"The train has left the station..."

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but aparently the engineer was busy texting someone! TT took over an 8-8 team and 4 years later our record will be worse. I'm sure Murphy and the board doesn't have to nads to do it but we go 6-10, he needs to go.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you look at reality, it's the Defensive line & Offensive line playing sub par.If you want to blame anyone for the bad play, blame the coaches and the players. TT has not told them what to do, he just picks them up. The running game is not right, because Grant is not getting the yards, because the O-line isn't opening holes or Grant doesn't see them when they are there. I don't get where you see TT as the loser of these games, get real.

OP
OP
G

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He picks the players. The talent and/or depth is not there. Neither is any type of leadership. I agree the line play is bad, but it is TT's line. Every team has injuries. Look at
Washington, they play without Jason Taylor and don't miss a beat.

I agree...TTis not losing these games....his players and coaches are.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBstock said:
He picks the players. The talent and/or depth is not there. Neither is any type of leadership. I agree the line play is bad, but it is TT's line. Every team has injuries. Look at
Washington, they play without Jason Taylor and don't miss a beat.

I agree...TTis not losing these games....his players and coaches are.

But if he saw something in the player, it's up to the coaches to refine that and the player to learn what is being taught

OP
OP
G

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't disagree, but maybe he sees something in a player that isn't really there. Besides, the coaching is handpicked by him.

I'm not looking to argue...just disgusted tonight...like so many others here.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know how you feel. I'm not real happy either, but I want to put the blame where it belongs. The coaches either need to do something with these guys, or go to TT and say "look, we tried but these guys aren't getting it. We need some serious help from someone else". That way they lay it all on TT's shoulders.

OP
OP
G

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
I know how you feel. I'm not real happy either, but I want to put the blame where it belongs. The coaches either need to do something with these guys, or go to TT and say "look, we tried but these guys aren't getting it. We need some serious help from someone else". That way they lay it all on TT's shoulders.

Damn...I just saw your avatar. Laughing my a## off. Thanks for the pick me up! (even though they are now in first place).

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBstock said:
wischeez said:

Damn...I just saw your avatar. Laughing my a## off. Thanks for the pick me up! (even though they are now in first place).

:devil:

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
GBstock said:
but aparently the engineer was busy texting someone! TT took over an 8-8 team and 4 years later our record will be worse. I'm sure Murphy and the board doesn't have to nads to do it but we go 6-10, he needs to go.

Yeah, since TT took over a team that was 8-8.

Yeah, you got me there.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually TT took over a club that was 4-12 and has made them 22-12 thru last season; 14-4 last season and just a step from the Super Bowl.
Were it not for the injuries, particularly on the lines, it would be the same lineup except for just 2 players and there's no reason to think things would be any difference record-wise than they are if either or both of them were still in Green Bay, all other factors being the same.
Injuries are only part of the problem, however. Lack of execution is the real culprit. That's something that goes to the players and coaches themselves.

OP
OP
G

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were 8-8, I believe. MM took over a team that was 4-12. TT came a year before MM.

Not sure why he has been given a free pass by some of you guys.

pillywright

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like TT was dead-on when he practiced his deer-in-the-headlights look all through the Favre saga. He really WAS lost. That dumb look on his face will likely come in handy all year if the Pack keeps forgetting to show up. Someone needs to remind TT that being a football fan and wearing a football sweatshirt doesn't make you a football expert. Possibly a look back at history...in your own backyard...may have helped?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
pillywright said:
Looks like TT was dead-on when he practiced his deer-in-the-headlights look all through the Favre saga. He really WAS lost. That dumb look on his face will likely come in handy all year if the Pack keeps forgetting to show up. Someone needs to remind TT that being a football fan and wearing a football sweatshirt doesn't make you a football expert. Possibly a look back at history...in your own backyard...may have helped?

Thompson and Holmgren worked together in Green Bay from 1992 to 1999, with Thompson serving as pro personnel and later player personnel director. Holmgren and Thompson were reunited in Seattle in 2000.

92-99 isnt that the years the Packers became really really good?

then he oversaw the draft in Seattle, isnt that when Seattle became really good and went to the SB?

holmgren and Mike Reinfeldt give credit to TT for just as much help in getting Seattle to the Sb..

but your excuse is that they did it after he left..

Yeah well, what happened since that SB they were in?

How has the team done?

Members online

Latest posts