Theodore Strikes Again ...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we will ever know how much pusuit the Packers gave him but he did look awesome against the Pats on Monday Night.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You know people amaze me..

Everyone and their mother were smashing down the forums begging for them to sign someone to replace Al...

Now that there is a hint they were trying, the Packers still get ridiculed..

Yes I am talking about your title, why use that???

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, I was thinking the same thing watching that game. If I was in Mckenzie shoes I would have signed with the Saints. Although who would have thought he could play to that level with his age coming off a major injury. He been sitting at home all season.

I am sure if TT or anyone would have known he still had that kind of performance in him, TT would have opened the check book. After the fact always makes things look so easy.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers wanted McKenzie, too

As it turns out, there were two suitors for the services of cornerback Mike McKenzie, one of the unlikely heroes of Monday night's game for the ages between the Saints and the Patriots.Per a league source, the Packers were chasing...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Everyone and their mother were smashing down the forums begging for them to sign someone to replace Al...

I agree with you. Where was the criticism before Monday Night? I did not see one thread anywhere asking why we didn't bring in McKenzie. After the fact always makes things so much clearer. I mean really who new?

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I recall correctly Mike McKenzie had nothing but disdain for GB in '04 & that's why he's no longer with us. To think he'd come back or the organization would even want him back is insulting to me as a fan. He was ten times worse than #4 with his attitude towards management at that time.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would go to NO too if given the choice. They are a contender and the pack will be lucky to make it into the playoffs. But I wonder if one of the factors was the wording of the contract...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Swear words!

He played fantastic for NO on Monday night. Would've loved to see him doing that in a Packer uni again.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because Teddy Ballgame is up to his usual - nickel and diming - tricks. If you read the portion about:

In the end, McKenzie selected the Saints, in part because the Saints were willing to omit from his contract any language protecting the team against further salary obligation if a knee injury were to land McKenzie on injured reserve.

To think that a decent cornerback to replace a stud lost for the season could come down to such a trivial matter - considering the cost of signing him for the rest of the season was minimal.

So, yes, Tight Teddy is par for his course. Remember the lowly "5th" rounder he offered to Al Davis for Moss in which Al told him to get bent? How about that "inexpensive but not cheap" Marquand Manuel? It's the cut-rate, fly-by-nite mentality of Teddy's that is frustrating.

How's all that hop-n-change workin' out for ya'll???:happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I recall correctly Mike McKenzie had nothing but disdain for GB in '04 & that's why he's no longer with us. To think he'd come back or the organization would even want him back is insulting to me as a fan. He was ten times worse than #4 with his attitude towards management at that time.
Exactly.

And not only that, but HE CALLED THE SAINTS.

Pointless thread.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly.

And not only that, but HE CALLED THE SAINTS.

Pointless thread.

I love how you decide which threads are relevant and which are not - Reminds me of the Global Warming alarmists who attempt to stifle any attempts at open, honest debate. Classic stuff. :)

You are aware that there was contact between McKenzie and the Packers, correct???:shock:

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how you decide which threads are relevant and which are not - Reminds me of the Global Warming alarmists who attempt to stifle any attempts at open, honest debate. Classic stuff. :)

You are aware that there was contact between McKenzie and the Packers, correct???:shock:
Just another example of TT not being able to close a deal. But at least he tried and that enough for most fans I guess.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Because Teddy Ballgame is up to his usual - nickel and diming - tricks. If you read the portion about:

To think that a decent cornerback to replace a stud lost for the season could come down to such a trivial matter - considering the cost of signing him for the rest of the season was minimal.

So, yes, Tight Teddy is par for his course. Remember the lowly "5th" rounder he offered to Al Davis for Moss in which Al told him to get bent? How about that "inexpensive but not cheap" Marquand Manuel? It's the cut-rate, fly-by-nite mentality of Teddy's that is frustrating.

How's all that hop-n-change workin' out for ya'll???:happy0005:

Got solid proof that "tighty ted" didnt offer as much as N.O.?

Or is it one of those things that you have to read between the lines?

Or is it just that the team was trying to protect themselves from a player that had an injury when playing on other team.

You know full well if they signed him, and the knee flared up and then they had to doi an injury settlement the hounds would be all over it

Just admit that no matter what Ted would NEVER win in situations like this..

BTW

your aware that there are others directly involved with negotiating with agent? Ted isnt the one doing it..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate the fact that there have been times the Packers never even contacted a player to come in..but I also hate the fact that people just ASSume that since a player didnt come here it was ONLY about money

They forget that Adam Vinetarria(spelling) was offered the highest a kicker ever got and turned them down.

Forgot that Lavar Arrington got offered more but went to East to play against the his former team..In fact Brandt ( not Tighty Ted) was on the phone with his agent UPPING the contract as Lavar was getting ready to sign the contract with the Giants

But it is ALWAYS Ted wont spend more then the next team..thats a effing cop out excuse that SOMETIMES might be true, but to pass it off as it is ALWAYS the excuse is just damn ignorant.Specially when all the facts are not out

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Contact? You are aware that McKenzie said himself he wanted to be with the Saints, right?

Leave it to you haters to blame Ted Thompson for not signing someone who didn't want to come in in the first place... That's why this is a pointless thread.

Can you please do a thread that's not smack talk??? Or all you do is troll?
-
And wait a minute, did you just said Global Warming isn't real???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A while back Mike wanted out of GB, pitched a fit, faked an injury to get traded to N.O..

why would he want to come back now?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I wouldn't want him back anyways, but that's just me.
For me, no grudges. If he can make our team better, I want him.

Favre can come back if he wants, for all I care. He'd make us better (if he kept playing the way he is now).

Nobody quote that last part. I don't want to make this thread about Favre, because they all eventually end up being about him. Lol.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McKenzie is playing some good football right now and he can really make an impact for Green Bay, his attitude is the problem. If he truly wants to come back then I'd want him back.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without getting into a huge climate debate on a football forum, I'll just take a moment to stick up for the poster who merely mentioned that some people like to win their arguments by denying that the opposition exists, like some in the "scientific community" who maintain that a sensible person couldn't possibly disagree with their point of view, therefore Global Warming dissension is propagated by ignorance or lack of enlightenment.

Hence they're not even qualified to enter the debate, so they don't have a horse in the race. Winner by TKO.

Hmmm, I think I can tie this into the McKenzie discussion... he played for Memphis St., Memphis is in Tenn., Tenn. is contiguous to Kentucky, Kentucky has horse races & there you go.:jester:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without getting into a huge climate debate on a football forum, I'll just take a moment to stick up for the poster who merely mentioned that some people like to win their arguments by denying that the opposition exists, like some in the "scientific community" who maintain that a sensible person couldn't possibly disagree with their point of view, therefore Global Warming dissension is propagated by ignorance or lack of enlightenment.

Hence they're not even qualified to enter the debate, so they don't have a horse in the race. Winner by TKO.

Hmmm, I think I can tie this into the McKenzie discussion... he played for Memphis St., Memphis is in Tenn., Tenn. is contiguous to Kentucky, Kentucky has horse races & there you go.:jester:
The way that logic works makes me assume that a discussion about the Earth being round or not is acceptable...

I know, I know, quantum physics and all that, but a proven fact cannot be contradicted by an unsubstanced response of an accusation of denying the other side.

Because it's not that the other point isn't considered. It is, but it's not regarded as fact, and that conclusion is based on evidence.

Members online

Latest posts