he's not the right man for the job, and RT has been an issue all year as i actually stood up and clapped when they took Newhouse sorry behind out of the game.

The d-line? all i can do is think to myself how terrible they look. Just manhandled two weeks in a row? Pickett, and Raji both need to dissapear. They need to build the -line around Jolly and Daniels and hopefully find another stud DT or DE somewhere because Dhaytone Jones was a wasted pick as well..go figure eh? (Teddy lovers)

Secondary? Shields is the only guy i would keep..Williams released, and House bench, Hayward keeps his spot and Hyde takes over the other corner spot. They may not be the fastest but there are plenty of corners in Canton who weren't track stars. Morgan Burnett would have to fight for his job and i'd serious give that kid Sean Richardson a shot at the other starting safety spot. Dang i miss Collins and Woodson so bad.

Capers? has to go..can't say that enough. He has to go period.. and take that God awful 3-4 defense with him. Good riddens

I

I said this exact same thing weeks ago...this team is terrible without Rodgers, the o-line can't block, and all of a sudden the run defense is horrendous. I kid you not the only time i heard Raji's name was at the start of the game when they were announcing the starters..don't give him didly, he has been worthless this yr and I will cxl my NFL Sunday ticket if they pay him big bucks. That money can go towards re-signing Shields and bringing James Jones back. If the defense is going to suck mise well surround Rodgers with as many weapons as possible so he can put up 40 a game.

The o-line? omg please blow it up and start over..no one should be guaranteed a job, Sitton included..he got worked like the rest of the bunch. Bahk has done ok at LT but he's not the right man for the job, and RT has been an issue all year and i stood up and clapped when they took Newhouse sorry behind out of the game.

The d-line? all i can do is think to myself how terrible they look. Just manhandled two weeks in a row? Pickett, and Raji both need to dissapear. They need to build the -line around Jolly and Daniels and hopefully find another stud DT or DE somewhere because Dhaytone Jones was a wasted pick as well..go figure eh?

Secondary? Shields is the only guy i would keep..Williams released, and House bench, Hayward keeps his spot and Hyde takes over the other corner spot. They may not be the fastest but there are plenty of corners in Canton who weren't track stars. Morgan Burnett would have to fight for his job and i'd serious give that kid Sean Richardson a shot at the other starting safety spot. Dang i miss Collins and Woodson so bad.

Capers? has to go..can't say that enough. He has to go period.. and take that God awful 3-4 defense with him. Good riddens

This surprises me because you`ve never mentioned it before :eek:.

I

Yea i have, can't remember what thread it was in but i've defnitely mentioned it.
I know....that was said with tongue firmly in cheek :tup:. You should lighten up a bit mate, you`re going to give yourself an ulcer if you`re not careful. They Sucked....I think everybody saw it. ;)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can a rookie be a bust in 11 games

Not really calling him a bust..but should he have been taken in the 1st round? well i didn't like the pick and still don't but that's my opinion. He's had little to no impact at all. I'll tell you who did have an impact tho that other rookie. Ziggy Ansah?? i'm sure the o-line will have nightmares about him.. but the name Dhatone Jones? sometmes i forget he's on our team...and i watch EVERY single game...sometimes twice. It's very possible for rookies to be bust after 11 games however. Then again, maybe it's not him as much as the coaching and scheme.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He was projected as late 1st round and early 2nd...We got him at 26..

time will tell

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm.....Let's see here. We could ( major "could") win out and finish the regular season 9-6-1. That sounds like a positive note until you consider the other contenders out there.

Seattle SeCawks, best NFC team
Saints
Panthers
49ers
Arizona
Dallas
Detroit

Some of these teams are in the drivers seat in their respective divisions, the others are fighting and clawing for the 2 wild card spots. I am NOT seeing us getting even a remote chance at a wild card spot given what the other contenders are doing as of right now.

Pack it in guys, the season is now officially over. I may just use my Sunday afternoons for getting household projects and yardwork done, I will check the score from my iphone, but I doubt it is even worth caring about now. We held our own destiny in our hands and we got utterly embarrassed and overall B*TCH slapped on turkey day with all of America watching. Should have stuck the fork in us, we are done.
If the Packers are to make the playoffs, it will be by winning the division. The following gets the Packers into the playoffs as division champions:

Bears 3-1 over next 4 weeks.
Lions 2-2
Packers 4-0

The season is far from over.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really calling him a bust..but should he have been taken in the 1st round? well i didn't like the pick and still don't but that's my opinion. He's had little to no impact at all. I'll tell you who did have an impact tho that other rookie. Ziggy Ansah?? i'm sure the o-line will have nightmares about him.. but the name Dhatone Jones? sometmes i forget he's on our team...and i watch EVERY single game...sometimes twice. It's very possible for rookies to be bust after 11 games however. Then again, maybe it's not him as much as the coaching and scheme.

There's a big difference between a 1st rounder taken at #5 and one taken at #26. Much easier to get an immediate contributor when you're picking in the top 5.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Even if Arod comes back for the next game, do you think he wont be a tad rusty? Even is he comes out **** hot, our defense alone will make it a tough task for him to put up the amount of point required for a win. You are correct about us in one way, if we were to win the division that is the ONLY way we get a shot at the play-offs. How do you see that happening? We still have to play Dallas, in dallas.... we have to play the Bears, in chicago and we have to play the steelers, who have a hot hand as of late.....so....do you really see us going 4-0 to close out the season and the other teams in the NFC north losing in the scenario you wrote? I sure as hell don't. I can no longer be positive at this point. The only game I see us winning would be the game vs ATL..... and that is only because the are lacking Julio Jones and roddy white....our DB's could NOT handle those 2 guys if they were healthy....so how can we expect to handle Dez Bryant/Miles Austin/Jason whitten from dallas and then have to contend with Brandon Marshall/Alshon Jeffrie/Forte ? Your hopes are a mile to high my friend.

Members online

Latest posts