The under Rated best Draft Pick of 2004

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let’s go back to the 2004 Draft. I love history, and the 2004 draft is history.

1- Eli Manning - Chargers

2- Robert Gallery – Raiders

3- Larry Fitzgerald- Cards

4-Philip Rivers- Giants

5- Sean Taylor- Redskins

6- Kellen Winslow- Browns

7- Roy Williams- Lions

8- DeAngelo Hall- Falcons

9- Reggie Williams- Jags

10- Dunta Robinson- Texans

Just out of the top ten………… At number 11…. Ben Roethlisberger.

I was at the Steelers Draft Party that year as I was in Pittsburgh on business. The response from the gathered was actually very good… Unlike, you will know, if you have ever been around NY Giants’ or Jets’ fans during their first round pick. New York fans are ruthless.

It was the day after the draft, I was walking down the street in downtown Pittsburgh that I realized how Steeler fans were like Packer Fans… They love their team, and their players…. I walked by a burger place and they already had a sign in the window… Hand made in felt pen…. It Read….

“Try our Ben Roethlis-Burger and Fries- Only $3.99.â€

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree...Big Ben may turn out to be the steal of that draft. Although there are some very good players picked ahead of him, I think Ben has what it takes to be even more than a "good" NFL QB, he could be a great one.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Looking at the list I feel worse about the #5 pick.

Gallery, Manning and Robinson are okay.

Roy Williams and Kellen Winslow Jr. are negatives.

I think Roy Williams is really good and the jury should still be out on Winslow because he hasn't played enough due to injuries.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Steeler fans are great and Pittsburgh is always one of those teams I enjoy watching.

Big Ben has proven to most I think that all the hype around guys like Manning & Rivers was just that, coming from the MAC he has proven to be a huge steal and I can't help but hope the kid gets the ring.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big Ben is an average qb at best. He only had like a 23 qb rating in the superbowl and his team still won. The steelers are a strong enough team you could plug in any qb and be successful. Is anyone talking about what a great qb Kyle Orton is? The bears are in the same situation. If you put Ben on another team, even one that is a little less than average, he would have been the next Joey Harrington. Some of his games he only threw the ball 11 times the whole game. It doesn't take a great qb to hand the ball off. Big Ben is probably the most overrated qb in the NFL right now, more than even Michael Vick. His team won the superbowl despite his terrible play.

Members online

Latest posts