The TT Job Security Poll

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just kind of curious what kind of leash the fans would give him. My personal opinion is anything short of 7 wins merits serious consideration, especially if Favre retires and we have to find a new QB. At that point, my opinion is that it would be best to have a clean break.

Also, there is no reason to rehash the old subjects, just state how many wins you expect out of the team this year for TT to keep his job.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His job is safe regardless of wins this year.

less than 7 wins merits serious consideration? by the fans maybe. in fan-reality.

in reality, his job is safe for at least 2 years(contract).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His job is safe regardless of wins this year.

less than 7 wins merits serious consideration? by the fans maybe. in fan-reality.

in reality, his job is safe for at least 2 years(contract).
You are right Trom. Doesn't matter what any of us think. The Packers are going to give him a fair amount of time to do his job.

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really think if we win 3 games, he's safe?

Also, I stated, this is the fans opinion, not what managment will do.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would be. And i think they would look and see WHY they only won 3 games. Was it serious injury to several key players? Was it coaching blunders? You can't just heap it on TT because he picked the players. If they only won 3, i think MM would be the 1st person they would look at.

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
I think he would be. And i think they would look and see WHY they only won 3 games. Was it serious injury to several key players? Was it coaching blunders? You can't just heap it on TT because he picked the players. If they only won 3, i think MM would be the 1st person they would look at.

You can heap it on TT. He picked the players and the coach. Also, I don't think you can blame injuries since MS was able to eek out 4 wins without the benefit of a draft class picking at #5 and a boatload of injuries. Cmon, at some point the guy has to have some accountability.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you have to give him a couple more years. his philosophy is to build a strong core through the draft. front office had to recognize when they hired him that it would take a few years. Since this is based solely on fans opinions though, this poll should really be, how many wins would it take for you not to be royally pissed. i say 6.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
hoos said:

You can heap it on TT. He picked the players and the coach. Also, I don't think you can blame injuries since MS was able to eek out 4 wins without the benefit of a draft class picking at #5 and a boatload of injuries. Cmon, at some point the guy has to have some accountability.

the thing is you want TT to be accountable for other peoples messes before having a fair shot to screw things up himself. KGB and his stupid contract are still here. McCarthy has only had ONE year (better than shermans 4-12 dont ya think) to work.

Slow your roll.

Let Green Bay do its work.

And lets root them on.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
take a nap, arrow

all these threads are stupid and pointless. if you like or hate TT it doesnt mattter. you wont get him fired or his contract extended.

Im seeing less GB fans and more GB critics.

Everyones an expert now. Its cute.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
cheesey said:
hoos said:

the thing is you want TT to be accountable for other peoples messes before having a fair shot to screw things up himself. KGB and his stupid contract are still here. McCarthy has only had ONE year (better than shermans 4-12 dont ya think) to work.

Slow your roll.

And lets root them on.

IMHO, another one of TT blunders is hiring MCCarthy instead of Sean Payton

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
hoos said:
cheesey said:
hoos said:

Slow your roll.

And lets root them on.

Awesome

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
take a nap, arrow

all these threads are stupid and pointless. if you like or hate TT it doesnt mattter. you wont get him fired or his contract extended.

This is offseason, all we have to discuss is our opinions. When the season comes around I'll be rooting for them no matter what. I hope TT proves me wrong. Criticizing management does not make you less of a fan, rooting against your team does.

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
hoos said:
cheesey said:
hoos said:

Slow your roll.

And lets root them on.

I'm still not sold on MM either. Hopefully he proves me wrong this year as well.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
take a nap, arrow

Criticizing management does not make you less of a fan, rooting against your team does.

I agree, but when you get to a point where you know where EVERYONE stands, and have the same debate\arguments in different ways, it gets tiresome.

All we discuss is TT is helping the team\TT is destroying the team, but with subtle differences sometimes using favres last years, or how sherman screwed us.

Getting kinda repetitive.

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
tromadz said:
take a nap, arrow

Criticizing management does not make you less of a fan, rooting against your team does.

I agree, but when you get to a point where you know where EVERYONE stands, and have the same debate\arguments in different ways, it gets tiresome.

All we discuss is TT is helping the team\TT is destroying the team, but with subtle differences sometimes using favres last years, or how sherman screwed us.

And this is a poll on how many wins you expect out of TT this year. I specifically said I didn't want to rehash the old subjects, just wanted to know what the fan base expects.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
hoos said:
tromadz said:
take a nap, arrow

And this is a poll on how many wins you expect out of TT this year

No its a poll on job security as if the wins\losses of this year will effect it

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I start out the thread by saying what kind of leash the FANS would give him.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just kind of curious what kind of leash the fans would give him. My personal opinion is anything short of 7 wins merits serious consideration, especially if Favre retires and we have to find a new QB. At that point, my opinion is that it would be best to have a clean break.

Also, there is no reason to rehash the old subjects, just state how many wins you expect out of the team this year for TT to keep his job.

... if Favre retires its all the more reason to keep TT around to build a great solid foundation and fill the void of Favre.

a clean break would do nothing except set this franchis back further.

But alas, it doesnt matter cause hes not going anywhere. no matter how many games we win.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well let's see, AJ Hawk would have to turn out to be a violent criminal who TT signed knowing about it, possibly participating in it. Using the GB Packers as a front for massive amounts of drug trafficking and money laundering. Yeah, those are two situations in which I could see TT getting fired next year. But record? Noooo way.