The type of leader Favre REALLY is...

Reaction score
Excellent Article!!!

( http://www.packersnews.com/archives/new ... 8739.shtml )

To cut to the chase, how bad must Favre be hurting right now? His team is down and out, and above all else, he believes he has not been able to do his job to the best of his ability. Try telling Favre it's "OK" to miss a few passes, or that no one realistically expects him to win out at the end of the game with a Hail Mary. Tell him he was bound to loose, history was against him, or it was inevitable he would have a loosing season. Tell him the losses are not his fault, but he still takes every game and every loss to heart. Brett loves to win, and you know deep inside the losses must be getting to him, especially since Brett is the type of person who has done his all. Brett will be the first to take blame for his bad passes, when in reality the TEAM couldn't do enough to win.

Yet there is good ol' Brett putting the team first. How many stars go around making sure their team mates have had a bite to eat? How many people would say "to hell with me, its all about the others right now"? After such a loss, who else but Brett could go out and care more about his team mates?

I have heard that Brett is done, and Rodgers needs to be given time. But here is the thing, people don't tend to look at the influence Brett has had in the locker room, the side lines, in the huddles. He has been a constant fixture for the Packers players in the locker room to look at, fixture for players on the side line to ask him questions, fixture for players in the huddle to follow his lead. Players themselves have become reliant upon Brett to be there, because they know as long as #4 is around, there is always a chance. If you take away #4, you are taking away what little confidence the players have left. If you do that, then the Pack truly have no chance of winning.

So when should Rodgers get some playing time? Not now, not next year, not as long as Brett is around, because the Packers without Brett are no better than a person without a heart.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am certainly with you aall about da packers. I think all of these people who are down on Brett should realize that he can't win these games by himself. What receivers does he have left? What running backs are left, and who is there to protect Favre. Come on all of you naysayers and back our quarterback.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
I am certainly with you aall about da packers. I think all of these people who are down on Brett should realize that he can't win these games by himself. What receivers does he have left? What running backs are left, and who is there to protect Favre. Come on all of you naysayers and back our quarterback.

Favre thinks he has to carry all 53 players to victory, quite honestly that's the only way we win a game the rest of the season...remember the carolina game, he gave all he had...we still lost

favre knows we suck but he simply tries too hard, forcing passes, etc...it says nothing about his decision making skills/game preparedness...but this man is all about winning, i think that's something completely lost in the favre bashing i've seen all across this forum

Latest posts