They gave Obama stock in the team?!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a joke, and Woodson was just rubbing the Packers success in on the Bears fan Obama.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the big deal? He's the president of the United States.

The president always gets special gifts when a sports team visits.

It's tradition.

Plus, since he's a Bears fan, it forces him to be a Packers part-owner, which he can't turn it down.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't buy it. But they give it to a scum sucking bears fan? Come on!!

It was a joke, and Woodson was just rubbing the Packers success in on the Bears fan Obama.
From reading this other take on it, I don't think it was a joke.
If you still think it was a joke, please provide a link that states it was.

President Obama welcomes Packers to White House

I agree that it's not right to give him stock when the rest of us can't get it.

Also because I'll-Bomb-Ya continues putting American troops in harms way while they murder innocent civilians in wars he promised to end. Also, this Peace Prize winning President has gotten America involved in a third.
He doesn't deserve gifts that the rest of us can't get until he starts living up to his catch words of "Hope" and "Change."

Sorry for getting up on my soapbox like that, but I'll-Bomb-Ya just rubs me the wrong way even though I was stupid enough to vote for him.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really want to buy stock, I hope you're right that they're going to sell stock soon, and maybe giving Obama a share is a sign. It definitely was a real share - I'd like to see the president show up at the shareholders' meeting!

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Obama giving tons of praise to Arod. Something along the lines of " Aaron isn't just one of the best QBs in the game, but possibly of ALL TIME." Don't get me wrong, Arod is a stud. But to say "possibly the best of all time?" That's pretty high praise from the president.

Reaction score
How about Obama giving tons of praise to Arod. Something along the lines of " Aaron isn't just one of the best QBs in the game, but possibly of ALL TIME." Don't get me wrong, Arod is a stud. But to say "possibly the best of all time?" That's pretty high praise from the president.

I bet it is because he messed up.. You could tell that he stuttered.. I think he was going to say "_____ to becoming one of the best QB's in the league"

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
First, it's an "honorary stock", don't mean crap. Being a Bears fan, he will probably have a "Packer stock certificate burning" party sometime in the future. Bears fans are not smart enough to keep it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buying a "share" of the pretend stock is a waste of money.
I can print you a "fake" one just the same, and you can spend that money on a Packer ticket or some jerseys instead.

Theoretically.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He almost had to choke it out, I don't think you can call Arod one of the greats just yet and he knew it.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
WTF people are actually angry that THE FRIKIN PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES got a share and THEY did not? Wow.

And let's not get political in here.

No Sh*t. What a dissapointing read. We're talking about a piece of paper honoring our Super Bowl winning team. Lighten up and save the political rants for another thread.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
What a fantastic thing. These guys getting to meet a sitting US POTUS. I remember back in the early 80's, just being in the general vicinity of the guy sitting in that chair... (did a 6-month internship in D.C.) and seeing all of the pomp and circumstance and security and protocol that goes with that was something to behold - I only got within 30 feet of the POTUS during that time but just being there, in that close proximity was roughly tantamount to seeing the look in my then 8-year-old's eyes the first time I took him to a Packers game. These guys earned it

...and, the oppportunity to dig at a Bears fan ... a die-hard Bears fan at that. This is almost as cool as being presented with the Halas Trophy in the "bowels of beast", that being Soldier Field. Guys it doesn't get any better than that. I thought Obama took it to a different level than POTUS's past because of that allegiance to the Bears ... and made it a lot more fun because of his ability to talk "****"...most fans call it 'smack', but I like calling it what it is ... we all do it, some have more FUN with it than others...but...it was a moment of levity that I'll treasure.

Congrats to the Pack and thanks to the Pres. ... I'm no fan of the Pres' politics (I'm no fan of the opposition's politics neither) ... but ... gentlemen, we are talking about THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Our guys got to meet the President of the United States. :happy0005:

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Are people really complaining about the team giving the POTUS a share in the team? I'm glad the team enjoyed themselves, very cool to meet the president, whether you voted for him or not.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buying a "share" of the pretend stock is a waste of money.
I can print you a "fake" one just the same, and you can spend that money on a Packer ticket or some jerseys instead.

Theoretically.

You do realize that the proceeds from stock sales are used to help pay for operating costs by the team so that they can use primary revenues to pay player salaries? Without the stock sale in '98 we wouldn't have the atrium, stadium remodeling, etc.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
You do realize that the proceeds from stock sales are used to help pay for operating costs by the team so that they can use primary revenues to pay player salaries? Without the stock sale in '98 we wouldn't have the atrium, stadium remodeling, etc.

Another stock sale would be sweet

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Hey, not only that, but Brown County was hit a one-half of one-percent sales tax to cover the municipality's (city and county) portion of that renovation. That debt was paid in full already ... 15 years early. Yep, paid in full. Guess what though, the sales tax ain't going away though...surprise, surprise. As I told my brother in law when the tax was enacted, who has to LIVE with that sales tax, "You watch, once that debt is retired, that tax won't go away. It'll be like a bad S.T.D. - just no getting rid of it." Sure enough, they're leaving it in place... for 5 more years (for now) ... but, it won't go away then neither. Poor bastiges...