The Vikings Curse of #4

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Vikings #4 Curse

Little does anyone know that Brett Favre truly cursed the Vikings team, good and bad.

Before his arrival in Minnesota, they had a long history of washed up quarterbacks in the twilights of their careers having one or two last good seasons in Minnesota, and some stand outs even brought them into the playoffs, thinking a veteran at the end of their career was a guarentee for a Super Bowl, it's never happened.

The washed up quarterback syndrome disease in Minnesota was around long before Favre...Let's take a look at what happened with some other washed up quarterbacks before Favre.

Brian Griese
Gus Ferrotte
Brad Johnson (Second time)
Jeff George
Randall Cunnigham
Warren Moon
Jim McMahon
Archie Manning
Fran Tarkenton (Second time, don't really count because he wasn't exactly washed up)

Did I miss anyone?

This is where the curse begins....

On the list, there's all these washed up quarterbacks. Some had their final good season in Minnesota, as did the old gun slinger would.

Favre's magic came to life in Minnesota, lighting up the team to a 12-4 record and #2 seed in the NFC. He swept his former team, but it all ended in the NFC Championship where the Saints delivered the perfect formula of beating the 40 year old quarterback, giving him the most hits he had ever taken in a single game of his entire long career. As I said it was good (Favre's record season) and then it got bad (2010 season) then it got even worse.

So what happened after Favre's magic runs out? Is it a coincidence?

The Vikings have had 4 quarterbacks since 2010 (Favre, McNabb, Webb, and Ponder)

The Vikings have lost 4 times to the Packers (Favre's former team) since losing the NFC Championship in 2010

In 2010 the Vikings had only 4 Pro Bowlers

The Vikings are 0-4 in Super Bowls

The Vikings are 0-4 in the NFC Confrence Title Game since 1977 (1977, 1987, 1998, 2009)

Would it be a coincidence if the Vikings finished 4-12? Or 2-14 being 6-10 last year. They will have lost 4 more games than they won in last season's losing record.

I think it's official the Vikings are cursed thanks to #4!!!

Members online

Latest posts